New Ordeal

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Five boys lined up in front of Kai and the tallest among all of them spoke. “Look what we have here. I think someone is lost!” his husky voice shivered me.

I tried peering over his shoulder but he squeezed my hand. “Keep your head down. Damn it!” he gritted his teeth and cowered back behind him.

“Jonginnie… Is that your girlfriend?” the shortest with black hair asked.

“She’s not, su-sunbae…” he stuttered. ‘Uwaaaa~ Jongin has been tamed. It’s a miracle!’ I cringed.

“Let me see her then?” the guy said while walking towards us.

“I’m sorry but I can’t allow it…” he slightly bowed his head and I suddenly felt being pulled away.

Fortunately, Kai was stronger so I remained on my spot. “Sunbae, please! You can punish me all you want just leave her out of this!”

“SHIREO!” he sneered.

It took me a lot of courage to pop my head above Kai’s shoulder to check his opponents. ‘Hot damn! Those guys are mighty fine! Uwaaa~’ my eyes glistened at their aura. It’s like a spotlight is permanently mounted over their heads making them shine brighter. I was too distracted to get an imprint of their faces but the guy on the left most side caught my attention.

‘He looks familiar… Hmmm~’ I took a closer look and let out a gasp. ‘OMG, this must be my lucky day!’

I let go of Kai’s hand and sprinted towards Jinsuk’s brother. “JINKI OPPA!!!”

His eyes bulged and caught me just in time when I jumped on him. “Su-Sunmi?” he froze for a bit but unknowingly wrapped his arms around my back.

“Neh! It’s me!” I squealed and it finally sunk into him. He lifted me off the ground and we spun. “Aigooo~ You’ve grown to be a pretty lady, MiMi!”

Him calling me that made my insides fuzzy and it felt like I was 7 years old again. We would play by the park with his sister and he made sure no other kids can go near us. He was the typical over protective brother and we loved the attention we were getting.

The rest of the hallway became silent. It’s as if they all suddenly vanished even if I could already feel Kai raging in fury. The other boys were staring at us especially the one that almost looked like Kai. He appears to be the youngest and the most innocent among all of them.

Onew placed me down and held my face while I kept my arms on his waist. “How are you sweetie?”

“MiMi? Sweetie? What the hell?” I heard the one with the glasses muttered.

“I’m great! I just saw Jinsuk earlier and now, YOU! I miss you so much, oppa!” tears started welling up.

He then circled his thumb on my cheek. “I heard about your parents. Miahnada Sunmi. We should’ve been there…”

“It’s okay, oppa. Jinsuk told me everything.” I smiled.

The youngest of them walked up to us and poked him. “Ehem… Hyung!”

“Oh!” Onew pulled away and placed an arm around my shoulder. “Guys, this is Oh Sunmi. Jinsuk’s friend that I also consider my little sister.”

‘Ahh… So that’s why Jongin was about to devour Jinsuk earlier… Tsk!' "Oppa, I’m not little anymore.” I complained.

“Whatever!” he smirked and they started introducing themselves to me while Kai tried so hard to contain his anger.

I bowed to each of them but forgot their names right away since I was too excited to talk to Onew. “Oppa, let’s go have lunch. I wanna hang out with you.” and Kai quickly snapped.

“ANDWAE!!! Let’s go, Sunmi!” he grabbed my wrist and pulled me away.

Onew blocked him with tensed arm and killer stare. “Release her or I will ing break your arm into pieces!”

They all whimpered at his deadly warning but Kai remained unfazed. I sensed the hostility so I raised my palm to Onew’s chest and softly pushed him back. “Oppa, calm down…” and pulled Kai away from him.

We walked a few steps away from them as they all glared at him while he kept his head down in defeat. I know how much his pride and ego has been hurt after seeing this side of him. I cupped his face with both hands and looked at him with an eye-smile. “Jongin? I hope it’s not too much to ask if I could have lunch with Jinki oppa? I just missed him dearly.”

“How could I even say no to you?” he smiled and pinched my cheek. “Just be careful, okay?

“There’s nothing to be worried about. I don’t think he will let anything happen to me…” and I hugged him. “By the way, you did great protecting me. I’m so proud of you, Kkamjong!”

We broke apart and he kissed my forehead before leaving. “Call us if you need anything, a’right?”

“I will!” I patted his shoulder and he delivered a final death glare to Shinee while walking away. ‘Guuyyysss…’ I sighed.

“Is that your boyfriend?” Onew asked after walking beside me.

“NO!” I cringed. “It’s Oh Sehun!” then I blushed.

“Okay… But that doesn’t mean we’re gonna stop making their lives miserable.” he added and they all high fived.

“Oppaaa~” I scowled at him.

“Yah! It’s not like they’re the only one who suffer… We get bullied by our sunbaes too, y’know!”

“I don’t care just stop it, please?” I pleaded with aegyo.

“I’ll think about it… But you gotta stop that, MiMi! You look stupid…” Onew pointed a finger to my face.

Taemin however interrupted us. “No, she’s not. It’s cute, actually!” he smiled.

Onew placed an arm above my shoulder while I placed mine on his waist as we walk away from the boys. “Hyung! What about us? I wanna come too!” Taemin raised his hand.

“Not now maknae. I wish to have an alone time with Sunmi.” he waved to them.

“You like her don’t you?” Key teased.

“Of course not! I just wanna be friends with her.” the youngest gulped.

Jonghyun walked beside him while they watch Onew and Sunmi go further. “You do realize that she has a boyfriend and… Take note, he’s an EXO! Kyaaaa~”

“Hyung! I know... You don’t have to rub it in! Aish!” Taemin broke away from them and walked on a different direction.

“Aigooo~ This is gonna be interesting…” Minho rubbed his chin.

----------

"MWOH??? What do you mean she had lunch with Shinee's leader???" Sehun paced in front of Kai in their newly renovated lounge. "For sake Jongin! You just handed Sunmi to him with a huge- ribbon on her head!"

"Dude! It's not like I deliberately gave her to him. She begged me to let her go. You would've done the same thing if you were in my shoes!" they now glared at each other's face. 'It pains me seeing you together and it's killing me more coz I'll forever be in the sideline. GODDAMNIT!' Kai screamed in his mind. "Do you really think I'll let anything happen to her? HUH???"

Baekhyun pulled him back while Chanyeol did the same for Sehun and Kris had to broke them apart. "Sehun-ah, calm down. I'm pretty sure, Sunmi knows what she's doing and besides, Jongin said that Onew-shi is like her brother and his sister is her best friend. We'll just have to trust her, okay?"

"Fine!" Sehun raised his arms in the air and waited nervously by the door.