Eruption

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Kai skipped his entire morning classes and went straight to their lounge during lunch. He laid on the couch with a cushion over his face while DO and Baekhyun sat on the edge with Kris, Chanyeol and Suho across them. “Yah! Thanks for not bringing me to my own house last night. You guys are the best!” he said with full of sarcasm.

“It’s not our fault you got wasted again. Tch!” Chanyeol smirked. “Whatever!” he retorted.

“Aren’t you gonna eat?” Kris asked. “No thanks hyung! This hangover is a !” he mumbled.

“I thought you said you weren’t craving for alcohol… I guess that was you talking again.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Shut up hyung!” he hugged the cushion instead and rubbed his eyebrows.

Just as Kai drifted to sleep and the boys continued eating, the door almost flew from being kicked. Sehun came barging in with a disheveled look. His hair was messy, eyes were puffy, and lips were chapped. And worse, his aura screamed anger. He was infuriated and mad. His glimmering brown eyes twisted into a dark and gloomy red. His teeth clenched together and hands fisted in rage.

“Sehun-ah!!!” Chanyeol beamed but his face fell when maknae never left his killer stare to Kai and rushed towards him. He overflowed with strength and adrenalin that he pushed DO and Baekhyun aside to grab Kai by his collar. “What the is wrong you? You’re always an ! Piece of !” he snarled in his face.

Kai who was half asleep with a hangover snapped at his wrath. “? ME??? Do you even listen to the things that come out of your mouth?” he pushed him but Sehun was too strong as he hovered him while kneeling in one leg on the couch.

“Sunmi is mine for SAKE!!!” he gritted his teeth and landed a solid punch on his jaw.

“Sehun-ah!!!” Kris leaped over the table and grabbed his arms.

“Let go of me!” he shoved Kris as well and was caught by Chanyeol. “I need to teach this snake some lesson!” Sehun hissed and lunge on top of Kai but he kicked him on the stomach making him fall to the floor. The second youngest wiped the blood dripping off his lips and lunge on him. He then swung his fist to his face. “Don’t you ever ing mess with me!” he swung his fist again but Baekhyun caught it this time and yanked him away.

Kris and Suho stood in between them with arms stretched out. It took Chanyeol and DO to subdue Sehun while Baekhyun manage to restrain Kai. “The is wrong with you, huh? Are you out of your mind?” Suho yelled at Sehun who remained unfazed at his deathly warning. “I AM, HYUNG!!! Wae? Can you do something about it?”

“Yes, I can! In fact, we all can! Just tell us what’s happening with you!” he forced a finger on his chest as they exchange glares.

“You really wanna know? Okay… I’m gonna tell you!” his piercing eyes went straight to Kai. “That piece of right there wants to get Sunmi from me! I really thought I could trust you!” he pointed a finger to him. Their voices rang through the tensed room. It was like a battlefield minus ammunitions and weaponry.

Kai fought the throbbing pain in his whirling head and shoved Baekhyun and Suho. “Is that what it’s all about? HUH? Get a hold of yourself Sehun!!!” he sprinted to him and aimed another punch. Kris turned and pushed him with one hand. “ENOUGH!!! This is not a ing prison where you can brawl all you want!” They whimpered except for Sehun who earned another glare from Kris. “You want to kill each other? Go ahead! I’d be glad to lend you both my gun to save us time and energy.  But do you really think Sunmi will like to see you dead? Use your puny little brains for once!” he faced Kai as well.

They all can tell that Sehun was confused. His eyes were filled with doubt. His judgment has been clouded by intense negative emotions. His voice was so loud, so thunderous, that they couldn't concentrate on what he says. He had become a whole different person. “Just so you know, that mother er is a snake! He betrayed me and he will do it to you as well!” he hissed while trying to break from Chanyeol and DO but they tightened their grip.

“And this is based on what? TELL ME!!!” Kai demanded.

“Dude, I don’t have to tell you coz you know what I’m talking about. You want her? Huh???” he taunted. “YOU CAN HAVE HER THEN!!!”

A pair of lunchbox fell on the floor and they all turned to the door. “Su-Sunmi?” Sehun stuttered and his face paled.

She stood lifeless as if a Dementor her dry. Everything went in slow motion except her heart pounded rapidly. Her legs were like jelly but she unknowingly turned and staggered away from them.

Kai dropped on his knees, Kris brushed his hair with one hand while the other is on his hips, DO and Baekhyun covered their gaping mouths, while Chanyeol and Suho sat on couch and covered their faces.

“Oh ! Baby… NO! NO! NO!” Sehun ruffled his hair and ran in front of her. “I didn’t mean what I said. Believe me!” he hugged her but she can’t feel anything nor hear any words from him. She was suddenly encased in a bubble. It was quiet, calm, and peaceful but in a frightening way coz when it bursts, she’ll suffocate.

“Baby, can you hear me?” he shook her but she kept walking and stared in nothingness. “Yah! Sunmi! Talk to me damn it!” Her eyes moved to meet his gaze and paused. “Say something please?” he pleaded.

“Stay away from me…” she forced herself to speak and shoved him. Sehun however pulled her wrist and hugged her again. “I said stay away from me or you’ll never see me ever again…” she added with a monotonous tone.

Sehun released Sunmi and helplessly watch her disappear through the hallway. He punched the glass casing of a community board beside him. “FUUCCKKK!!!” he snarled and his fist bled.

Kris went over to him and held his shoulders. “Let’s talk about it, bro! We’re here for you!” he supported him to the lounge.

-----------

I skipped through my remaining classes and strolled the streets of Hongdae. I emptied my brain with all that has happened with anything that could distract me. I played games in the arcades, watch a horror movie, ate a whole pan of pizza, binge on a desert buffet… Evening came and I already did everything but Sehun’s words haunted me. What else can make a person forget anything? Alcohol.

I lived my whole 19 years of existence and worked as a bartender but never let a single drop slip through my mouth. There’s this exclusive bar where no one usually go to not coz of the price but you can only get if you’re a part of the guest list which I’m not. But having Teddy as my uncle has its privileges. The bouncer who stood on the entrance never asked for any identification and let me through in an instant. “Enjoy Sunmi-ah!” he waved and I high fived him. “Neh!”

I sat on one of the stools and ordered anything on the bar list. The first shot of tequila burned everything on its path but the lime offered a different kick to it. Weird as it may be, it was refreshing. I got livelier and relaxed, and feel less tired. I was like a kid in a candy store smiling from ear to ear. ‘No wonder why Jongin loves drinking so much!’

After a few shots and a bottle of beer, my world started to spin. I could see from the mirror in front me that my face has become red and hot after I placed both palms on my cheek. The bartender was talking to me but I can hardly understand him. It’s either he was having speech problems or my ears just failed me. I tried talking to him but my tongue seems twisted as the words became slur. ‘What the hell? This is so not good…’

“Ju-juhgiyo!” I hiccupped and raised a finger to the bartender. “Can I have one of that please?” I pointed at a bottle on the glass wall.

“Agashi… I think you’ve had enough already…” he then placed a glass in front of me.

My head rolled down as my eye started to fail me as well. I picked it up and took a sip from it. “Yah! This just water! Give me something else!” I slammed the glass on the counter then a tall brown haired guy sat beside me. I looked at him from head to toe and I was in awe at how good he dresses. “Uwaaaa~ Are you a celebrity? You look so fine!” I hiccupped again.

“Xie Xie!” he bowed and talked to the bartender in alien language.

“Yah! Are you talking behind my back!” I slapped his arm.

“Agashi! We didn’t! He was just ordering some drink!” the bartender explained.

“Jinjjaaaa???" I smiled and tried to straighten up when I almost fell off my chair. “Ooops! That was close! Hehe!”

The bartender handed him his drink but I swiftly snatched it away and downed it all at once. “Aaahhh~ Komawo!” I patted his shoulder and he shook his head. “I’m Oh… Sunmi… by the way!” I hiccupped and raised my numbing hand to him.

“Zhang Yixing!” he bowed.

“What? Was that your name? What kind of language are you saying?” I burped. “Miahn! Excuse me!” I grinned and he bowed.

“Yah! Can you like stop bowing already. You’re making me dizzy!” my head rolled to the side.

“Agashi~ Enough already! You’re disturbing other customers here!” the bartender whined.

“Araseo! Araseo! I understand coz I’m a bartender as well. I’ll take my leave then!” I’m pretty sure I firmly gripped on the counter when I hopped off the stool but I didn’t feel my feet touching the floor. I suddenly floated when I my world never stopped spinning… then everything went black.