Drifting Apart

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Sunmi and Sehun barely sees each other now. Being in the club right after her classes ate almost all of her time while he got caught with Jiyeon preparing for their fake wedding. The boys never noticed it not until when they were having a get together dinner in a restaurant and the two were missing.

“Where’s Sunmi and Sehun?” Luhan wondered.

“She’s working... while he’s with Queen !” DO blurted after taking a bite.

“Wait! Hold up! What do you mean working?” Kris stopped eating and their confused eyes went straight to him.

“You don’t know? Sunmi works again for Teddy hyung!” he continued eating.

“MWOH???” they chorused. “Why didn’t you tell us?” Suho smacked the back of his head.

“OW!” he rubbed the throbbing spot. “I thought she told you! Aish!”

“Since when did she start?” Kai sneered.

DO placed his chopsticks on the side and crossed his arms on the table. “Since last week…” he grinned.

“MWOH??? YAAHHH!!!” they scolded him. “Look! I really thought you knew. I’m sorry a’right?! It was an honest mistake!” he shrugged.

“How did you know?” Baekhyun interrogated.

“Duuhhh!!! I’m like Sungmin’s brother, tutor, chauffer, even his mother. Of course I know everything about them! Tch!” he explained.

“No wonder why I haven’t seen her around that much anymore…” Chanyeol pouted.

Suho then tapped his fork on the wine glass. “Let’s finish up! We’re going to the club!” he announced. EXO continued eating with random conversations on the side and left after they finished.

-----------

I was helping my brother with his homework while waiting for the club to open. We were on the floor surrounded by papers, crayons, pencils and a whole lot of school materials. He laid on his stomach while I sat crossed leg as I watch him get busy. “Sungmin-ah, make sure you won’t go over the line when applying colors to the drawing.”

“Neehhh~ ” he retorted.

He gripped the crayon on his hand and slowly but surely it on the white paper. His head moved from side to side trying to check his art project while his feet moved up and down alternately. “Noona, what do you think?” he raised the finish product.

“Hmmm…” I rubbed my chin. “I think it needs more color!” and he looked at it again. “I think so too!” He dropped it down and I handed him some crayons. “Here!”

I joined him in adding some final touches on his project when the boys came. “Sunmi-ah, why don’t you let Kyungsoo hyung do his job!” Kai placed his hands on my hips and pulled me up.

“Ehh? Aniya! I can do it!” I waved my hands to him but DO already took my spot. “Not anymore!” he grinned.

“Fine!” I sat on the couch instead and hugged a cushion while crossing my legs on the table. “What are you doing here anyway?” I added.

“Excuse me? Wae? Aren’t we allowed here anymore?" Baekhyun sat beside me while the rest of them scattered around us.

“I’m just asking! Geez!” my head slid down to Luhan’s shoulder after sitting on the other side of me.

“We miss you, Sunmi!” he kissed my head.

“Me too!” I tossed the cushion and hugged his arm. “Where’s Sehun?

They looked at each other and fell silent but Luhan pressed his cheek on my head. “Do you miss him?”

“That’s a stupid question. Of course! But what can I do, I’m the “ex-girlfriend” remember?” I wiggled my fingers.

Chanyeol moved from Teddy’s desk to the table in front of me and sat. “Yah! Can you like stop referring yourself as that? You didn’t break up for God sake!” he poked my forehead.

“He’s arranged to be married which is unfortunately not with me. So technically, I’m out of the picture... I’m just being honest!” I opened my palms up.

“You’re stubborn as always, Sunmi!” he ruffled my hair.

“Yeollie! Stop it! Aish!” I slapped his hand.

“What if I don’t?” he showed an evil grin and suddenly sat on my lap. “YAH! Get off me! You’re heavy!” I pushed him but Sungmin left his homework and sat on his lap as well. Luhan kept an arm around my neck while pushing Chanyeol for me.

“Kris! Help me! AAHHHH!” but I was ignored. “Take it as exercise, Sunmi!”

“Exercise my ! Yah! I ain’t giving you free drinks later!” I groaned.

“It’s okay. We don’t crave alcohol anyway!” Kai smirked.

“YEOLLIE! GET OFF ME!!!” I yelled but he pressed his harder and my brother kept wiggling his legs.

“Easy there, dongsaeng! You’re crushing noona!” Luhan laughed and Teddy came in. “The show has just started… Enough playing!” He yanked Sungmin by the waist and carried him with one hand while clipping Chanyeol’s ear with the other. “Apa! Apa! Hyung!”

I stood after he left and fixed my jeans. “Bleh!” I stuck my tongue out to him and pulled Luhan. “Let’s go LuLu baby. You’re my date tonight!” we walked towards the door.

“What about me?” Kris raised his hand. “And me?” Baekhyun added.

“Who are you guys again? I’m sorry… I suddenly got amnesia when a set of heavy bums tried crushing my thighs! Byeeee~” I sang while Luhan laughed louder. “MWAHAHA!!!”

“Yah! Oh Sunmi!” Kai scowled and they all followed us.

I expected the night to be busy since it’s a Friday but never had I thought it would be THAT busy. People came in groups and the whole place was literally packed. The dance floor, the VIP area, even the bar where the boys occupied all the stools, there’s no enough space to move. Luhan and I were more than pleased to stay behind the counter as we’re able to run around when orders came pouring down.

“Here you go!” I handed three bottles of beer to a guy who squeezed in between Kai and Kris. “Thanks Ms. Beautiful!” he winked and I nodded.

“Tch! Playah!” Kai scoffed after the guy left and I shook my head. ‘Such a troublemaker…’

It’s been months already since I last worked so I was having a hard time adjusting to the fast paced environment all over again. I easily get tired especially when my calves started to stiffen and my stomach grumble.

“Sunmi-ah! Luhannie! Why don’t you guys take a break? We’ll take over for you!” Suho suggested then Baekhyun and Chanyeol hopped off their stools to replace us. “Cool!” Luhan beamed and took Baekhyun’s seat while I went out to the back of the club.

I sat on the pavement with hands planted behind me for support as I watched the stars. “Uwaaaa~ Nomu Yeppeoda!”

“And so are you, Sunmi…” I turned and saw Kris looking down at me.

He's holding two plates of triple deck club sandwiches with bottled water tucked under his arm. “I know you’re hungry already."

He sat crossed leg beside me and I took the plates off him. “Nah uh! I’ll feed you instead. Your hands are dirty.”

“Whatever! As long as I can eat!” I my lips staring at the plates.

“Araseo! Araseo!” he hurriedly pinched one sandwich and raised it towards me. “Say ahhh~”

I took a huge bite that filled my mouth in an instant. “Woah! Leave some for me!” he stared at the half eaten bread.

“What do you mean leave some? I’m so hungry that those two won’t even be enough!” I pointed with my lips.

“Mwoh? Shireo!” he took a bite as well.

“Mmmmm…. This is so good! I want some more, please?” I grinned after swallowing and Kris continued feeding me while watching the stars.

I can however feel the heat of his stare on my side. It was seeping through my cold cheeks and lingers on my veins. “You know what? I’d rather have you talk in Chinese than stare at me. It’s super awkward, Kris!”

“Oh! Miahnae! Ermmm… Are you okay? I mean, really okay?” he added.

“I’m not… But Sehun gives me strength even though he’s not with me all the time…” I sighed and looked down.

Kris lowered the plates on the ground and moved closer to me. “Aigooo~ My princess is sad once again. What could this charming prince do to make you feel better? Hmmm?” he my hair.

“How ‘bout some “Roll like a buffalo” rap? Y’know? Show me what you got brotha! Spit ‘em rhymes! C’mon!” I jerked my shoulders while swaying to a rapping beat and bobbing my head. “Yeeaahhh~”

“You’re crazy Sunmi!” he pinched my nose and stood to pull me up by the wrist. “Let’s get in before I show my y side and you might just forget about Sehun!” he chuckled.

“Excuse you!!!” I rolled my eyes.