Uncertain

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Sunmi and Taemin broke apart upon reaching the main hallway. He went back to Shinee’s game room while she sprinted to the library. She immediately stopped after reaching the entrance and hurriedly walked to a corner where she usually meets with some of the boys for tutoring.

“Yah!” she slammed a book on the table. “Can’t you at least say, Please?” she hissed.

Kai grabbed her wrist and pulled her down. “Sit down! You’re disturbing other students!”

“Now what?” she crossed one leg over the other and leaned on the back rest.

“Help me with that!” he tossed his notebook on the table.

“Shireo!” she crossed her arms.

“Please?” he grinned.

“Good! It’s about time you use that word!” she took his notebook and read the contents. Her eyes move from side to side understanding every word and glared at him. “Seriously Jongin? Human Anatomy?”

“What about it?” he shrugged.

“You made me run as if you’re dying and then this? You want me to draw the human male reproductive system then label each part?” she tossed his notebook back that landed on his stomach. “OW! Kekeke~” he snickered.

Kai snorted and moved his chair beside her. “I at drawing and I thought you can do it for me instead.” he slipped a clean white paper on the table. “Please?” he pressed both palms together.

“Lucky me! I can’t draw as well. Whoopie!” she smiled.

“Yah! So you’re just gonna let me fail my subject?” he pouted.

“Dude, you can’t lay a guilt trip on me. That won’t work!” she patted his shoulder.

“Sunmi-ah… Eotteoke!” his lips curled downwards.

“Why don’t you let the guys do it? I’m pretty sure at least one of them can draw and once they’re done, I can do the labeling even if it’s against my will.” she rolled her eyes.

“YESSS!” he raised both fists in the air and looked up.

“Whatever! Now are we done here?” she questioned.

Kai grinned and slipped another notebook. “Not yet. I have another problem!”

She hesitantly took it and read the contents while raising an eyebrow. “Now this, I can handle!” she blew out an air.

“Of course, you can! Tch! EXO’s tutor is jjang!” he raised a thumb.

Sunmi wrote on his notebook and gave him techniques in solving Calculus equations. Kai however wasn’t paying attention to her. He had his chin resting on his palms and smiling at her like an idiot. ‘Aigooo~ I think I’m just falling deeper in love with you Sunmi… After all this time, you just keep on sweeping me off my feet. Haaaaa~’

He shook his head. ‘Andwae! I can’t let it happen! Stop it Jongin!’

“Yah! Are you even listening to me?” she wiped the grin off his face with her palms.

“Yuck Sunmi! Your hand is filthy! God knows what you’ve touched for the past hours!” he shoved it.

“Mwoh? This is cleaner than your erted mind!” she pressed his cheeks together with both hands. “Pwahaha! You look like a duck!” she laughed.

“Aaaahhh… Jinjaaa???” he swiftly placed an arm around her neck and pulled her towards his armpit. “What did you say?”

“Jongin, let go of me! AAHHH!!!” she squirmed and flailed her hands to his chest.

Sunmi pushed hard that she slipped off her chair. She waited to crash on the floor but Kai caught her just in time.

----------

Sehun was walking with DO to the parking lot when his phone buzzed.

Oppa, I’m at the library. Can you come over for a bit? I need you to help me carry some books. Please? – Jiyeon

“Who is it?” DO asked.

“Queen … You go ahead bro! I’ll just go and get over with it!” he sighed.

“Good luck man!” he patted his shoulder.

Sehun turned and went straight to the library. He met Jiyeon in the entrance and took layers of books off her hands. “Komawo oppa!” she smiled.

“Riigghhttt!” he started walking ahead.

“Oppa! Aren’t you gonna see Sunmi?” he stopped and faced her. “She’s here with Kai oppa, I think!” she pointed inwards.

His heart and mind says no but his feet moved unknowingly. It’s as if a rod is reeling him in and at the other end of it is Jiyeon. He lowered the books on a table and hid behind a bookshelf. They watched Sunmi tutor Kai which turned to goofing around.

“See? I told you, didn’t I?” Jiyeon whispered.

“Yeah right… They do that all time…” he smirked and turned to leave.

“What about that?” she blurted and Sehun’s face fell upon seeing Kai staring deep into Sunmi after catching her.

Kai has that same look when he himself stares at Sunmi. It was filled with love and tenderness. He always thought he was the only one who can show it to her but apparently not. The seed of doubt that has long been planted in his mind is starting to blossom and Jiyeon is about to enjoy its fruit.

Sehun walked away with clenched fist and eyes piercing through the ground. “Oppa! Wait for me!” she ran after him and cling on his arm.

“Don’t touch me!” he pushed her and she fell on the floor.

“Can you take me home?” she asked.

“You got here on your own so you leave on your own! MORON!!!” he hissed and continued walking.

‘You’re gonna come begging to me one day, Oh Sehun!’ she stood and dusted herself.

----------

After my classes ended, I went to see Teddy with Sungmin. “Aigooo~ How are my babies!” he hugged us.

“I’m great, hyung! I don’t know about noona though…” he looked up to me and uncle bent to him. “Sungmin-ah, why don’t you watch cartoons first. Noona and I will just talk.”

“Okay!” he skipped to the couches and turned the TV on.

I sat on one of the lounge chairs while Teddy leaned against his desk. “I heard about Sehun’s engagement. How are you holding up?”

“I’m okay! Life goes on as they say it!” I faked a smile.

“Kyungsoo told me about the threat as well. Do you want to move into my place? It’ll be safer for you and Sungmin there. Plus, I can watch over you!” he said.

“No need oppa! We can manage… But if it happens again, I’ll definitely go to you.”  I fidgeted with my fingers.

“Fine! Come here!” he stretched his arms out and I hugged him. “I always tell you to be strong and keep on fighting, right?” and I nodded. “Good! Remember also that Uncle Teddy and Jiyong oppa will always be here! We are family and we stick together. Araseo?” he rubbed my back.

“Neh!” I smiled under his jacket and raised my head. “Oppa… Can I work here again?”

He tilted his head to examine my expression. “Are you serious? Why all of a sudden?”

“Just to keep myself busy. It’s for free, of course! Just think of it as extra hand on deck. Please?” I smiled.

“Okay… But make sure it won’t affect your studies.” he pointed a finger.

“I promise!” I raised my right hand.