Favor

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

It’s been days after Sungmin and I officially moved into the new house. He had trouble sleeping at first and got the hang of it after DO spent a few nights with him. School was going smooth as well but I had to beg Sehun when I wanted to hang out with Jinsuk more. He only agreed as long as no one in Shinee will ever join us, not even Onew.

“Are you happy with such an over protective boyfriend?” Jinsuk rolled her eyes during a break at a coffee shop.

“Yah! My boyfriend has a name so use it!” I demanded.

“Fine! Are you happy with Sehun?” she wiggled her fingers emphasizing the name.

“Very much! In fact, I could see myself growing old with him with a lot of mini-me’s around us.” I giggled.

“Aigooo~ As much as I dislike him, I’m happy for you sis.” she tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

I then placed the teaspoon aside after stirring my drink. “Thanks… But what’s up with all this hate against EXO?” I wondered.

“Well… Aside from the fact that I’m on Jinki oppa’s side, I can totally sense how egotistical and selfish maniacs your friends are.” she smirked.

“They’re really not! I swear! I wouldn’t defend them if they are. You know how I am when it comes to friends right?”

“Mhmmm! You’re way too picky!” she chuckled.

I suddenly remembered how Sehun tried to convince me to get to know EXO back in high school. “Look… I also had the same impression of those boys but once you get to know them, they’re actually really nice… Give them a chance, please?”

Jinsuk crossed her arms on the table. “I’ll think about it…”

“Komawo Jinsuk-ah!” I squealed and she just ignored it. “Riigghhtt~”

“Anyway, I can see that bullying is rampant in this school. Is there a way to stop it? It really ticks me off, y’know!” I sneered.

Jinsuk smirked and placed her mug down. “No can do, sweetie. Bullying has been a part of SMU’s culture and it’s like a way to discipline the rookies.”

“Discipline my ! Those sunbaes should set an example to their hoobaes and not make their lives miserable. Hmpft!” I slammed my hand on the table getting attention from other students. “Miahnae…” I faked a smile to them.

“Sunmi-ah, if you haven’t noticed, the ever majestic EXO bows down to any sunbae which means, they now know how to respect those who are higher than them. Besides, once they move up to another level, they too can bully anyone under them. Believe me, Shinee also gets their fair share from other sunbaes!” she then took a bite from her muffin.

“I still don’t get it. It’s pointless!” I objected and she just laughed. “What about you? Why does it seem like you’re untouchable?” I gulped my drink.

“Hmmm… Let’s just say, I had to show everybody my tough side and that no one can mess with me.” Jinsuk showed a diabolic smile.

“Uwaaaa~ Are you some kind of gangster?” I raised an eyebrow.

“What if I am?” and my eyes widened. “Babo! I’m not! I had my means of threatening people and so far it never failed me.” she snickered.

I almost choked when I swallowed a spoonful of cake. “I should stick to you then?”

“Naahhh, no need for that. I don’t think no one will get near you when they know I’m your best friend.” she genuinely smiled.

Jinsuk and I continued talking about anything. From bullying to gossiping, then how their family ended up getting rich, then back to me and Sehun.

“How did your boyfriend… I mean, Sehun got the house? Is everything legit?” she snorted.

“HA! HA! It’s not funny!” I glared at her. “Everything’s legal. He had to sacrifice a lot of his finances and did some office work for his parents just to get it. Tch!” I pouted.

Jinsuk suddenly reached her hand to mine. “He must really love you, Sunmi. You’re truly lucky.”

“I love him too and I’d rather die not having him with me.” my voice shook.

“Awww~ Sweetie, you have my full support. From now on, I will treat Sehun as my dongsaeng.” she lightly tapped my head.

“Komawo!” I smiled.

The conversation lasted a lot longer than expected and it was getting dark already when my phone buzzed with an SMS. ‘Baby, aren’t you done yet?’ and I flashed a smile.

“I’m guessing someone’s looking for you now?” Jinsuk then drank from her glass of water.

“Mhmm… Hang on, I’ll just reply to him.” I giggled. ‘We’re done babe, you can fetch me now. We’re here at the coffee shop.’

‘Cool! Be there in 10 minutes.’ he replied. ‘Okay! Be careful and I love you.’ Jinsuk cringed after seeing me giggling like an idiot while scribbling on my phone. “Oh God… Spare me!”

I placed my phone aside and crossed my arms on the table when she continued talking. “Sis, I got a favor to ask and I want you to listen to me okay? It’s really important and I hope you’ll consider.”

“What is it?”

“There’s an upcoming charity event and I want you to be a part of it.” she added.

“Sure! I’d be glad to. What’s it about?” I smiled from ear to ear.

“It’s actually an auction and the proceeds will go to a children hospital.” she explained.

I suddenly got excited when I knew I could help out even just a little bit. “That would be great. What will I have to do?”

Jinsuk took a deep breath and her signature poker face that I’ve been dreading showed up. ‘Oh . This is not good.’ I thought.

“Well… Instead of bidding for the usual stuffs like paintings, memorabilia, or what not… The org thought of having girls like you be auctioned off.” she grinned worriedly.

The color on my face instantly drained even if my racing heart is pumping gallons of blood. “Wh-What did you say? Can you try to rephrase it?” I gestured my hand.

“Sunmi-ah, I know you heard me correctly and I’m sorry if I have to let you do this but I have no other choice. There are only a few girls in this whole campus who is worthy enough for a bid.”

“Is that even a compliment? What in the actual , Jinsuk?” I hissed.

“Let me explain first, okay? Calm down…” and I nervously nodded. “Girls will be put on the auction block for the charity event. The girl will either provide some errand work for the highest bidder or take you on a date.”

“Hell no, sis! I ain’t putting up with it! I’m not some kind of ho! Nah-uh!” I waved my hands to her frantically.

“Yah! I’m not a pimp to put my best friend on sale. It’s for a good cause.” she held my hand and my head dropped.

After thinking for a bit, I looked up to her and sighed. “You do realize that I have a boyfriend, right? So even if I say yes to this, I highly doubt he will let me.”

“We’re not gonna tell him then!”

“You’re unbelievable, Jinsuk. Now you’re asking me to lie to Sehun…” I rolled my eyes.

“Just this once, please? This is really important to me. It’s a matter of grades and death… And besides, you’ll get paid as well.” she wiggled her eyebrows.

“I don’t care about the money. I can work for it on my uncle’s club if I need the extra cash. Tch!” I scoffed. “Why don’t you do it then?” I added.

“Can’t you see the obvious? I’m a nerd who prefers boy’s clothes. Who would want to bid for me?” she fixed her dark framed glasses.

“Aish! Molla!” I slumped on my chair and stared at the ceiling.

Jinsuk took both of my hands with hers and clasped them together. “Please consider it Sunmi. I’ll forever be indebted to you if you do this. I really need this event to work and it’s all up to you. Please bessy!”

I blew out a huge air puffing my cheeks. “Fine…” and she shrieked. “But no one in EXO will know about this especially Sehun and NO DATES! Araseo!”

She then raised her right hand. “I promise with all my heart!” and leaned to me for a hug. “Thank you so much, Sunmi! You’re the BEST!!!”

“What’s going on?” Sehun suddenly appeared behind us.

We both jerked from our seats and faced him. “N-Nothing!” I faked a smile and stood. “Babe! Ermm… I want you to meet my childhood best friend, Lee Jinsuk.” he reached out a hand to her without hesitating. “Annyeong haseyo, Oh Sehun imnida.” and bowed.

Jinsuk stood and shook his hand. “Annyeong haseyo… It’s great to finally meet you. I’m Lee Jinsuk.” she bowed as well and faced me. “I’m impressed, Sunmi. He’s actually really nice and courteous!” she remarked making Sehun smile shyly.

“I told you!” I hugged Sehun from the side while he kept an arm around my shoulder and kissed my head.

“Oookkaayyy… Just no mushy feels in front of me please!” she scrunched her nose and we just ignored her.

Sehun joined us for a bit as they get to know each other and eventually went home.