Turn Up The Music

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

It’s been weeks already since Sungmin was found. Everything came back to normal except for the wedding dilemma. It still haunts them. Creeping and lurking from behind but they all ignored it. Jiyeon who has been pestering them eventually grew tired and never showed up in the lounge.

Sunmi now spends lunch with the boys together with Jinsuk. “I think we need a bigger couch… It’s getting crowded already…” Baekhyun blurted after seeing the girls sitting on their boyfriend’s lap.

“We’re not complaining… Right Sehun?” Chanyeol smirked and got elbowed on the chest. “OW! That’s the last for today!” he pointed a finger to Jinsuk and she stuck her tongue out to him.

“Mhmmm! I’m all gooood!” he beamed while hugging Sunmi on the side as she fed him.

“Whatever!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Sehun-ah… Any news about how that merge is coming? We can't just sit here and wait, y’know?” Suho spoke while eating.

“I know, hyung! But I can’t nag my dad about it. He’s doing everything he can already…” he sighed.

Sunmi placed the chopsticks on the table and cupped his face. “Everything’s gonna work out…”

“Yes babe!” she kissed him after he puckered his lips.

“Oh c’mon! I’m eating here!” DO hissed and Kai snorted.

They were almost done with lunch when Sunmi’s phone rang. She leaned her head on Sehun’s chest while talking to Teddy. “Yes oppa? Ahh… Jeungmal? Alright!!! Neehhhh! Bye…” and she hung up.

“Guys! Guess what?” she clasped her phone and straightened up. “WHAT???” they replied.

“There’s gonna be an exclusive party later at the club organized by SMU. Everybody’s gonna be there!” she beamed.

“Really? OH.MY.GOD! I’m stoked!” Chanyeol raised his fists to the roof and praised.

“Yeah right! As if I'm gonna let you go…” Jinsuk snickered.

“Mwoh? B-But… Yaaahhhh~” he threw a tantrum while the rest talked on what clothes to wear.

“I’m just kidding, Yeollie! Kekeke~” she pressed his cheeks with both palms.

“Don’t make jokes like that ever again. Aisshhh~” he poked Jinsuk’s side while she kept giggling.

---------

Evening came and they all arrived at the club just before it got packed. EXO and Jinsuk stayed at the VIP area except for Sehun and Sunmi who were at the back of the club hanging out. “How do I look babe?” she asked while posing a few meters from him.

“You’re y and cute as always… But you should stop wearing these short dresses, baby!” Sehun pulled her with his arms around her waist while she clasped both hands behind his neck.

“Wae? Are you scared that someone might just snatch me away?” she smiled and pecked his lips.

“ANNIIII~” he sang and kissed her back. “I just hate it when guys feast their eyes on you!”

“Don’t mind them then! They can look all they want but can never have some…” she muttered in between kisses and he slipped his tongue into her. “Mmmmm… Someone’s excited!” she whispered.

“Shut up and kiss me!” he ordered.

“Not tonight brotha!” GD mused and yanked Sunmi away. “Oppppaaaaa~” she pouted.

GD turned to her with a scowl. “Don’t you give me that look sweetheart! You’re in the middle of the street for sake! Get inside if you want to each other’s faces. Aish!” and faced Sehun. “Wassup bro!” he greeted him and exchanged bro hugs.

“What the hell? How come you scolded me but not him? He started it!” she crossed her arms.

“The more you should’ve stop then!” he added. “Get inside and be ready. I’ll see you on the stage.” he pointed at the door.

“No way! I ain’t singing much less stand on that stage…” she scrunched her face.

“Oh yes you are! Or I’ll tell Teddy hyung so he can drag you out there!” he snickered.

“I hate you right now oppa! Urgh!” she stomped into the club.

“Love you too sis!” GD yelled and they followed her in.

----------

I walked into the office and put some light make up on. “This will do…” I shifted from side to side in front of the mirror.

“Noona! Don’t worry too much. You look jjang!” my brother raised a thumb.

“Komawo… I’m just nervous. It’s the first time going on stage after the accident.” I blew out an air.

Sungmin stood and looked up to me. “You’re gonna do great no matter what! I’m you’re no. 1 fan, remember?” he smiled.

I stooped then kissed his forehead. “Yep! Hwaiting!” I raised my fist and he did as well. “Hwaiting!”

The show officially started when I heard the thundering cheers of the crowd and GD’s captivating voice.

“This is it, Sunmi. You got this!” I whispered and took a lot of deep breaths. I paced around the room while waiting for my name to be called. I kept repeating the lyrics on my head and practicing the steps with closed eyes.

But intense fear and nervousness kicked in. My legs were like jelly, my face burnt, I could already hear my heart pounding, and worse, I suddenly have the urge to back out. “I can’t do this! I just can’t…” I muttered while tightening my fingerless leather gloves. It was slipping already when my palms started to sweat. At one point, I gripped my skirt while heaving for deeper breaths.

Just as I was about to make a run out of the club, GD suddenly called my name. “Y’ALL MAKE SOME NOISE FOR MY SISTER, SSUUNNMMIII!!!”

“Oh lord, please help me!” I froze but Sungmin pushed my making me move forward. “Noona! Go do your thing!” he grunted.

----------

GD saw his siblings and ran down the stage. “Are you okay?”

“Oppa, I can’t do this! This is so much worse than getting shot in the chest!” she then eyed the cheering crowd and up to the VIP area. Seeing DBSK was more than enough for her butterflies to mutate into dragons. “Holy mother of God! They’re here!”

“Hyung! You’ve been looking for Sunmi right?” Changmin nudged Jaejoong.

“Yup, did you find her?” he kept looking at the bar area.

“She’s here... Look!” he pointed him to the side of the stage.

“Gdragon is her brother?” Junsu joined them. “Uwaaaa~ My girlfriend is badass!”

From then on, Jaejoong never took his eyes off her. He watched every move she made, from the way she fidgeted with her skirt and how she looked scared while talking to GD.

“Hey... Yo sis!” GD turned her jaw. “Look at me sis! You got this, a’right? Just like old times…”

“Yeah noona! You can do it!” Sungmin rubbed her trembling hands.

Sunmi closed her eyes and emptied her mind. GD’s assurance and her brother’s motivation was all it took to calm her nerves. ‘Yeaahhh… Just like old times…’ her eyes shot wide open then a smirk formed on her lips. “Let’s do this!”

“Atta girl!” GD took her wrist and pulled her up the stage. The crowd went wild with manly howls filling the entire club. “That’s my girl right there!!! WOOHOOOO!!!” Sehun roared while cupping his mouth.

GD handed her a mic and placed a comforting arm on her shoulder. “And that’s my man everybody!” she smiled while pointing back to her proud boyfriend and the crowd cheered. “KISS! KISS! KISS!” they demanded.

“Let’s save that one for last! Okay?” and they agreed. “Now… Some of you might already know that I don’t do solo stages so since Jiyong oppa can’t join me, I’ll pick someone from the audience.” and almost all of them raised their hands. Given that SMU is plagued by equally talented and beautiful people, it was harder to pick since Sunmi wanted to perform with all of them.

Taemin flailed his arms like no tomorrow with the rest of Shinee doing their own way to get her attention. ‘Miahnae Taeminnie… We can dance together in the rooftop one of these days. Promise!’ and she continued looking around. “Oh! Donghae oppa! You’re here?” she pointed her mic towards his group. “Of course! I can’t miss this for the world!” he cupped his mouth while shouting. “You look great by the way!” he added. Good thing she has make up on or it will be obvious how red she was.

GD stood beside her while she picked a partner. Chanyeol was waving like a maniac but Jinsuk kept pulling his arm down. Kai, Baekhyun and DO also did the same. Her attention went back to the dance floor and a strikingly handsome face caught her attention right away. “You there!” she pointed. “Let’s play!”

The spotlight hovered him instantly and the crowed wooed and murmured. “Who is he?” “I haven’t seen him at school?” Is he a transfer student?” they questioned.

Luhan and Tao patted Lay’s shoulder and he jumped up to the stage while Sehun bored a hole through his skull. Sunmi drew the mic away and leaned closer to his ear. “Rumor has it that you got superb dancing skills and mad vocals. Can you show me what you got?”

Lay pressed his cheek on her face and whispered back. “TCH!!! You’re in for a surprise babe!”

“Bring it!” she smirked and tossed him GD’s mic. Sunmi nodded to Teddy and they took their stances. The lights dimmed on the dance floor with only random LED lights illuminating the stage. Sunmi took a deep breath and gripped her mic while Lay stood with an aggressive yet charismatic aura… then the music started.

Sunmi pounded her fist as soon as the bass thumped while Lay bobbed his head to the beat. He made a quick glance at her and winked right before his part came on. His pitch was perfect and his feet popped while his body rocked to the rhythm. ‘Hot damn! He definitely delivered. I’m impressed!’ she smiled and gained confidence from him. She danced while he sang. She did all her steps as practiced and the audience loved her. Her hips swayed from side to side with arms flowing as her body waved. She flipped her hair and spun around the stage. Then the crowd joined in. They jumped and raised their hands in the air. “WOOOO!!!” they cheered.

“Woah! Sunmi is on fire! I’ve never seen a girl almost perfect as her!” Yoochun blurted and Jaejoong narrowed his eyes on her. ‘Damn Sunmi! How can you do this to me?’

Sunmi and Lay sang together on the chorus and worked up the crowd. “Put yo’ hands up! Everybody put yo’ hands up!” she adlibbed.

Then Lay showed off his freestyle prowess when she started singing her part. He was graceful and captivating. His body was like a piece of art when his jacket kept falling off revealing his well toned arms and shoulders.

The girls were fanning themselves while others drooled. “Opppaaaa!!!” they screamed.

“She should’ve picked me! We have better chemistry and I’m so fly when I dance!” Eunhyuk complained. “Keep telling yourself that!” Donghae snorted.

When the song slowed down, they walked to each other and he pressed his forehead on her. Lay placed his free arm around her waist and pulled her closer making Sehun flinch from a distance.

“Surprise… Surprise…” he whispered and bit his lip during the instrumental part. “Tch! We’re not even done yet!” she lightly pushed him. Lay swiped his chin while looking away and handed her his mic.

Lay showed why he’s probably one of the dance prodigies of China. He’s got the flow and jives with the music through the beat of his heart. His face was calm and peaceful owning the stage like no other. His feet moved with every jerk of his body. He popped, locked, and even did some stunts. Everything was at point and his moves were smooth and crsip. “YEAHHH BOY!!!” the crowd shouted.

“Go Lay! Go Lay! Yeaaahhh!!!” Sunmi cheered as he watches him on the side making him pumped up even more.

Sehun’s chest burned during the whole performance and couldn’t help but glare at Lay. ‘How dare you touch Sunmi? Aish!’

The song neared its end so Lay went back to Sunmi and took the mic. They sang and danced together side by side with arms around their backs until the music stopped. They bowed a couple of times then hugged each other. “That was amazing, oppa! Komawo!” she panted.

“It was nothing. Thank you, Sunmi! This is by far the best night of my life.” he sneakily kissed her cheek.

Sunmi touched her burning face and he softly pushed her for a wink. She gulped then and faced the crowd. “Y-Yeorobeun!!! Give it up for Lay!” she pointed to him and he bowed again. “Thanks y’all! It was great sharing the stage with this girl. She is beyond perfection and it’s such a huge honor for me! Let’s give her a round of applause as well!” they obliged and gave Sunmi more than an applause but the loudest and booming cheer of all time.

“Kamsahamnida!” she bowed.

GD walked up to them and took their mics. “Good job sis! See, I told you?” he hugged her.

“Yeaahhh… Thanks oppa!” he patted his back and pulled away. “This is Lay by the way.” she introduced them and exchange bro hugs. “Wassup! I’m Gdragon, her brother!”

“Cool! Nice to meet you!”

“I’ll leave you to two then…Bye!” she slapped their arms and left the stage.

----------

I was making my up the VIP booth when I met DBSK first. “Sunmi-ah! Aigooo~ How can you be so perfect? Oppa is loving you even more!” Junsu hugged me and lifted me off the ground.

“I’m not! I was just forced by my brother!” I frowned and softly pushed me. “Ehh? He should keep on doing it then! You’re great out there, Sunmi! Seriously!” he ruffled my hair. “Komawo!”

I saw Jaejoong staring at me with a blank expression so I approached him. “Oppa? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing… I just like staring at you…” he said in a monotonous way. ‘You’re like a puzzle Sunmi. You never fail to bewilder and challenge me…’

“Okay! I’ll see you around then! I’ll just go and hang out with EXO.” I pinched both his cheeks and faced the others. “Annyeong! Have fun, a’right?” I turned and heard Yunho talking to Jaejoong. “Yah! Self control is very important!”

‘What does he mean by that?’ I cocked my head to the side and brushed it off. I skipped to the rowdiest group and hugged Sehun from behind. “Boo!” I whispered in his ear. He turned his head and scowled. “Don’t you know that I’m dying of jealousy right here!” he crossed his arms and look away.

I shifted in front of him without breaking my clutch and s my arms up to his chest. I took his hands and placed it on hips then I cupped his jaw. “Aigoooo~ Why don’t I make it up to you then?” I tilted my head and kissed his lips gently and slowly. His hands instantly lingered around my back while his tongue worked wonders within me. “Don’t you ever randomly pick someone ever again!” he muttered. “Mhmmm!” I replied and pulled him closer.

“I will only be your dance partner. Got that?” he added and tilted for another deep kiss. “Yes sir!”

“Can we go home now? I can’t resist you anymore…” he groaned.

“We can’t baby… The party is just about to start! And I want to drink!” and he stopped. He pulled away and glared at me. “Andwae! Shireo! You can’t! That was just a one time deal! You will never ever drink again! Araseo!”

“Okay! Geeezz!” I raised both hands and we joined EXO and Jinsuk.

 

 

Another long one... ^^