Keep Calm

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Jinsuk sneaked into my class since it’s her free time. We sat at the back while my professor was busy lecturing about Schizophrenia. “Jiyeon should be in here listening, not us! Kekeke~” she whispered.

“Yah! It’s not nice to make fun of people’s condition.” I poked her temple.

“Whatever! She’s still crazy as ! And I bet you Jinki oppas chicken, that marriage is all arranged by her!” she stooped lower to my desk.

“Ehh? What made you say that?” I bent my head lower.

“I read that, an Erotomanic will go to extremes in order to get what they want especially when they get obsessive…” she glanced at the professor and moved her chair closer to mine. “I don’t think this is about their parents and business but that psycho!”

“Do you think so?” my eyes rounded.

“ yeah! She was abused as a child, right?” and I nodded. “…which triggered her episode.” she added.

“Mhmmm! And?” I gestured my hand.

Then we heard a crash on the table and our heads shot up to the blackboard. “Yah! You two! Pay attention!” the professor pointed a long wooden stick to us.

“Neehhh…”we chorused and pretended to listen.

Right after he turned, we ducked again. “So anyway…” Jinsuk continued. “Jiyeon attached herself to somebody she can never have, totally unattainable for affection and attention.”

“Where she apparently recovered…” I contest.

“Right! But the moment Sehun rescued her from being attacked, that was a done deal! Her delusions skyrocketed!” she pounded her knuckles on the desk.

My head instantly dropped as I covered my gaping mouth. Confusion just added to my long list of negative emotions… Hate, worry, anxiety, it all burned my insides. A part of me doesn’t wanna believe what Jinsuk said but my heart and mind says otherwise and I knew right away that Jiyeon will be the bane of my existence.

“We have to tell Sehun and the boys!” she patted my shoulder.

“No!” I snapped.

“What do you mean, no? Jiyeon is dangerous especially to you!” she hissed.

“No one knows about her condition but us. If we tell them about it, God knows what Jiyeon would do if it spreads. Besides, I can handle her myself as long as she keeps her hands off EXO especially my Sehun!” I warned her with a glare.

“Fine!” she sighed.

“Class dismissed!!!” the bearded man slammed his stick on the board and we left.

Jinsuk and I walked the hallway with stares boring holes behind my head. Let’s just say that half of the university is shallow and dimwitted enough to believe gossips while the other half is the smartest and literate ones which I find comforting… at least not everybody hates me.

“I heard she already slept with all of EXO. Tch! Innocent my !” says one girl.

Jinsuk turned and jumped on her. “Say it again and you will know how my foot tastes like! !” she landed on top of her and threw punches on her face.

“Stop it! Yah!!! Lee Jinsuk!” I firmly gripped her arms and yanked her away.

She struggled in my clutch while thrashing her leg to the lying girl. “If any of you talks about Sunmi like she did, you’ll end up worse! GOT THAT???” her voice rang through the corridor.

No one answered but their frightened faces showed they got the message. I pulled my fuming best friend by the wrist while she muttered curses. “You indeed shed your geeky tomboy image but you still act like you’re the 6th member of Shinee!” I scolded.

“I can’t help it! Some people need to learn some manners!” she fixed her long black hair.

I kicked the door of the lounge startling EXO. “What’s up with you two?” Chanyeol ran to us.

“Jinsuk got into a fight!” I grabbed a Kleenex from my backpack and faced her. “Come here sis!” I wiped the blood off her fist.

“They were calling Sunmi names! I can’t just stand there and ignore it… Those es had it coming!” she sneered.

Chanyeol removed my hand and nodded towards Sehun. “I got this! Go to your hubby while I take care of my wifey!” he winked.

“You’re crazy Yeollie!” I chuckled and skipped to the couches.

“Wifey my !” she yelled and took the tissue off his hands. “I can do it myself!”

“Andwae! No one touches these soft and delicate hands but me!” he gripped her wrist and pulled her to the couch. “Good job, by the way!” he whispered.

I sat on Sehun’s lap and he hugged me as I rest my head on his chest. “You okay?” he muttered.

“Of course…” I played with the hem of his jacket. “By the way…” I raised my head and faced them. “You guys should take it easy on Jiyeon…”

“MWOH???” they all chorused while Jinsuk facepalmed. “Did I hear it right?” DO poked a finger in his ear.

“Yup! You heard me!” they stared at me with eyebrows pinched together. “And why would we do that? Sunmi-ah, did you forget who Park Jiyeon is?” Kai scoffed.

‘Oh I know Jongin! She’s the fake fiancé of my boyfriend who happens to be mentally sick and she might hurt any of you if you make it harder for her!’ I gulped while staring at them.

“Baby, is something wrong?” Sehun ran his fingers through my hair.

“A-ani! It’s just that Jiyeon is a girl too, y’know! And she deserves to be treated as such.” I forced a smile.

“No ing way! She’s gonna get some major slap from me!” Baekhyun smirked.

“And me!” Chanyeol raised his free hand while the other clasped Jinsuk’s fingers. “Can’t you understand what Sunmi just said?” she elbowed his side. “OW! Stop hurting me!” he rubbed the stinging spot.

“You too?” Suho raised an eyebrow.

“Yes oppa! Believe it or not I agree with her!” she rolled her eyes.

Sunmi gave Kris a sullen look. “Help me out here!” she mouthed and his shoulders instantly dropped. “Things I do for you!” he murmured.

“Guys, she has a point. EXO may be known as playboys but we never lay a hand on girls.” the eldest said.

“She will be the first then!” Kai grinned and I shot him a death glare. “Okay, fine! But we can’t promise anything!”

“That’s fair enough…” I rested my head back on Sehun’s chest.

“You’re too nice… Don’t you know that?” he lifted my chin and pecked my lips.

“I know now…” I smiled and moved to straddle him without breaking the kiss. He had his arms around my back while I wrapped mine on his neck. “Oh ! I’m outta here!” Baekhyun stood and so did the rest of them.

“Jinsuk-ah, let’s stay and follow their lead!” Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows to her. “How ‘bout my foot and your mouth!” she stood and left as well. “Stop being such a tease! I know how much you crave for my soft set of puckers. Look how good looking I am.” she turned and saw him grinning.

“Go away!!!” she shouted and left while Sehun and I enjoyed lip locking.

“These lips are mine. Understood?” I muttered in between kisses.

“Yes ma’am!” he then pulled me closer for a deeper and passionate contact.