Reconcile

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 EXO were in Kris’ pad later that evening. Everyone was present except for DO who had to fetch Sungmin. They sat on two long couches having Sehun and Kai right across each other with swollen faces: Kai has a torn lip while Sehun got a bruised eye. The two already calmed down and were finally sane enough to settle their differences.

“Ok I admit! I was eaten by jealousy and doubt! This whole marriage is ing up my life. UGH!!!” he grabbed his hair.

“Dude! If you’re miserable, don’t go lashing out on people. You can talk to us! You know very damn well that we’re here for you!”  Luhan patted his shoulder.

“I know hyung! I just can’t handle the fact that Jongin hyung wants to take Sunmi away from me!”

Kai sat with elbows on his knees and clasped hands. “Bro! You know for a fact that Sunmi is the only girl I loved and I’ve been fighting so hard to let her go. But I will never ruin our friendship! You should know better, Sehun!” he raised his voice and Kris placed a hand on his shoulder. “Easy…”

“That’s why I believed everything I saw and heard! If you were in my shoe, I’m pretty sure you would’ve done the exact same thing!” he pointed a finger and Suho lowered his arm. “Heeyy... Chill man!”

“To be honest, I really thought of fighting for her to make her realize how much she means to me… But every time I look into her eyes, it’s you I see, your name comes out of naturally, she giggles at the sight of you… and I knew right away that I lost even before the fight began. Do you understand that? Huh? It hurts like , Sehun!” they remained still and silent as tears flowed down Kai’s face while his chin quivered. “What you’re feeling right now is nothing compared to what I’m going through after all these ing years!” he gritted his teeth and pointed a finger to his face.

Sehun suddenly felt like cold water has been poured over his head. He knew how stupid he acted but never realized how Kai has been suffering. “Hyung…” he stuttered. “Miahnaeyo... Forgive me for everything that I said, think and did to you! I know it’s beyond unforgivable but still… Forgive me! I’m really sorry!” maknae cried as well.

Kai blew out a huge air and suddenly stood. Kris and Suho prepared for another wave of clash but Kai reached out a hand to Sehun. “It’s okay, I understand. Like you said, I might’ve done the same thing as well… But don’t you ever ing do that again!”

Sehun stood and pulled his hand for a hug. “That will be the last, I promise! Are you really not gonna take Sunmi from me anymore?” he sniffed.

“Of course, you idiot! Not unless if you’re serious when you said I can have her!” Kai sniffed and chuckled.

“Keep dreaming! I was just making sure!” they both laughed and wiped their tears.

Chanyeol stood in between them and placed his arms on each of their shoulders. “Aaahhh~ Peace has once again been restored to Exoplanet!” he beamed.

They sat back down and Sehun continued talking. “I’m sorry as well guys!” he faced each of them.

“It’s okay! At least you learned something from what happened.” Kris pounded his fist with him.

“Yeah! Next time, try to relax and think things through. Don’t let anger take over you.” Suho ruffled his hair.

“I will…” he smiled shyly. “By the way, is it true that Sunmi works at the club again?” he asked them.

“Uhmmm… Yeah…” Kris answered. “She wanted to keep herself busy.” he added and forced a smile.

Sehun sighed and leaned his head on the back rest. “I ing messed up, didn’t I?” he stared at the ceiling.

“Dude, don’t think of it that way. Think of how you can make it up to her!” Baekhyun suggested. “I will hyung… I will!”

“GUYS!!! GUYS!!!” DO came running through the door with Sungmin in tow who was panting behind him. “Hyung! Slow down!” he huffed.

“Oh! Miahn! Don’t worry, we’re here already!” and they both stopped.

The boys turned and were stunned looking at them feeling their raging chests as they catch some air. “Kyungsoo-ah… What happened?” Luhan blurted.

“Sunmi…” he wheezed. “… she’s missing!”

“MWOH???” then chaos erupted. “What do you mean missing?” Kris slowly stood.

“Sunmi? Missing?” Chanyeol held his chest for another heartbreak. “I can’t take this anymore. Can someone take me to the hospital? Aish!”

“What the are you talking about?” Kai sneered at him.

“HYUNGS! CALM DOWN!” Sehun yelled and Sungmin ran to him after hearing his voice. He lifted his brother up and placed him on his lap. “Hello there dongsaeng! Hyung misses you soooo much!” they hugged. “Me too…”

“Where’s noona?” he looked down at him but Sungmin’s eyes went to DO and back up to him. “I dunno hyung! We can’t find her...” his lips trembled.

“Don’t worry… I will find Sunmi noona!” he kissed his forehead and looked at DO. “Hyung! Are you sure about this?”

DO walked towards them and squeezed in between Kai and Kris. “Neh! After I fetched Sungmin from school, we went home and waited for her. But hours have passed and she didn’t come so I went to the club coz I thought she was there since she’s working, right?” they nodded. “But Teddy hyung said she didn’t show up so I called Jinsuk thinking that she might have gone to see her about what happened. But she didn’t!” they took out their phones and dialed Sunmi. “That won’t help! I tried calling and texting her but her phone is dead!” DO added.

Kris paced while pinching his chin. “Where could she be?” Suho fiddled in his phone and called Jaejoong. “I’ll call DBSK hyungs! While the rest of you try, the other sunbaes!” he ordered.

“Neh! I’ll Call Shinee!” Baekhyun raised his hand.

“I’ll call Super Junior!” Chanyeol added.

Sungmin watched them contact any person who knows Sunmi in SMU and looked up to Sehun. “Hyung! What if something bad happens to noona? I’m scared!” he clutched on his shirt.

“Sshhhh! Don’t talk like that! Sunmi is a very strong girl! She’s fine!” he rubbed his arm.

“Why don’t we all go to her house and wait for her there? She might be home already! And if she’s not back in an hour, then we can start looking for her!” Kai suggested.

“I agree! Gaja!” Kris gestured his hand towards the door.

They left and nervously drove to her house. All of them were expecting for her to be there already but something tells them she’s not. Sehun was the first to reach home and immediately jumped off his car. “SUNMI-AH!!!” He shouted after entering through the door and ran up the stairs to her room. “Baby?” he looked around and walked in.

Sehun slowly sat on her bed and ran his fingers on it. Feeling the silky soft sheets was like feeling her own skin. It made him warm and light in the side as if lulling him to sleep. He laid on his back and closed his eyes with arms wrapped around a white plush pillow. The minty scent seep his nostrils and it was undeniably coming from her long black hair. "Oh God! I miss you so much, Sunmi! Please come back to me..."

Sehun enjoyed Sunmi's lingering presence in her room while they waited for as planned.