Another Life

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

There he was, looking down at me as perfect as can be: pure, godly, and ethereal. He must be my angel, leading me to heaven. Bullets of icy water dropped from the tips of his hair down to my cheeks. It stung and I flinch with every contact. His face has no emotion but mostly serene. I can feel his touch sliding down my face and it was electrifying. It shocked my system sending a mix of sensations all throughout. ‘Wait… If I can feel him… Does that mean?’

Then I suddenly heard someone screaming above me. “Breathe!!!”

Next thing I knew I felt pressure on my chest. I woke up groggy and caught a glimpse of a man pumping my chest with his 2 palms. “Breathe! C’mon breathe!!!” he yelled. Then I felt something from my throat. I was choking and suffocating. My body reacted and water spewed out of my mouth.

I was breathing slowly but my head was heavy as a boulder. It spun 360 degrees and my vision became blurred. My whole body was numb but trembled from the neck down. My toes and fingers were wrinkled. Lips were purple.

“There… You’re gonna be okay… Just keep breathing…” he said while patting my back after shifting me on my side. His voice was rather familiar. It has the same raspy tone and husky pitch in it.

He shifted me back lying against the sandy beach. I squinted my eyes to get a better image. “Sunmi-ah… Gwenchana?” he said again. I blinked a couple of times to drain the remaining sea water from my eyes.

Then everything fit together like pieces of a puzzle. When my senses were at its peak, it was his perfume that I smelled, his hand that I gripped, and the voice that called my name underwater, was his.

“Jae… joong oppa?” I croaked and looked up to him.

“Neh! It’s me! How are you feeling?” his face suddenly became worried.

I instantly stood up fighting through my wobbling self and shoved him aside. I ended up tumbling down in just one step.

“Yah! What were you thinking? Are you crazy!” he grabbed my wrist.

I shoved him again and pushed off the sand. “Don’t touch me! You’re the crazy one after you decided to jump with me!” I started walking away from him with balling fists on my side. Anger fueled my system that I became furious and mad. I was happy already. I was in pure constant bliss. Then this?

“Where are you going?” he ran in front of me.

“To continue where I left off! And DON’T ING FOLLOW ME!!!” I yelled.

“What the Sunmi! Do you really think I’m gonna let you?” he shook me.

“THEN HIT ME!!!” I glared at him.

“Mwoh?” his eyes bulged at me.

“I said HIT ME!!! C'MON!!!” I grabbed his hand and swung it towards my face.

But then he stopped my wrist with his free hand. “Don’t do this Sunmi! I beg you!” he remained calm.

“I have no other choice oppa! STAY..THE....AWAY..FROM..ME!!!” I pushed him aside with all my strength and sprinted as fast as I could. No one can stop me now. My eyes were on fire. My chest turned into a mean pumping machine. My heart was racing. My feet moved in a speed of light. I was running with all I got leaving only but footprints.

Next thing I know, Jaejoong tackled me and we rolled against the sand. I could hear him gasp while his arms protected my head and back. First it was the sky, then the shore, then back up.

We finally came to a stop. I refused to be contained and hindered so I fought him. “I said, get away from me! DAMN IT!!!” I pushed him but he was stronger. He turned me over and planted his knees on my sides having me underneath him. “STOP IT SUNMI!!!”

I thrashed my legs in different directions and flung my tensed arms into his chest. “GET OFF ME! LEAVE ME ALONE! YAH!!!” I refused to listen much less look at him.

He grabbed my wrists and pinned it to the side of my ears. “NO! I SAID STOP IT! GODDAMNIT!!!” he growled.

My upper body was rendered immobile. My heels sunk into the wet sand as I pushed against it. I eventually got tired but the fire in my veins was still blazing. “SHIREO! ANDWAE! I HATE ALL OF YOU! AAHHHHH!!!” I screamed while frantically shaking my head from side to side.

Jaejoong breathed heavily after my overflowing anger infuriated him. His gripped got tighter. His eyes bore a hole through my closed lids.

Tempers were flaring. Then we’re in a complete standoff.

“LOOK AT ME!!! YAH!!! YOU’RE BEING UNREASONABLE!!!” he then lowered himself. “WILL YOU ING LOOK AT ME???”

“I DON”T WANT TO!” then I started slamming my head against the surface. “I WANNA DIE… I DON’T WANNA BE HERE ANYMORE…” then he dove into my lips.

My eyes shot wide open. I was seeing stars on the gloomy skies. I can hear chimes echoing through the waves. His eyes were closed but his face was peaceful all over again.

My lids slowly dropped and Jaejoong loosened his grip. His lips tasted like salt from the sea, but when his tongue went deeper to worship me, it was sweet as chocolate.

Our noses touched. Our nerves faded away. His paced breathing fanned my upper lip. His blazing heat melted my wretched heart.

Among all of the dizziness, something inside me changed. I am gaining strength from his electrifying touch. The serenity and constant bliss I have been wanting, finally came back. I feel at one with the world. I can see things more clearly now that the mist has been lifted. I am at home within my own skin.

And this was all because of the kisses of affection and deep passion igniting from both of our hearts and coursing through both of our lips. It was too magical that even our eyes slowly and willingly opened at the same time.

“Oppa… Why can people be so mean? How can they hurt me?” I suddenly cried.

His hand moved to wipe my tears. “Sunmi-ah… Hurt is there to remind us that we are alive. Yes, they can be mean, rude, violent, but you can’t let them affect you. In this world, pain is inevitable and suffering is optional. Always remember that, okay?” and I slowly nodded.

Jaejoong rested his forehead on mine and stared deep into my eyes. We were calm and taking our time feeling our hearts beating as one.

His eyes moved as he my face. Given his deep and mysterious thoughts, I knew there was something he needed to say. “I told myself I would never love again, but then you came along. Believe me Sunmi, it was so damn easy falling in love with you. But the hardest part was fighting without knowing how to win coz I can never have you…”

“Oppaaa…” and he pressed a finger on my lips.

“Sshhh~ I’ve been trying so hard to hold it in. I’m not supposed to tell you much less kiss you… But I can’t! Miahnae Sunmi! Jeungmal Miahnaeyo… I totally lost control of my emotions…”

I slightly raised my head and reached for a peck on his lips. “Hope that makes you feel better…” he smiled and I continued. “I should be the one saying that, y’know? It was I who caused you this much trouble. I’m sorry… But most of all… Thank you! I owe you my life!”

“Speaking of which, don’t you ever do that again! ARASEO!” he growled and I whimpered. “Neehhh…” I whispered.

“AISH!!!” his knuckles suddenly landed on my forehead. “OWW! Oppa!” I rubbed the spot.

“So your forever stubborn and stupid brain won’t forget!” then he stood.

Jaejoong swiftly cupped me off the shore and carried me like a bride. “Let’s go to the hospital… I wanna make sure you’re okay…” and he started walking.

“Fine…” I rolled my eyes. “Oppa? how did you find me by the way?” I looked up to him.

He hesitated at first but after a deep gulp, he confessed. “Just a few miles away from here is where my girlfriend was buried…”

“Oh! Minyoung unnie?” I blurted and he stopped.

“How did you know?” he scowled.

“Ermm… Junsu oppa told me everything about you and her… Hehehe~” I grinned.

“That freak!” he hissed and continued walking. “Well, I visit her when I’m sad and lonely. I find comfort being with her. Maybe not physically but everything seemed right when I talk to her.”

His lips suddenly curled. “Then on my way back to the hotel, I saw someone… Ani! I actually saw a ghost approaching a cliff!” he scoffed after a quick glance at me. “I was supposed to stop that idiotic ghost from jumping but I was too late so I had to jump after her!” he whined. “I think I’ve gone mad from this one sided love coz for one thing, I have terrible fear of heights. I can swim but I’m not Park Taehwan, for God sake!” he continued blabbing. “You’re a ing retard for thinking of that. You didn’t even think of your brothers, or your uncle. Not even me? I can’t believe…”

Next thing I knew, he was shaking me. “Yah! I just saved your ! How can you not pay attention to me?”

“Oppaaa~” I yawned. “Let me sleep, please?” I gripped his shirt and scooted to his chest.

“Shireo!” he protested and I pretended to snore. “Unbelievable! Urgh!”

A smile formed into my lips then he stomped into his car. “Sunmi-ah… I’m not sure if you’re awake or not but whatever, I’ll ask anyway… Will you go out on a date with me tomorrow?” he murmured and started whining again. “Y’know, since we’re here and all… Jeju is breathtaking, I tell ya! I just wanna spend time with you before we go back home. I promise, we will go straight home after our date…”

“Will you shut the up? Geez! I’m trying to sleep here!” I snapped.

“Miahnae…” he pouted and I smiled. “Babo! I’m just joking… And yes, we’re going on a date!”

“Booyahh!!!” he beamed.

“Can I sleep now?” I frowned.

Jaejoong propped me up and pulled me in. “Yes you can, sweetie… Mmwaahhh~” his lips smacked into my cheek.