Magic Man

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Sehun and Sunmi came running through the door of their house hand in hand where the boys waited. “Hyung! What happened?” he asked DO.

“I dunno… But when I came to fetch him at school, he was not in our usual meeting place so I looked for him in the whole campus. I also asked his playmates and they said that he left right after they got dismissed!” he worried.

“Oh my God babe! What if someone took Sungmin? What if it’s the person who sent the threat? No! Not my brother!” Sunmi dropped on the couch and covered her face.

“Baby, calm down!” he kneeled and hugged her. “We’re gonna find him, a’right?”

“I see that you two are back together now. I’m happy for you guys!” Chanyeol patted Sehun’s shoulder.

“Komawo! But we have to find Sungmin first before we can celebrate…” he looked up to him.

Kris then sat beside Sunmi and rubbed her back. “Don’t worry… We’ll do everything to find dongsaeng… Sehun-ah, you two go to the police station and tell them what happened…” he then faced the guys. “Let’s go! We gotta find Sungmin as soon as possible!”

“Neh!” they replied.

Sehun helped Sunmi up and left the house as well. He drove on the high way with her crying on his side. “Please don’t let anything happen to my brother… Jebal!”

“Sunmi-ah, you gotta stay strong and be positive. I know everything’s hard for you right now but crying won’t help…” he squeezed her hand while the other is on the wheel.

“I just hope he’s not in danger or hurt…” she sniffed.

“Nah… I don’t think that’s possible. He’s a strong boy and no one would dare hurt a child.” he kissed her hand and continued driving.

----------

It’s already deep in the night and most buildings are already closed. Sky is dark and cloudless, filled with twinkling stars. The night air hung with scents of street vendors, restaurants, and chimneys. A cool breeze can sneak into your skin even in the comforts of a thick jacket. Streets are crowded with trash and stray cats while few buildings sparkled.

A young chubby boy sat on a pavement in front of a lavish building. He hugged his Stitch backpack and rested his chin on top of it. Strangers passed by with a few stares on the side. Most of them ignored him but there a few who approached him. “Hey there little guy?” says a woman who stooped to him. “Are you lost? Where’s umma and appa?”

“A-Aniyo… I’m just waiting for someone…” he shook his head.

“Are you gonna be okay here all by yourself if I leave you?” she patted his head.

“Neehhhh…” his voice trembled and she left. Being out in the darkness as an innocent boy triggers fear. He gasps at every sudden movement and snaps his head up to look around. Fidgeting with the straps of his backpack distracted him. He had to stay calm and composed for he has a promise to keep.

“Sungmin?” a voice approached him.

He raised his head and his eyes widened at an old friend.

“Hyung!” he sprinted towards him and Changmin carried him up. “What are you doing here? Huh? Don’t you know it’s dangerous for a boy like you to be out late at night?”

“I’m waiting for you!” he suddenly cried.

“Waeyo? Why were waiting for me? Ssshhh…” he wiped his tears.

“So you can take me to the magic man. Remember when we went to the arcade, then we watched a magic show?” and Changmin nodded. “I want to see him again so he can do magic and make Sunmi noona and Sehun hyung be together again.” he pouted with lips quivering.

Changmin was taken aback. He was once a kid but it never crossed his young mind doing such a thing for the people he loved. “Sungmin-ah, you’re such a sweet and caring brother and all of us, including noona is extremely proud of what you did.” he fixed his messy hair. “But I want you to know that magic man can only do tricks to material things like turning a flower into a bird or pulling a rabbit out of a hat.”

Sungmin placed his chin on his shoulder while Changmin walked back to his car. “The magic that Sunmi noona and Sehun hyung needs, should come from them. It’s called the magic of love. Do you understand me?”

“Neh…” he sniffed. “I just want to see noona happy and no longer cry.”

“She will be happy again, that’s for sure! They’re just facing some misunderstanding but they will be okay…” he propped him when he started slipping. “Aigooo~ I should take you home already. Noona should be crying by now.”

He lowered him into the front seat and buckled his seatbelt. “Hyung… Can we buy food first? I’m hungry!” his tummy grumbled and rubbed it. “Miahn…” he chuckled.

“Of course! We’ll go to my favorite restaurant and eat pasta, pizza and???” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Ice cream!!!” Sungmin answered and clapped his hands.

“Gaja!” Changmin closed the door and ran around to the driver seat. He called Sunmi while they ate and told her that her brother has been found and why he left after school.

After the late dinner, they went home straight. Changmin towed the boy in and met EXO and Sunmi by the door. “Noona!” he ran while she kneeled with open arms. “Don’t you ever do that again? Araseo? I thought someone took you and hurt you... I was so scared, don’t you know that? Aish!” she cried and embraced him while the boys went to Changmin.

“Miahnae! I won’t do it again, promise!” he pulled away and kissed her nose. “I’m really sorry, Sunmi noona!”

“It’s okay… You’re here now and that’s all I need.” she sniffed then her brother left after seeing DO. “Hyung! Miahnaeyo!” and he carried him.

“Yah! If you decide to run away, wait for me so I can take you anywhere you like! Not make me worry so much!” he poked his forehead.

“Sorry…” he pouted and draped his arms on DO’s back.

“Whatever! No ice cream for one week!” he sneered.

“But hyung?” he pouted.

“No but’s and that’s final!” he walked up the stairs to his room being trailed by Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Sunmi approached Changmin and hugged him. “Komawo oppa!”

“Don’t mention it. We were just lucky to find him.”

“How did you find him anyway?” she pulled away.

“Well, my parents own that department store and I go their every night to buy some stuff after it closes. It just so happens that tonight is one of those nights.” he scratched his nape.

“Ahhh… Thank you still!”

“Are you and Sehun okay now?”

“Yes we are, hyung!” he hugged her from behind and grinned.

“That’s great… I’m happy for you both!” he tapped their shoulders.

All of them left after DO tucked Sungmin to bed. “Ahhhh~ Peace at last!” Sehun slammed the main door and pulled Sunmi. “Now… Where were we again? “ he raised an eyebrow while looking up. “Something about kissing you until you’re gone dry?” he flicked his finger. “Right!”

“Sehun-ah? I don’t like that look on your face…” she shook her head.

“So? I’m not asking for your opinion anyway.” he snickered and swiftly picked her up by holding her thighs. She wrapped her legs around him while kissing up to her room. “I have a feeling this will be the best make out session ever!” he smiled.

“We’ll see…” she nibbled his lips.