Keep Calm and Dance

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Jinsuk and I started to get bored with our university life so we decided to join the dance club. I was not born a dancer but performing on stage with Gdragon himself made me learn and practice on my own. Jinsuk did ballet when she was young and hanging out with Shinee helped her discover some hidden talents. We’re not the best and most graceful but we can totally keep up with our instructor who turned out to be Boa.

We meet after classes twice a week at a studio in the south wing. There were only a few students who signed up for it maybe because they’re too good already or too lazy to do so.

“Okay guys… I’ll see you again next week, a’right?” Boa turned to us and bowed.

“Ye!” we all replied and bowed as well.

They scrambled out of the studio while Jinsuk and I remained. We sat crossed leg on the wooden floors and leaned against the mirrored wall. I wiped my sweaty self with a towel while she took her laptop and read some articles about Psychiatry.

“Since when did you get interested about mental disorders?” I leaned my head on her shoulder.

“Since your boyfriend got a Psycho for an admirer!” she laughed.

“Hey, that’s mean and not funny…” I lightly slapped her hand with my towel.

“Miahn… But we should know what we’re dealing with here. My harabeoji always say, in order to beat your enemy, you must first know your enemy… We have to know Jiyeon’s strengths, weaknesses and what she’s capable of.” she raised a finger in the air.

“Yah… Lee Jinsuk! We’re not going to a war. Jiyeon is just any other normal girl." I straightened up and scolded her.

“Riighhttt… A normal girl that has gone kookoo in the head!” she made circles with her finger on her ear. “Trust me on this one, girl! We're not looking for trouble but when it comes, we’re ready.” she looked at her screen again and I rested my head on her shoulder as I listened.

She was silent for a bit but her eyes moved from side to side while reading every word. I drank from my water bottle as I waited for her to report what she learned.

“Hey sis! Listen to this…” I scooted closer to her while my eyes followed her finger on the screen. “The erotomaniac tends to begin with simple, subtle expressions of affection to reach the object of her desire which later spirals out of control and can lead to expressions of anger, rage, frustration and violence when such gestures go ignored and the victim continues to assert lack of interest.”

We looked at each other and I rubbed the goose bumps off my arms after a chilling sensation ran through my body. “Can we stop this already? It’s scaring the out of me! Besides, Jiyeon was already cured and we’re just being paranoid.”

Jinsuk closed her laptop and tidied her stuff. “Fine! But you gotta watch your back and be alert at all times. Araseo?” she pointed a finger to my face.

“Yes ma’am!” I saluted her. “But let’s keep this a secret, okay?” I added.

“Yes ma’am!” she saluted back and we both laughed.

Jinsuk stood and picked up her backpack. “Aren’t you going?” she looked down to me.

“I’ll stay here for a bit… I wanna dance some more!” I said coz I was actually feeling anxious and troubled all of a sudden. Having Jiyeon around was like a ticking time bomb for all of us.

“Whatever! I’ll go ahead then!” she ruffled my hair and I kicked her on her way out. “Bye sis!” I hollered.

I stood from my spot and ped my jacket. Since I’m all alone in the studio, I felt comfortable and flexible in a pair of shorts and sports bra. I stretched and shook my limbs for warm up and played the music.

I took my stance in the middle of the room and closed my eyes as I heave a deep breath.