SMU Prince

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

There I was standing in middle of the hall beside a witty MC and surrounded by what seems like a hungry pack of either lions or hyenas. I had to shift my body weight from side to side as my legs would never stop from shaking and aside from the fact that the butterflies started zooming around my stomach.

I can now clearly see the handsome faces of the sunbaes. DBSK smiled warmly to me with their majestic aura while Super Junior sat with class just like a gentleman would. My eyes went over to Shinee’s table where Onew waved frantically so I smiled to him making the person beside him swoon. ‘What was his name again? Taejin? Taegoon? Aish, forget it!’

“Yeorobeun!” the mc spoke and I snapped. “I want you all to meet Oh Sunmi! A freshman and our last candidate.” he then pointed the mic to me.

“A-Annyeong haseyo!” my voice shook.

“Aigooo~ Sunmi-ah, don’t be nervous. Jaesuk oppa will take care of you.”

I forced a smile to him and pressed my cheeks together with my hands as hot flushes ran through me.

“Nomu kyopta!” the blonde leader of BtoB shouted.

“Yah! No need to be rowdy!” The mc scolded him and the group high fived each other then they earned a killer pierce from every guy in EXO. “Sunmi-shi, I need to make everything clear first…” he added.

“Neh?” I asked,

“Since you’re special to me, I’ll grant you one condition before the bidding starts.”

Then my face lit up. “Really?” and he nodded. “Cool! To the winning bidder, I will never go on a date with you. You can ask anything but not that one!”

The hall was filled with boo’s and thumbs down but EXO’s especially my boyfriend showed a slightly relieved faces.

---------

“Sunmi is indeed cunning. You just gotta love that girl!” Luhan slowly clapped his hand.

Sehun however kept his weary eyes on her as he can never accept the fact that a room full of guys was about to feast on her.

---------

“Do you have a namja chingu?” he pointed the mic back to me.

“Yes! And he’s here!” I answered right away.

All their faces fell and whispers engulfed the room as they started looking around for the luckiest soul. “Jinja?” and I nodded. Jaesuk faced the audience this time. “To the forever fortunate boy who owns this girl, please come up!”

Sehun stood right away and walked towards the podium. Our eyes were glued to each other and I could already sense his anger from miles away. He stood beside me then laced our fingers together. I was relieved when his warmth touched my cold and sweaty palms. He knew how nervous and scared I was so he stopped himself from lashing out on me.

“Aigooo~ Seems like we have ourselves the couple of the century. Aren’t they cute?” Jaesuk asked the audience.

“HELL NO!!! ANIYA!!!” they all objected and we just ignored them.

Jaesuk moved the mic away to talk to Sehun. “I’m really sorry if Sunmi has to go through this. Don’t worry she won’t be in any harm.”

“Ermmm… I don’t have a choice anyway, right? So it’s okay…” the mc then shook his head and bowed. “Kamsahamnida! I truly appreciate it!”

Sehun then pressed his lips to my ears after Jaesuk talked to the audience for a bit. “You got some explaining to do, missy. You’re in deep !” he muttered. I turned my head to look at him with deep apologetic eyes. “I’m sorry baby…” I mouthed. My heart got heavier by the minute and it slowly sinks into the pit of my stomach. As much as I want to continue with the event, I just can’t bear seeing him hurt after I lied to him and prepared myself to give up.

He suddenly released my hand and placed an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to kiss my head. “It’s okay baby. I know you’re intention is just to help those kids. I will bid for you instead even if it makes me poor.”

I also placed an arm at the back of his waist. “Thank you, babe!”

Jaesuk came back to us once again. “Let’s start?” and we both nodded.

“You look beautiful as always, Sunmi! You’re definitely making it up to me later.” he whispered and pulled away from my grasp.

I shook my stooping head and bit my lower lip.

“Okay! Since we’re all settled…. Bidding starts at $1,000.” then almost everyone in the hall including the rookies raised their hands.

“Woah! Why don’t I changed it up a bit!... Who'll give me a $5,000? $5,000 bid?” a lot of hands still. “Now 7, $7,000, will ya give me 7?”

I can see EXO never wavered together with some other groups. The bid already passed the $10,000 mark with still a few hands in the air courtesy of EXO, Shinee, Super Junior and DBSK.

“Guys, don’t hold back even if Sunmi has a boyfriend. Sehun-shi won’t intervene!” the grasshopper mc snickered.

“HYUNG!!!” Sehun protested from afar.

“Araseo! Now let’s continue… I’m at $13,000 and I want $14,000, $14,000, bid on $14,000?” the number of hands decreased but my legs are aching already so I tapped Jaesuk’s shoulder. He moved the mic away and faced me. “Yes?”

“Uhmmm. My legs are hurting already and I’ve been standing for a quite a while now… You wouldn’t mind if I take my heels off, do you?”

“No problem… Be comfortable anyway you like.”

“YES!” I exclaimed.

They all watched me excitedly raise one leg over the other as I took my deadly weapons off and dropped it on the floor. The audience and mc let out a soft chuckle while Jinsuk who was still peering on the curtains slapped her forehead.

“That girl is interesting.” says the leader of DBSK. “Hyung! You gotta make sure one of us get her!” added their maknae.

‘Can’t these guys try to gossip like normal people?’ I shook my head and went over by the podium to lean against it. ‘Ahhhh~ This is so much better.’

----------

“Hyung! Please! I want to spend time with Sunmi. Let’s get the winning bid. Jeeebbaalll!” Taemin begged Onew.

“Yah! I’m doing my best here coz I don’t want any other guys to spend time with her. It’s either me or Sehun only!” the leader scoffed.

“Whatever! Just make sure you get her!” he added while Key rolled his eyes.

----------

Then Jaesuk continued. “I’m at $15,000 would you go $16,000? $16,000, bid on $16,000?” Jaesuk spoke fast. The battle continued between DBSK’s Yunho and Jaejoong, Shinee’s Onew, BAP’s Yongguk, and EXO’s Sehun and Kai.

‘Aish! When will this ever gonna stop? I wanna go home, I’m tired…’ I planted my hands on my knees as I bend after standing too long was taking a toll on me.

A blonde guy from Super Junior suddenly stood with two chairs and walked towards me. “Here! Have a sit!” he said. “Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!” I bowed to him in an ecstatic manner and heaved a deep breath after sitting. “Uwaaaa~ That is so good!” I wiggled my legs.

“I’m Lee Hyukjae but you can call me Eunhyuk oppa.”

“Hello Eunhyuk oppa! I’m Oh Sunmi.” we bowed to each other then another guy walked to us and handed me a glass of water. “Sunmi-shi, drink this. You look tired already.”

“Wow! Kamsahamnida!” I bowed to him then he walked back to their table.

“That was our ever reliable leader, Leeteuk.” I emptied the glass and waved at Super Junior’s table.

“Ahhh… Teukkie oppa!” I giggled and he pinched my cheek. “You’re too cute!”

“Oppa! I’m not a puppy! Aish!” I scoffed and we continued watching the auction.

The bid was at $20,000 and it’s between DBSK’s Jaejoong, Shinee’s Onew, BAP’s Yongguk, and my boyfriend.

“I’m at $20,000 and I want $21,000, $21,000, bid on $21,000?” Jaejoong raised his hand. “Make it $22,000!” he blurted and we all gasped.

“Holy ! Oppa, is that even possible?” I asked my new friend.

“Of course. Last year, he went up to $30,000 just to get a hold of his long time crush!” Eunhyuk said.

“Uwaaaaa!” I stared at him and he winked making me gulp. ‘He’s charming indeed!’

I averted my eyes back to Sehun and he melted me when he mouthed. “I love you!” and I was left speechless.

“I’ll have 23!” Yongguk’s deep voice soared. The other bidders straightened up from their spots as it got more intense.

Then the event director appeared and whispered to Jaesuk. We all watched them intently and after a few nods from the mc, he walked towards the backstage.

Jaesuk raised the mic to his mouth for an announcement. “PD-nim told me that the rookies are disqualified.”

Sehun and Yongguk shot up from their seats in unison. “MWOH??? That’s unfair! How is that even possible?”

“Well, it’s one of those privileges being enjoyed by the sunbaes. I’m sorry kids… But we just gotta follow tradition.”

Sehun crossed his hands behind his head and paced. I gave Luhan a look to make Sehun face me. He tugged my boyfriend’s blazer and pointed me. “Calm down…” I mouthed. He took a seat and frowned when the event continued.

Onew accepted defeat after Jaejoong offered $26,000. “Going once! Going twice! Oh Sunmi is sold at $26,000!” the mc announced.

“Congrats hun! You just earned yourself SMU’s ultimate prince!” Eunhyuk ruffled my hair and went back to their table. I slipped into my killer heels then I took Jaesuk’s hand. I stood when the prince himself was standing in front of me. “She’s all yours, Jaejoongie! Take care of her, a’right?”

“Don’t worry, hyung! I spend a lot on her so I will definitely do that!” his voice was raspy and captivating.

We stood on the middle while the mc gave a closing remark. “Onew-shi I was just informed as well that as a runner up, you get to spend an hour with Sunmi and you have the liberty when to use it. Just an hour, araseo?”

“NEHHH~” he sang and Taemin was beaming like a kid in a candy shop.

“Well… That concludes our yearly auction! Enjoy the rest of the night and until then! Yeorobeun… Annyeong~” he waved while grinning.

The lights suddenly dimmed and a spotlight hovered me and Jaejoong. He took my wrists and draped it around his neck. He then s his arms around my waist making me fluster. I looked away trying to search the hall for Sehun. ‘Baby, save me…’

“Would it be too much to ask if I could dance with you? Since I can’t get you out on a date, might as well dance with the girl who caught my eyes in an instant.” he kept following my gaze.

“Ehh?” and we finally looked at each other. He was beyond beautiful. Jaejoong could definitely put anyone who claims to be flawless to shame. It was completely surreal. It’s like walking in a dream. “Uhmmm… S-Sure…” I stuttered.

Just as EXO made their way towards us, a group of students barricaded the dance floor to block them leaving only me and Jaejoong in the middle.

“I want you to think of no one else but me. Just this once! Please?” he pleaded with his piercing stare.

“O-Okay…” I closed my eyes for a bit and heaved a deep breath.

Then the slow music started. 

 

Jaejoong has a nice, smooth skin and has perfect features. He smelled really good and expensive. You will come to realize that he was not your typical quiet guy after staring into him. He has a deep thought and gives off a mysterious vibe that  made me want to know him more. I let him guide me through the dance floor and followed him. Everyone in the room vanished but I could always feel Sehun's presence. He has that amazing effect on me.

"You're boyfriend sure is lucky to have you. I have never envied someone until now."

"Ani! It's actually the other way around. I'm lucky to have him in my life and I couldn't ask for more."

"Can you still make room for me? Y'know? As a friend maybe?"

He was a genuine person and I'm happy to find one. "Sure! Jaejoong oppa!"