Scary

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

It was the first time I set foot in the mansion’s main dining hall. The lights were dim giving off a peaceful and sophisticated vibe. Gold curtains adorned the shiny windows while fresh flowers on marbled tops provided the relaxing scent. The oval table was decked with silver china’s and an elegant centerpiece.

Just as I was planning to make an escape, two glowing figures emerged after entering through a different door. They approached us and with their step, I moved back but Sehun swiftly took my wrist. “Easy babe…” he whispered.

I remained frozen at my spot while watching them near us. They were like Zeus and Hera, eternally beautiful and stunning. ‘Now I know why Sehun is mad gorgeous. Hot damn, his parents are gods!’ I gulped. He was wearing an all black suit while she looked like the first lady of the country with her matching skirt and blazer in lavender.

Sehun’s mother reminded me of my mom. She has that endearing and caring aura that makes her lovable. His father however gives off a totally different impression. He looked at me from head to toe and I choked as our eyes met. It was like staring Hitler in the eye. He was as intimidating as Kai’s dad and just as scary. ‘Gosh! What’s up with EXO dads? Did they all grow up together as well?’

I instantly bowed 90 degrees to each of them as soon as they stopped in front of us. “Annyeong haseyo.” I said in my most polite and respectful way so did my brother.

His mom genuinely smiled to me while his dad kept his honorable stance.

Sehun released my hand and went to her. “Umma! I miss you!” he hugged her tightly. “Awww~ I miss you too, my baby boy!” she kept pinching her son’s cheeks while they hugged.

I’m truly happy for Sehun seeing him in his mother’s warm embrace but sad at the same time coz he only gets to do it once in three months, sometimes even more. He always tells me how happy he is being with me but I can never level up to the kind of love his mom provides him. Sehun pulled away from her and was supposed to hug his father but his royal highness leaned back so his son bowed instead. “It’s great seeing you dad.” his old man nodded.

Sehun walked back beside me and introduced us. ‘Oh boy! This is it!’ I took a deep breath and pressed my lips together.

“Eomeoni. Abeoji. I want you to meet my girlfriend, Oh Sunmi.” I bowed again. “And her brother, Oh Sungmin.” he bowed as well.

His mom walked up to me and didn’t hesitate to hug me. “Omo! Omo! It really is you!” she rubbed my back. “It’s great to finally meet the girl who changed my son into a better man.” My body became useless as I became stiff as log and forgot how to respond just as a normal human being would. “N-Nice to meet you as well.” I stuttered and smiled then I softened up. She pulled away from me and stooped to my brother. “Annyeong!” she excitedly waved to him. Unlike my wimpy self, Sungmin was rather delighted. He jumped on her for a hug and she managed to catch him. “Can I call you umma as well? Just like Sehun hyung does?”

I rolled my eyes and covered my face with my good hand. ‘Why now, Sungmin? Waaaeee???’

Sehun’s mom carried him up making my jaw drop. I can’t believe seeing the queen herself carrying my chubby brother. “Of course! Especially that my Sehun is all grown up now.”

“Umma! You’re replacing me already?” the biological son nagged as he kept holding my hand.

“Not at all, son! I just want a cuter and way younger version of you.” she chuckled.

“Fine! As long as I’m still your number 1.”

“Of course!” she ruffled his hair then a deep threatening voice interrupted them. “EHEM!!!”

The head of the household suddenly walked to the table and sat on one end. His mother followed on the other end and lowered my brother on a chair near her while Sehun tugged me. I sat in between Sungmin and Sehun then dinner started.

His mom kept feeding my brother and I could’ve sworn he gained a few pounds from eating anything his small mouth can accommodate. “Sungmin-ah, slow down…” I whispered.

“Noona, I can’t! It’s really good!” he beamed while wiggling his dangling feet.

“It’s okay, Sunmi. He needs to eat a lot at his age.” Sehun’s mom then ruffled the little boy’s hair.

I wavered and smiled to her. ‘Why do I get the feeling that Sungmin is gonna be spoiled after all this?’

Sehun never released my hand from under the table and would squeeze it every time his dad kept staring at me. He has that questioning look and I knew he has a lot in his mind. I can tell that he’s been holding back but a particular subject escaped his mouth.

He placed his utensils down and clasped his hands on the table. “Where are your parents and what do they do?”

“Ermm… Dad…” Sehun spoke and he interrupted him. “I’m not talking to you!” his voice was stern.

Sungmin’s head moved from side to side while looking confused so Sehun’s mom patted his head. “Abeoji just wants to know something…” she smiled to him then glared at her husband. “Yeobo? Let’s just eat, okay?” she gritted her teeth.

We continued having dinner awkwardly except for Sehun’s mom and my brother who were having fun at each other’s company. After my brother committed gluttony, he was sent to the game room while I get grilled. I was just thankful that Sehun and his mom were there to keep my sanity intact after his father tortured me emotionally and mentally. I already accepted the fact that he will never like me given my background plus he thinks that I’m just milking his son’s very fat bank account.

He left the table with his cold and thoughtless self and Sehun instantly pulled me in his lap while his dorky yet loving mother transferred to the chair where I sat. “Don’t mind his dad. That’s really how he is. I’d go crazy if he becomes sweet and mushy towards you.” she giggled.

“I’m okay! I guess my system got used to it already.” I smiled to her.

She then took my hand and clasped them together with hers. “Thank you for everything that you did to my son. You filled the emptiness in his heart where I failed as a mother. I’ll forever be grateful to you. Komawo Sunmi!”

Her warm words hit me through and through. It’s one of those instances that I feel appreciated and loved making my body warm and light. She was indeed like my mom, an angel both inside and out. “Don’t mention it, eomeoni. I’ll do everything for Sehun.” and she hugged us.

“Take care of each other, okay? I love you both!”

“We love you too, mom!” Sehun slightly moved to kiss her cheek.

“I’ll leave you two so I can play with my new son.” she snickered and hurriedly left us.

“UMMAAAA!!!” Sehun protested.

I shook my head then he tightened his clutch around me. “Kiss me babe!” he puckered his lips and I gave him one.

“Don’t worry about my dad. That’s normal for him to be like that.” he continued.

“I understand…” I smiled and scooted to his chest.

"Do you love me?" he asked while running his fingers through my hair.

"Of course! More than you do!" I softly pinched his nose.

"No ing way coz I love you more!" he objected.

"NO! I love you mo..." my voice became muffled when he suddenly covered my mouth. "HA! HA! I guess I'm the winner now! Mehrong~" he stuck his tongue out.