Savior

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

It was a typical morning in SMU. Students were busy with their own classes. Listening to lectures, doing projects, coming in and out of the dining hall, we typically never run out of things to do.

I was sitting in the corner of the classroom when a guy kept staring at me ever since our professor started talking. ‘What the hell is wrong with him? Is there anything wrong with me?’ I then checked what I was wearing. ‘I look okay and there ain’t no stains or dirt on me. Aish!’

I rolled my eyes and focused on my notes instead.

I never knew the leader of Nu’est was my classmate not until when I saw him at the event. Then ever since, he never stopped bugging me. Actually, there was a major increase in irritation and annoyance after that memorable night. There are really people who are born with so much ignorance in there system and JR is one of them.

He would pass notes to me with the lamest pick up line ever created and sometimes order his friend to do favors but I never spared a single minute to give him a decent reply.

I was humming out a tune while copying some notes when JR suddenly stood in front of me. I moved my head to the side as I continued what I was doing. He however snatched my pen and I instantly look up to him. “Dude? What the hell?”

“Why are you ignoring me?” he hissed.

“I don’t mean to disrespect you in any way but it would be best for you to stop what you are doing right now. I came here to learn and not to socialize. Plus, my boyfriend won't be happy about this! Now, can I have my pen back?” I opened my palm to him.

He planted both hands on my desk as he leaned closer to me. “No way! Not until you sit right next to me.”

As much as I want to lash out on him for being too persistent, I remained composed and pulled my head back away from him. “No thanks I have an extreme fear of clowns.” I faked a smile.

Then the teacher suddenly announced dismissal. I swiftly snatch my pen from his grasp and jolt up from my seat. But JR appeared again in front of me. “Would you like to spend lunch me?” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Didn’t I just tell you I have Coulrophobia? I’ll die if I spend the next 5 minutes with you. So get the out of my face!” I sneered. He crossed his arms on his chest as he firmly stood in front of me.

I managed to push him aside but he grabbed my arm after I passed him. Then I turned and kicked him where the sun doesn’t shine. His friends were staring at him in shock while I sprinted out of the room. “GET HER!!!” he yelled while kneeling on the floor.

As soon as I stepped out of the room, my forever-hyper-and-handsome protector of the day was patiently leaning against a wall.

He greeted me with his biggest smile and excited wave but it all vanished upon seeing me being trailed by raging bulls. “YEOLLIE!!! RUN!!!” I shouted.

Chanyeol instantly took my hand and tugged me as we run away from Nu’est. “What did you do this time? Why are they after you?” he panted.

“I’ll tell you about it later. Let’s get outta here first!”

“YAH!!!! WE’LL GET YOU, SUNMI!!!” Ren shouted.

“In your dreams, BOY!” Chanyeol taunted. He squeezed my hand when we made a turn and slipped into a corner. “Here…” he whispered as we leaned against a wall to catch our breath. The place was unfamiliar to me so I had to look around. We actually came from the west wing and I’ve come to realize we ended up in the east side. “Yeollie, let’s go!” I tugged his shirt and started walking backwards when I bumped into what seems like a brick wall. “!” I hissed when I landed on the floor.

“Sunmi-ah!” Chanyeol worried and kneeled beside me. Three shadows towered us then our eyes bulged at their magnificent existence.

“Jaejoong oppa!” he bent down and helped me up while Yunho helped Chanyeol. Their maknae Changmin stood behind them looking confused.

“What happened? Is everything alright??” SMU’s prince captivated me again.

Just as I was about to reply, an angry mob of Nu’est came. “Get your asses back here! You’re gonna pay for that, !” JR growled.

Jaejoong instantly passed me over to Changmin and gracefully walked towards him. “What did you say? Did I hear you correctly?” his tone was the same but it was scaring the living hell out of me that even the rest of Nu’est faltered one step back.

“Su-Sunbae… It was her fault! She kicked me!” he explained.

“That’s because you grabbed me! Jerk!” I retorted.

Jaejoong rubbed his chin as his head cocked to the side. He suddenly released a solid jab to JR’s stomach and curled to the ground. He stooped lower to him and grabbed his collar. “Hey er! Treat girls the way you would want your dad to treat your mom. GOT THAT???” Chanyeol and I whimpered at his terrifying voice while Changmin kept a secure and tender clutch on my shoulders that relieved my fright.

“Y-Ye… Su-sunbae…” he winced.

“And don’t you ever lay a hand on Sunmi or her friends ever again! I’ll make sure none of you will ever leave SMU without missing a limb if you do!”  he pointed a finger to each of them.

“Ye sunbae!” they chorused and carried their injured leader.

Jaejoong walked back to me and I was in awe at how his face immediately turned angelic. “Gwenchana?”

“I am now. Thanks!” I pressed my steady chest as he placed an arm around my shoulder.

Changmin comforted me and patted my head. “You gotta be careful, next time a’right? We won’t always be there to protect my hyung’s favorite girl!”

“I will oppa.” I smiled to them. “By the way, he’s my protector as well…” I pointed to EXO’s resident happy pill.

“Annyeong haseyo. Park Chanyeol imnida.” he bowed to each of them. “Nice to meet you dongsaeng!” DBSK bowed back.

Yunho also placed an arm around his shoulder. “You should do your job better or Jaejoong will replace you.” he teased.

“Ehh??? Aniya, sunbae!” Chanyeol pouted.

“Just kidding… Just call us hyungs! It’d be nice to have someone call us that for once.” the leader ruffled his hair.

“Cool!” then the happy virus is back to his old self. “Hyung, you should visit our man cave, we can play video games in there.”

“Sorry but our loft is the best! You should be the one going to us!” Changmin smirked.

Then I had to break them before a debate could go off. “That’s enough…” and I faced Jaejoong. “Oppa, we should go now. EXO might hunt us down if we stay longer.”

“I understand! Call me if you need anything, okay?” he my cheek.

“I will… Thanks again! Bye Changmin oppa! Bye Yunho oppa!” I waved and smiled to them.

“Hyungs! I’ll see you around, a’ight?! Peace!” Chanyeol flashed a V sign to them and we all walked towards a different direction.