Distracted

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

I sat on the edge of the bed in the emergency room while Sehun stood in front of me with hands on his hips and watchful eyes on me.

After my limb has been cleared through an X-ray, the doctor removed my cast. He used a special saw that vibrated all over my arm which scared me at first but tingled along the way. “And we’re done!” he announced.

I instantly raised my left arm and it felt weird but in a good way. The left side of my body literally felt light as if I shed several pounds off. I wiggled my fingers and I could feel blood flow through my veins. My eyes grew big in amusement after I closed then opened my hand. “Uwaaaa~”

“Do you feel any pain or discomfort?” the doctor asked.

“Nope! Not at all!” I grinned then clenched my fist and sampled a punch in the air. “Oh yeah! I still got it!” I snickered.

“Oh no you won’t, missy! You better stay away from trouble or I’ll be seeing more of you here!” the man in white pointed a finger to my face.

“I will make sure that won't happen, doc! Don't worry!” Sehun smirked.

“Good! I’ll take my leave now. I still have other patients to attend.” he bowed.

I hopped off the bed and stood beside Sehun. “Neh! Kamsahamnida!” we both bowed.

Right after the doctor left, Sehun transferred to what was once my “bad” side and his soft hand crept on mine. It felt good having his long bony fingers filled the gaps. “Oh how I miss this babe!” he raised it and kissed the back of my hand.

“Yeah! Me too!” I beamed.

We walked out of the room and Sungmin quickly ran to me. I bent and stretched my arms out to catch him. “Noona! You can carry me now!” he clapped his hands.

“Yup! I can… And boy you’ve gained so much weight!” I propped him up when he started slipping then the rest of EXO came.

“Let me have him…” DO opened his arms but I insisted.

“It’s okay… I miss doing it anyway!” I kissed Sungmin’s cheek.

“Sunmi-ah! You look normal now!” Chanyeol blurted.

“Is that even suppose to make me feel good?” I scowled.

“Of course!” he grinned and I rolled my eyes. We then started to leave the hospital when Kris walked beside me. He became the first person to get a slap from my not-so-injured-hand-anymore on his arm. “OW! What was that for?” he rubbed the spot.

“For lying to me!” I scrunched my face.

“Oh… Right!” he pressed his lips together.

----------

The following morning I sprinted to Shinee’s game room on my free time. They huddled on the couches so I squeezed in between Onew and Taemin. “Hey guys! Look!” I flailed my left arm in the center.

“Wow! Congrats MiMi!” the leader grabbed my arm and placed it down. “Stop doing that though, it’s distracting…”

“Miahn…” I grinned.

“How are you feeling?” Taemin my back.

“Never better!” I stretch my arms out and wiggled it around.

“I can tell!” Jonghyun chuckled and Onew restrained me again. “Yah! Lay off the sugar in the morning! Aish!” he scowled.

“Fine!” I turned my back on him and faced Taemin. “Where’s Jinsuk? Is she coming over?”

Just as he was about to talk, the door shot wide open. “Speaking of the devil…” he pointed to my bff.

“Sunmi-ah!” she ran towards me and shoved her brother aside.

“Yah! Lee Jinsuk!” he hissed.

The rest of Shinee chuckled at the sight of their leader rubbing his after landing on the floor. “Uwaaaa~ Only those girls can do that to him!” Minho added.

I hugged her while she kept rubbing my left arm. “Yes! We can play now like normal people do!” she beamed.

“I know right???” we both giggled.

“So? How was weekend?” she asked and we gossiped while the boys played. Taemin remained beside me listening to his Ipod while the rest of them flocked the pool table. I told her about some random girl crashing into our mini ice cream party and how she acted towards Sehun.

“I need to ask you something.” I looked around to see if the boys were busy and I cupped my hand on her ear. “Do you anything about Park Jiyeon?”

I pulled away and waited for a response. “I do! But not that much…”

“Tell me! Tell me! Ppalli!” I shook her.

“Okay! Okay!” she pulled me closer to her and whispered back. “I heard she’s the one and only daughter of a very rich yet corrupt congressman… And she’s frequently seen coming in and out of the clinic…”

We broke apart and I stared at her with huge eyes. “Jeungmal?” I softly spoke and she pulled me again. “Some sources say she’s going there to get counseling…”

“In a clinic? But why?” I wondered and Jinsuk shrugged.

Onew got bothered again from our hissings and whisperings. “You two! YAH! I swear, you are the most rowdy girls I’ve ever met!” he yelled.

“Shut up, oppa!” I scolded him.

“Hahaha! That’s strike two!” Minho laughed.

“Hyung, I can’t believe Jinsuk and Sunmi are the only one who can bully you like this!” Key chuckled while Onew glowered at him.

Jinsuk suddenly stood and pulled me up. “Let’s go. We need to go somewhere…”

“Where?” I murmured.

“We’re going to find out why that Jiyeon girl kept seeing a shrink…” she said in her softest tone and started walking.

“MWOH???” I shouted and pulled back. They all looked at us while Jinsuk and I ignored them. “Isn’t it dangerous and illegal?” I whispered again.

“No it’s not! It’s just like doing some “research”…” she wiggled her fingers like bunny ears. “Now let’s go!” she tugged me again and I turned to Shinee’s maknae. “Taeminnie, I’ll see you around, okay?”

“Neh! You guys be careful, araseo?” he smiled and I waved.

We passed by the pool table and hugged Onew. “Oppa! Jinsuk and I will just play around the campus.”

“Okay… Call me if you need anything.” he then kissed our foreheads.

“Neh!” Jinsuk replied and we left.

“That’s the reason why I let them bully me. I love those two so much!” he blurted.

“What about us?” Minho sulked.

“Give me chicken and I’ll tell you know how much you mean to me…” he grinned.

“Aish! Forget it!” Jonghyun tossed the cue stick on the pool table.