The Unicorn and The Panda

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

After passing out and spending what seemed like countless hours in a black spinning dimension, I came back to reality. The soft mattress worked wonders in keeping me asleep while the sheets were warm enough to embrace my cold body. My eyes squinted to a blurry environment but a slamming pain exploded in my head. “AAHHH!!!” I curled to my side and I pressed the heels of my palms on my temple. ‘I will never ever drink again! OWW!!!’ my lips curled.

I raised my knees closer to my chest then I realized something’s not right. The smell of the room definitely belongs to a guy. ‘That scent!’ I slowly patted my body to feel the neatly pressed fabric wrapping me and my fingers ran through some buttons. ‘This is definitely not mine!’ My eyes shot wide open when I felt my bare thighs. ‘Where are my pants?’ I pulled the blanket over my head and my vision never failed me this time. I’m in a guy’s long sleeve white shirt and just a pair of underwear. ‘Holy mother of God! These aren’t mine as well!’

I pushed down the blanket to my neck and gasped. ‘OH.MY.GOSH! This is definitely not my room! Eotteokke!’ I panicked. This has officially become the third time I feared for my life. ‘Ani! It’s actually too late for that! I think I was just abducted and without effort! Ummaaaaaa!!!’ I sulked.

“Ni hao!” says a smooth manly voice.

‘Wait… I heard that one before. I think LuLu and Kris said that to me once... Right! It’s Chinese!’ My eyes moved from left to right then I saw a sitting figure smiling down at me. I gotta say, he’s really handsome. Those eyes, nose, lips and damn he has an adorable dimple. God just made another perfect being who will never be mistaken as a or kidnapper. The words however sunk deep into my hangover infested brain.

I instantly grabbed the blanket and pushed my legs against the bed while backing away to the headboard. “Please don’t hurt me!”

“A-Ani…yo!” he stuttered while frantically waving his hands.

“You speak Korean?” I stammered.

“Just a little bit…” he scratched his nape and smiled shyly revealing how deep his dimple is. He indeed speaks my language with minor slurs, but it’s decent enough for a conversation.

“W-What happened? W-Where am I?” I started looking around.

“You were so wasted last night… You fell off your chair but I caught you and…” he sighed.

“And?” I lowered the protective blanket.

“You vomited…” he facepalmed.

My hands instantly covered my gaping mouth with wide eyes staring at him. “Omo! I’m sorry… I’m really sorry!” I mumbled.

“It’s okay… I didn’t have any of your information so I took you home instead.”

I rubbed my forehead in hopes to recover some distorted memories but nothing came. “Ermmm… Can you explain how I ended up with these?” I pointed my buttoned up shirt.

“I asked the eomeoni next door to clean you up and since I don’t have any girl clothes here, I let you wear one of mine… Don’t worry I didn’t do anything to you. The last time I touched you was when I carried you here and I slept on the couch downstairs…” he raised both hands.

I blew out a huge air and lowered my hand. ‘He seem really nice! We might get along just fine!’ I dropped my head to hide the smile on my face.

The bedroom door suddenly swung open. “Yixing, are you here?” he stopped in front of the bed and was shocked to see me.

“TAO!!!” I forgot about my killer headache when I swiftly got out of the sheets and jumped on him. He crossed his toned arms on my back as I wrapped my legs around his waist. “Su-Sunmi? You’re the girl that he brought home? I thought…”

“Long story… I’m so glad to see you!” I hugged him while Lay remained dumbfounded watching us.

“Me too!”

He lowered me down and cupped my face. “You okay? Why did you drink so much? Any problem? Does Kris hyung know where you are?”

“Woah… Easy with the questions… Long story remember?” I pouted. “Wait… you two know each other?” I pointed at Lay.

“Neh! He’s a very good friend of mine…” he eyed him and leaned to my ear. “Don’t worry he’s harmless!”

“Okay! I trust you Kung Fu Panda!” I ruffled his hair. “What are you doing here?” I added.

“We came here for a vacation. In fact, we just arrived yesterday morning and that guy over there called me last night panicking about some crazy girl passing out in his arms.” he nodded to Lay.

“Miahn!” I grinned.

“Yah! Don’t you ever drink again, araseo?” he pointed a finger to my face with his signature stare.

“You were just lucky that it was Yixing who brought you home! Aish!” he pressed his finger on my forehead.

“ARA!!!” I frowned.

“Now let’s go downstairs… I brought lunch. I’m pretty sure you’re starving already!” he tugged me out of the room trailed by Lay. “Sweeettt!” I beamed. ‘It’s lunch already? Oh ! Everyone’s gonna throw a fit later! Whatever!' I shrugged.

------------

Sunmi was busy eating on the dining room when Tao pulled Lay to the kitchen. “Bro! I really don’t know why she went on a drinking spree but I warn you, you better behave while we’re here for she has a boyfriend already. You can look but you can’t touch!” he warned.

“Excuse me? You’re talking to the wrong person. I maybe a playboy but I treat my girls with tender, love and care…” he clucked his tongue.

“YAH!!!” Tao sneered.

“I got it! Geez!” he patted his shoulder. "Are you really that close? The way she hugs you and acts around you is so different." he asked while keeping an eye on the table.

"That's really how Sunmi is. She's playful and touchy when she feels comfortable with you. We all got used to it already!"

"Ahhh..." Lay's lips curled upwards.

"Yah! I know that look!" he pointed at his face. 

"What? Relax bro!" and they walked back to the table and continued eating.

----------

“I think we started off on the wrong foot…” I cleared my throat and reached out a hand. “Hi! I’m Oh Sunmi!”

He shook my hand and smiled. “I’m Zhang Yixing. You can also call me Lay, either will do. Nice to meet you, Sunmi!”

“Nice to meet you, Lay oppa!” I smiled.

“He’s a certified playboy too!” Tao snorted and I instantly hugged myself. “J-Jeungmal?”

“Tch! Don’t worry those are brand new lingerie. I bought those on our way home last night.” he smiled shyly.

“Oh!” I dropped my hands and continued eating.

I totally forgot about my worries having Tao and Lay with me. It’s as if a new chapter of my life is about to begin. If only I could run away with them in China, I would. If only I could wipe away all my pain with their charming smiles, I would. ‘Can I be with them instead?’ I thought while watching them eat.

“We’ll take you home after this, okay?” Tao tickled my side.

“Ermmm…” my eyes moved from side to side. “Can I stay here for a bit? I’m still sleepy and this hangover big time!” I faked a smile.

They looked at each other and Lay placed a palm on my head. “Sure! You can stay here as long as you like!”

“Komawo oppa!” Tao sighed and shook his head.

After we ate, Tao walked me back to Lay’s room and sat on the bed while I laid down. I told him everything that has happened and why I ended up getting drunk. “Aigooo Sunmi! I’m sorry if you have to go through all that! Just be strong and everything’s gonna be okay. We’re all here for you!” he patted my tummy over the blanket.

"I know..." I smiled and tilted my head to the side as I examine his face. “It’s great seeing you again, Baby Tao!”

“Me too…” he stood and kissed my forehead. “Now to go to sleep… You’ll need that for your hangover.”

“Neehhh~” I pulled the blanket up to my neck and hugged a pillow on my side.

-----------

'I’m sorry, Sunmi! I hope you forgive me for doing this.' he took his phone while walking out of the room.

EXO didn’t attend class the following day and only stayed at Sunmi’s house. They just finished eating lunch and were gathered at the living room when Kris’ phone rang. “Huh? It’s my brother!” he tapped the screen. “Sup bro? How’s mom and dad?” he greeted and they talked in Chinese.

“Gege! They’re great! I’m in Seoul right now!”

“Mwoh? But why? Something wrong?” he stood and paced while the boys watched him and Luhan translated every word that Kris says. “I was supposed to surprise you but I don’t think this is not the time for that!” Tao told him.

“Woah! Hold up! What did you say?” he pinched his eyebrows. “I know where you can find the person you’re all worried about!”

“Mwoh? You mean Sunmi? Where? How is she?” and the rest of them stood upon hearing her name. “She’s with me! Don’t worry, she’s fine! Just got a nasty hangover!”

“She what? Oh God, Sunmi!” he looked up and took a deep breath. “Hyung! Wae? Wae?” Sehun shook him. Kris drew the phone away and covered the mouthpiece. “She’s with Tao after getting wasted out of her wits last night!”

“Goddamnit Sunmi!” Sehun sat back and covered his face while Kris talked to Tao again. “Di, I’ll see you in a bit. We’ll go get her!”

“Okay...” and they hang up.