Scandal

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

As soon as the music took over her, Sunmi opened her eyes and started to move to the rhythm of music. She glided across the room while dancing on the tip of her toes. She moved her feet, arms, hands, hip and everything else with freedom. She lived in the moment and gave permission for her emotions to flow. Feeling the connection between body and soul, between herself and the universe.

Sunmi was in her own world dancing her uncertainties away. Hoping that every step will rid all the worries that Jiyeon has brought upon her and Sehun. All that she’s feeling showed in her facial expressions and body language. She forgot about reality that she didn’t notice she earned herself an eager audience.

There he was standing by the door and leaning on his side with eyes on her. With her step, his feet try to move. With her rhythm, his heart rages. With her sullen face, his arms tingle to comfort her. ‘How can I let you go, Sunmi? The harder I try, the deeper I fall into you…’ he thought. The music faded until it stopped. Sunmi remained in the middle of the dance floor kneeling and fighting to catch air.

“Aigooo~ I think I just lost my title as SMU’s dancing machine…” Kai walked towards her while slowly clapping his hands.

Sunmi looked around and quickly stood after seeing him. “J-Jongin! W-What are you doing here?” she stuttered.

“Well… Since dancing is a part of me just like you…” he pinched her chin. “…this studio has become my second home and I was supposed to polish some routines but since you’re here, I’d be glad to watch you instead…” he smiled.

“Ehh??? A-Aniyo! It’s okay… I’m leaving anyway.” she turned and walked but Kai took her wrist. He pulled her hard that made her crash into him. “No… Just stay, please?” he pleaded.

Her eyes moved from side to side while biting her lower lip. “Hey… We’re just dancing. It’s not like I’m asking you to leave Sehun and be with me…” he smirked. ‘But how I wish that will happen…’

“O-Okay...” she forced a smile.

Kai released her from his grasp and took off his jacket. “Now! Why don’t I show you my stuff and see what dancing is all about…” he cockily smiled.

“Oh right! I forgot! Kim Jongin is THE BEST dancer ever lived!” she slapped her forehead in sarcasm.

“I am sweetie! My awesomeness will haunt you in your dreams!” he smirked.

Sunmi sat back on the floor by the mirror and watched him danced.

Her jaw instantly fell on the floor as soon as his feet moved. Kai was flawless and perfect as usual. He earned his title fair and square with his precise techniques. He completely jived with the music and his emotions were finely tuned to match his routine. ‘Uwaaaa~ I’m truly blessed and honored to have known him. He’s beyond perfection!’ she praised while her glistening eyes never left him.

Kai’s charisma overflowed even when he walked towards her after the song ended. He reached out a hand to her and she took it. He pulled her up and tugged her into the middle. “So what do you think?” he placed his hands on his hips while panting.

“You’re great, of course!” she patted his shoulder. “But there’s too much crotch grabbing. It’s distracting which seems dirty…” she scrunched her face while shaking her head from side to side.

“Mwoh??? You’re crazy! Girls love that part…” he bragged and continued. “Dirty? If that was dirty, you’ll…” she instantly covered his mouth with her hand. “What? I’ll fall to the ground when you show me y? I swear Jongin, your mouth has a life of its own and you said that to me before!” she hissed and his eyes smiled.

He raised his hand and pulled her wrist away. “Do you remember that time when we danced during your birthday?”

“Mhmm! Wae?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Can we do that again? Pleeaassseee?” he clasped both palms and begged.

“I already forgot the steps…” she shrugged.

“We can freestyle then!” he then placed his hands on her shoulders. “You can do it, Sunmi. Just trust your instincts and let the music own you.”

“Fine! Let me just get my jacket…” she looked at her skimpy outfit and turned but he stopped her. “No! You’re perfect as it is. Your body turns me on!” he teased.

“Forget it!” she pushed him and he ran in front of her. “Just kidding!” he snickered.

“You never changed, Jongin!” she rolled her eyes.

The mood became serious when they took their stances. They stood in the middle facing each other while holding hands. When the music played, they flowed as one. Bodies pressed together, his arms protectively wrapped her waist, his forehead on hers as his eyes sent messages to her. There was no malice with every contact. For him, she was delicate like a flower. For her, he was like a capital sin.

Kai and Sunmi moved around the room but never left each other’s gaze. The music carried their emotions and it heated up the whole studio. They bodywaved simultaneously while their hip s were coordinated. They were too caught up in a trance especially Kai who suddenly lifted her up and firmly held her thighs as she wrapped her legs around his waist. “Woah! Jongin…” she whispered in disapproval.

“Sshhh… Just dance with me, Sunmi.” then they spun around.

Little did they know, a camera phone was sticking out of a small gap by the door and recording their private show. “Wait ‘til the whole university sees this!” Jiyeon mused and left.

Kai placed her down right after the music stopped. She fanned herself while he went to his gym bag to get a bottle of water. “Here you go!” he gave it to her.

“Thanks!” she smiled and went back to sit on the floor by the mirror then Kai followed beside her.

They were both panting hard when awkwardness started to creep them. She kept drinking water while his eyes moved around the room. Her eyes however couldn’t stop glancing at his face. She’s looking at a troubled and dazed person and it pains her seeing him. “Stop it, Sunmi! And before you can even start, I don’t wanna talk about it!” he said while staring across the room.

“But Jongin? We can’t go on like this forever! Sehun is your friend!” she placed a palm on her chest.

Kai shifted to hold her face with both hands and stared deep in her eyes. “I know that, Sunmi! Just give me time, okay? And while you’re at it… Please, I beg you! Stop pushing me away.”

“Okay… I’m sorry if I kept nagging you about it. I just don’t want to come into a point where you and Sehun gets into a fight.”

“Don’t worry, we won’t! Our friendship is stronger… EXO is indestructible!” he assured her. “Now let’s go, before your boyfriend truly destructs my face.”

Kai pulled Sunmi up and held her backpack as they leave the dance studio.