Delaying Tactics

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Sehun was forced by his father into his first official meeting with Jiyeon’s parents. It was held in an exclusive restaurant atop a high rise hotel. They wore their usual black coat and tie while the ladies are garbed in formal cocktail dresses.

“Sehun-ah, I expect you to be in your most modest behavior. Understand?” his dad stood tall inside the elevator. He was however bobbing his head to the beat of the music in his Ipod. “Every, every, everyday naega mandeun history…” he hummed.

His dad turned and pulled the earphones away. “I said! Behave in front of Congressman Park! ARASEO?” he growled. “Sweetheart…” his wife rubbed his arm.

“Whatever!” he snatch it and plugged it back to his ears.

Sehun’s parents walked ahead after they stepped out while he trailed with hands in his pocket. They approached a table near a tall window where the Park’s were already waiting.

“Sorry we’re late. My son apparently takes too long to fix himself.” his dad chuckled.

“It’s okay abeoji! We didn’t wait that long!” Jiyeon waved frantically.

‘Tch! Only Sunmi can call him that. Not you, filthy !’ Sehun’s lips curled in irritation.

“Have a sit, my friend!” her dad gestured to the empty seats across them.

Sehun dragged his chair and lazily slouched. He fiddled with his Ipod while humming a random tune.

“Ehem! Sehun-ah?” Congressman Park called and he pretended not to hear.

His dad rubbed his eyebrows while his mom reached out into his hand and gently squeezed it. “Sweetie…” she smiled.

‘I’m just putting up with this coz of her, not any of you!’ he heaved a deep breath and removed his earphones. “Yes mom?” he faced her.

“Jiyeon’s father wants to talk to you…” she fixed his fringe and he stared at him. “What?” he sneered.

“Yah! Oh Sehun! You can’t talk like that to my dad!” Jiyeon scolded him with aegyo.

‘Yuck!’ he squirmed. “Who are you to tell me what to do? I don’t even know you!” he smirked.

“Guys stop that! We’re here to discuss your wedding and not for you to argue… Aish! These kids!” her dad clucked his tongue.

“Wedding? Yeah right! You guys are delusional!” he remarked.

Jiyeon’s parents gasped while her face fell. She turned red in an instant as if the word struck a nerve and boiled her blood. Her eyes formed into slits while her hands trembled under the table. “Are you accusing me of being delusional?” she stood and her mom held her wrist. “Whether you like it or not, WE ARE getting married!” she snapped. Jiyeon was so mad that she was like a bull with smoke escaping her nostrils.

“Jiyeonnie? Calm down, sweetie. Mommy and daddy will take care of it!” Mrs. Park her hair after she sat.

Sehun replied with a grave stare. The kind that can pierce through a person’s soul and shed them into bits.

“Keep dreaming, girl!” he plugged his earphones back and leaned his head on the back rest for a nap.

“I’m sorry about our son, Mr. and Mrs. Park. The announcement was too unexpected for him and he loves his girlfriend dearly so he’s still having a hard time dealing with the whole situation. I sincerely apologize!” his mom bowed.

“Apology accepted! Just make sure he won’t humiliate our daughter in public.” Jiyeon’s dad warned.

“It won’t happen, chingu!” Sehun’s dad bowed as well.

‘Wonder why mom and dad are so tamed by this whacked politician. What’s so great about him that even my dad bows to him?’ he thought. ‘ this !’ he curled to his side and drifted to sleep.

Sehun snored while the rest of them ate and conversed. “Let’s do the wedding three months from now!” Mr. Park announced.

“I’m sorry, my friend. We’ll have to set it later than that…” Sehun’s dad has been planning to delay the wedding as much as possible until he gets the merge with Zhang Corporation therefore no marriage will happen.

“Why so?” he asked.

“I’m travelling to America next week and will be staying there for six months.” he explained. ‘Please take it… Take it! Damn it!’ he clenched his fist under the table.

“Okay! Let’s do it after you come back then.” Jiyeon’s dad wiped his mouth with a table napkin.

‘Yes! Now I’ll just have to get that merge in due time…’ he blew out an air and faced his friend. “Kamsahamnida!” he bowed.

Sehun woke and stretched his stiff muscles. “Aigooo~” he yawned.

His mom reached out for his arm and pulled it down. “Sehun-ah…”

“Ooops! Miahnae umma!” he grinned and faced the Parks who were stunned at him. “I suppose you’re done planning the circus…” he pushed his chair and stood. “I’ll take my leave then!” he waved to them and kissed her mom’s head. “Bye mom! Bye dad!” he smiled to him and skipped to the elevator.