Aftershock

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Sehun stormed into his parent’s room still in his suit. His jacket has been ed while his bow tie dangled around his neck. He stood in front of their huge bed while his mother rushed to him. “Sehun-ah, calm down…” she pushed his shoulder.

“No mom! After all that has happened, do you still expect me to relax as if it was nothing?” he gritted his teeth and faced his dad who was sitting upright while reading a book. “Dad! How can you do this to me? I’ve always been a good son to you. I never did anything to put shame on this family. Then this is what I get?” he yelled.

His dad slowly closed the book and stared at him with his poker face. “I know that, Sehun! That’s why I’m confident that you won’t fail me in this one!” he said with grave eyes.

Sehun raised his hands and placed it on his hips while pacing. “For God sake, dad! Please not this! I love Sunmi so much and I can’t let her go!

“Well… You can love her all you want and marry Congressman Park’s daughter at the same time.” he suggested.

“What? Are you out of your mind?” he gestured his hand on him and his mom lowered it. “Sehun-ah, watch your language! He’s still you’re father.” she whispered and he rolled his eyes.

“Look son! The question of whether you and Jiyeon are in love is not a priority; what’s important is that the marriage is stable with staying power. It's good for business!” his dad set the book on the bed side table and crossed his arms.

“Then that makes you one greedy bastard!” he pointed a finger to his face. “I’m sorry to say this but I’ve never been ashamed to be your son until now! You make me sick!” he yelled and his mom dropped on the bed while covering .

His dad rushed up to him and grabbed his collar. “How dare you talk to me like that? You just don’t know what I have to go through so you can enjoy all that you have right now. You ungrateful piece of !” he hissed.

“I didn’t ask for any of it! In fact, you can take it all away! I don’t ing care and I’m gonna show you how ty I can be!” he shoved him and slammed the door.

His dad dropped on the bed beside her mom and covered his face. “I don’t think I can bear this any longer, hun! It might just kill me one day…” he murmured.

“Sweetheart, why don’t you tell Sehun everything? In that way, he will understand why you had to do it and you’ll never know, he might be able to help you. He’s a smart boy just like you!” she hugged him.

“I don’t want to burden him with more problems. He has so much weight on his shoulder already… I’ll just figure this out before the wedding and I’ll make sure he won’t end up with Jiyeon.” he sighed.

“You’re not alone, yeobo! I’m here! We’re in this together!” she rubbed her back.

----------

News of Sehun’s engagement spread like wildfire. His photo with Jiyeon taken at the party were plastered in local tabloids and flashed on TV during newscasts. Reporters swarmed SMU’s main gate waiting to catch a glimpse of the fake couple while my friends did everything to protect me.

My life suddenly took a 360 turn after just one night. What was once a peaceful and private life has now become chaotic. People stared at me, called me names, even threw dirt at me. I’m like a germ under the microscope. Every move I make was noticed. Every word I say was heard.

I was reading a newspaper on my fave spot on the stairs while waiting for my next class. “Oh Sunmi: Gold Digger and Playgirl.” says the title and I laughed reading the article. “Aigooo~ This should be in the comics section. Tch!” I crumpled the whole sheet and tossed it in a trashcan.

“Nice shot!” a voice came from behind.

I turned and saw not just one but two handsome guys who were casually walking towards me with their shades on. “Oppa!” I smiled and rested my chin back on my knees.

Donghae and Eunhyuk sat on each side of me and watched the students across us. “Why so serious, Sunmi?” asks the black haired one.

“No, I’m not! I just don’t have anything to say…” I grinned and glanced at them. “What’s with the sunnies?” I pointed their eyes.

“Ahh… Those camera flashes are blinding. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” Eunhyuk shook his head while pointing the gate.

“So you feel like a celebrity now?” I snorted.

“Not me… Maybe you!” he poked my side.

“Oooppaaaa~ It’s not funny!” I sulked and hugged my knees.

He then placed an arm around my shoulder. “Miahnae Sunmi-ah. It was supposed to be a joke. You seemed so down and I already miss my perky and cheerful dongsaeng!” he pinched my cheek.

“You know what happened, right? I just can’t take my mind off things…” I sighed and Donghae placed his palm on my hand. “Don’t worry about what people say or think. I for one don’t believe any of it!” he smiled

“Yeah! Your handsome oppas in Super Junior all knows who you really are and I’m pretty sure DBSK and Shinee agrees with me!” Eunhyuk added.

“Jeungmal?” I asked eagerly with a soft tone.

“Of course!” they both answered and suddenly hugged me. “Aigooo~ You’re SMU’s princess after all!” Donghae kissed my head and I placed my arms on each of their backs. “Komawo! You just don’t know how much you all mean to me!” I squeezed them on my sides.

A camera suddenly flashed coming from behind a bush on the bottom of the stairs. Two men came out of it with huge lenses pointed to us. “!” Eunhyuk hissed. “Bro! Get Sunmi outta here!” he nodded to Donghae and stretched his arms out in front of us.

Donghae stood and pulled me up after grabbing my hand. He also took my backpack with his other hand and ran into the hall while tugging me. “What about Eunhyuk oppa?” I looked back and saw him fighting with the paparazzi.

“He’s gonna be fine… He’s a monkey, y’know!” he blurted.

We slowed down upon gaining distance from where we left Eunhyuk when another reporter came out of nowhere. “OPPA!!!” I squealed when a flash blinded me and several snaps caught my ears. “Is it true that you’re only using Sehun-shi for his money?” he accused.

Donghae suddenly pulled me and pressed my head into his chest while covering me with his jacket. “YAH! Get the outta here! You’re not supposed to be here!” he shouted.

“And who the are you to say that? I’m only here for her, not any of you! Spoiled rich kids!” the man reasoned with a yelling voice that caught the student’s attention.

“What did you say?” Minho came glaring from behind.

“Spoiled. Rich. Kids?” Ryeowook pounded a fist on his palm while approaching from the side.

“And you’re after Sunmi?” Yoochun appeared on the other side with clenched fists.

The man was surrounded but stood his ground. “I’m from the media and I have my rights. You can’t lay a finger on me!” he smirked.

“Oh yeah? You do realize that you’re in SMU, right? A school for the rich and powerful. I alone can have you exiled!” Yoochun remarked.

“Hyung!” Donghae called him and he turned. “You guys know what to do… I’ll just take Sunmi away from here!” and the three agreed.

I kept my arms around his waist while he covered my head in his chest. Donghae smells so good and I like how chiseled his upper body is. ‘Yah! How can you think of that on a time like this?’ the angel on my head appeared. ‘What? She’s just a girl! Easily tempted!’ the devil snickered and I shook my head.

“Gwenchana?” Donghae muttered as we strode the empty hallway. “N-Neehhh…”

I suddenly heard a door squeaked and Donghae guided me in.

A couple of footsteps rushed to us after. “Hyung! What happened?”

'SEHUN!!!' I instinctively moved and lunged on my boyfriend’s chest. I sunk my face on his neck and the smell of his tangy perfume calmed my nerves.

“Some reporters managed to sneak into the campus and chased us. You guys have to be careful especially you two!” Donghae warned us.

“We will, hyung!” EXO bowed.

“I’ll go ahead and meet with DBSK so we can do something about this. Keep your guards up, a’right?” he added and my hair. “Sunmi-ah, call me if you need anything. Ara?”

I opened my eyes and glanced at him. “Neehhh~ Komawo oppa!” he smiled and left.

Sehun cupped my face while I anchored my arms around his waist. “Are you okay?” and I nodded.

“I’m sorry for everything, babe! I’m really sorry… I didn’t know anything about it!” he drew circles on my cheeks.

“Are you really gonna marry that girl?” I stared deep into him.

“Is that even a question? Of course not baby! They’ll have to kill me first before they can force me!” he gave me an assuring smile.

We broke apart and sat on the couch while they talk about dealing with the media and his fake fiancé. They agreed that DO, Chanyeol and Baekhyun will fetch Sungmin from school while Kris, Suho and Kai takes me home.

“Sehun-ah, does this mean we can no longer go out just like we used to?” I slumped on his shoulder.

“We still can! These are just minor changes in our routine to avoid those cameras. My face will still be the first thing you see in the morning and the last before you go to sleep.” he pinched my nose.

“What about Jiyeon?” I pouted.

“Don’t worry, Sunmi! We won’t let that witch get near maknae!” Chanyeol promised.

“Hell yeah! We can be ruthless to a girl too, y’know!” Baekhyun showed an evil grin.