Going Ninja

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

The girls hurriedly walk into the east wing of the campus to the office of the school counselor. “Jinsuk-ah, you do realize that I just came out of an injury and I’m planning to make my body scratch free starting today, right?”

“Chill sis! Nothing’s gonna happen, I promise!” she replied while looking around. They suddenly stopped in front of a wooden door and Jinsuk turned the knob. She poked her head in between the gap then tiptoed her way in but Sunmi tugged her shirt. “I think we should just go…”

“We’re here already… Let’s do this!” she pulled her and made their way in.

It was fortunate that they went ninja during lunch since almost all offices are pretty much empty. Jinsuk sat on the swivel chair and her geeky powers came in handy as soon as her fingers touched the computer.

Sunmi fidgeted behind her and kept looking at the door. “Ppalli…” she whispered.

“I’m trying…” Jinsuk searched through the school’s database for the student’s personal records. A long list of names flashed on the screen and her eyes moved up and down for that one special person. “Here!” she shrieked.

Sunmi stooped lower to the screen where Jiyoen’s profile showed. Her date and place of birth, parent’s names, home address, hobbies, the whole nine yards. Jinsuk scrolled down and read the contents of her medical history.

“Park Jiyeon… blah… blah… blah…” she skimmed through the irrelevant details then finally stopped. “Sunmi-ah! I think this is it!” she listened intently while her best friend continued reading. “Park Jiyeon suffered severe emotional and mental abuse as a child that led to a Psychiatric condition called Delusional Disorder.” the girls looked at each other and went back to the screen. “She has undergone an erotomanic episode wherein the patient believes that a “secret admirer” is declaring his affection to the patient, by special glances, signals, or telepathy.”

“Holy ! That's some creepy stuff right there! The girl is looney!” Jinsuk remarked while Sunmi covered and couldn’t believe her ears.

“S-Seriously?” she stuttered.

Jinsuk double checked and saw Jiyeon smiling on the attached picture.

“That’s her alright! Look, there’s more…” Sunmi bent towards the screen once again. “Park Jiyeon is said to have recovered completely but a possible relapse of delusional beliefs may occur.” Jinsuk read. 

Sunmi pulled away and leaned her on the table. All she could feel for Jiyeon was pity. She couldn’t bring herself to hate a person who has gone through so much even if at the back of her mind, Jiyeon could be a threat between her and Sehun. “I feel bad for her sis!” she crossed her arms on her chest while staring at the floor.

“Well… Let’s just hope she won’t use her condition as an excuse to tear your relationship apart or I will cut her myself!” Jinsuk slammed her fist on the other palm. “I warn you Oh Sunmi! Don’t let anyone get in between you and Sehun especially not some whackjob. Araseo?”

“I may look at her differently now but I won’t let that happen. Sehun is mine!”

“Good! Now let’s leave this place before someone catches us!”

Just as Jinsuk removed the traces from the computer, the door knob clicked. “!” Sunmi hissed and jolted up. Their heads move from side to side while looking for an escape route but couldn’t find any since it’s a confined space. The door opened and they saw a tall man come in. They instantly moved and squeezed themselves under the table. Jinsuk pulled the white chair towards them and already accepted their fate of being expelled if caught.

The girls looked at each other with wide eyes. Bullets of sweat dripped on their faces from the suspense and Sunmi covered when the footsteps became louder. Her eyeballs unknowingly moved to the side when she caught a glimpse of the man’s feet. He stopped in front of them while trying to look around. Jinsuk gulped and closed her eyes. Then a pen suddenly dropped on the floor. ‘Oh ! Please don’t pick it up! Don’t! Don’t…’ Sunmi panicked.

Jinsuk opened her eyes and it could almost pop out of her skull when she saw a hand appear in front of them trying to pick up the pen.

“Seonsaengnim! The dean is looking for you!” a voice called from the door and the man immediately left.

The girls heaved the biggest sigh they ever had after the door shut close and became silent again. They crawled out of the table and held their raging chests. “OMG Jinsuk! Remind me again to avoid doing ninja business for the next 10 years.” Sunmi panted and picked up the pen. "Stupid piece of ! You almost gave me a heart attack!" she scoffed at it and ditched it on the trash bin.

“Me too! I think I just had my first out-of-body experience…” Jinsuk muttered and they quickly stood and ran out of the room.