Terror

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

“Thanks for taking me home, Jaejoong oppa!” Sunmi said after he stopped on the driveway.

“You’re welcome!” he replied.

“You wanna come in for dinner?” she pointed her thumb towards the door. “But just a heads up, I’m really not the best cook compared to the chefs at your house!” she added.

“Forget it then!” he started the engine and her face fell. “I’m just kidding! I’d love to see Sungmin again and taste your awful cooking…” he snickered.

“Oppaaa!” she aimed a punch but he raised both hands to block it. “Miahnae! Miahnae!”

Jaejoong hopped out and went to open Sunmi’s door. They walked into the house and were greeted by her brother, DO and Luhan. “Hyung!” Sungmin ran and hugged his thighs while his sister went straight to the kitchen.

“Aigooo! How are you buddy?” he lifted him up.

“I’m great! Did you bring me ice cream?” he grinned.

“Miahnae… I was just supposed to drop your noona off… But don’t worry, I’ll be back tomorrow and bring you a lot, is that okay?” he ruffled his hair.

“Sweeetttt!!!” he clapped his hands.

“Hyung! Whattup?” DO gave him a bro hug.

“I’m cool!” he replied.

“This is Luhan, by the way! He’s also an EXO but a sophomore in Yonsei University!” he introduced them.

“Sup man!” Jaejoong greeted and gave each other a bro hug.

“Nice to meet you, hyung!”

The boys stayed on the living room while waiting for Sunmi to finish preparing dinner. They played with her brother and would sometimes watch cartoons with him.

“Guys, dinner is ready!” she yelled and they scrambled to the dining room. “Yah! Wash your hands!” she slammed the ladle on the counter top.

“NEH!!!” they chorused.

Jaejoong lifted Sungmin closer to the sink after Luhan and DO left. “Finished!” they beamed and went back to the table. “Let’s eat!” DO announced and they took their chopsticks.

“I’ll eat a lot!” Jaejoong elbowed her side and warmly smiled to her.

“Are you seeing what I’m seeing?” Luhan whispered to DO.

“Clear as crystal!” he replied. “Aigooo~ Sunmi is indeed a guy magnet!” he added.

“Kyaaaaa~” Luhan pinched the bridge of his nose.

DO took charge in putting food in Sungmin’s plate while Sunmi served them. “So? How is it?” she asked Jaejoong.

“You’re Japchae is the BEST!” he raised a thumb. “I should move in here instead!” he joked.

“No way hyung! Me first! I’ve been here for a long time now!” DO scoffed.

“Then me!” Luhan raised his chopstick.

“No one is moving in! My life is peaceful as it is already!” she yelled.

Just as they continued eating and talking, a loud banging crash came through the window. Shards of glass rained on the floor startling all of them and scaring the little boy.

“NOONA!!!” Sungmin left his seat and hugged her while she instinctively reached out to Jaejoong’s arm.

“You guys stay here! Kyungsoo-ah! Luhannie! Watch them! I’ll check it out!” he stood and the two boys rushed over to the siblings side.

“Be careful!” she whispered.

Jaejoong tiptoed towards the living room where the sound came. Glasses smashed against his shoes with his step. He kept looking around for an intruder but only saw a hole as big as a baseball in the window. As he walks further, his eyes were instantly set on a round object under a coffee table. He kicked it at first and after it rolled and seemed safe, he picked it up. It was a rock wrapped in white paper which served as a warning.

STAY AWAY FROM SEHUN OR YOU AND YOUR BROTHER WILL SUFFER!!!

Jaejoong dropped the rock and ran out of the house. “Hyung!” Luhan followed him.

“Oppa! LuLu!” she shouted but they already left. “Kyungsoo-ah…” she worried and held his hand.

“Don’t worry, Sunmi! We’re not gonna let anything happen to you or dongsaeng!” he held them by his side.

Jaejoong and Luhan searched the vicinity for any signs of the person who dared threatened Sunmi. They scoured through bushes, parked cars, even across the street. “Hyung! Whoever threw that rock might have fled already!” Luhan commented. “I think so too! Let’s go back…”

They both went in and Jaejoong gave Sunmi the paper. Her hand covered her gaping mouth and choked at the contents. “O-Oppaaa! Is this really happening?” she stuttered.

“Sungmin-ah, why don’t you go with Kyungsoo hyung for a bit? Can you do that for me?” and he slowly nodded. DO pulled him up to the stairs while Luhan called EXO.

As soon as Sungmin has entered his room, Jaejoong sat and held her shoulders. “Sunmi-ah, I know how scary this is for you, but I for one won’t let anything happen to you or Sungmin. Understand?” she kept her head down while staring at the deadly words. “Hey… Hey, look at me.” he lifted her chin up and she followed his gaze. “Don’t worry, okay? Jaejoong oppa will take care of this!” he pressed her head on his shoulder.

Sunmi was in a state of shock and would barely talk. She just froze up to a point where she can hardly breathe and color draining from her face as she stared wide-eyed at the letter.

“SUNMI-AH!!!” Sehun came running through the door with the boys and rushed to her side making Jaejoong leave. “Baby… Hey… I’m here!” he cupped her face and stared at her lifeless eyes. “Don’t be scared… I’m here baby! Sehun’s here!”

Sunmi was a like a zombie having no emotions at all. She slowly lowered Sehun’s hands and stood “Sunmi?” he wondered.

“K-komawo oppa…” she murmured to Jaejoong who was talking to Kris and Suho. “N-Nehhh…” he stuttered.

They all stared at her dumbfounded. Sehun’s confused eyes followed her staggering figure up the stairs while the paper glided down the floor. Instead of heading to her room, Sunmi went straight to Sungmin’s where DO just managed to make him sleep. “Kyungsoo-ah, it’s okay. I’ll take over...” she then went into his blanket and immediately closed her eyes.

Sehun came in afterwards and saw the siblings in each other’s arms. He sat on the edge of the bed beside her and DO stood in front of him. “Bro, let her rest for now. She was so scared earlier and you wouldn’t make any sense if you talk to her…” he patted his shoulder. Sehun dropped his head and clenched fist. ‘I’m gonna ing kill whoever did this!’ He stood and kissed her cheek. “Love you babe!” he whispered and they left.

Sehun stomped down the stairs and picked up the threatening letter. His eyes narrowed at every word. “Son of a ! I’m gonna get you myself!” he crumpled the paper and ran out of the house.

“Sehun-ah!” Where are you going?” Luhan yelled and followed him.

“Go with him! Make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid!” Jaejoong told Suho and faced the eldest. “Kris, you’re going with me to the police station…”

“Neh!” the leaders replied and Jaejoong turned to the remaining boys. “The rest of you, stay here! Lock the doors and if something comes up, call us!”

“NEH!!!” they chorused.

-----------

Three sports cars swerve through the expressway with Sehun on the lead trailed by Luhan and Suho. They drifted with every turn and switched from one lane to the other. “Hyung! Do you know where he is heading?” Luhan asked Suho through a bluetooth headset.

“I don’t know as well. Just follow him!” the other replied.

“Neh!” he stepped on the gas harder.

Sehun eventually skidded to a stop in front of a high rise condominium building. Their tires left marks on the asphalt with smell of burning rubber lingering in the air. They all jumped out of their cars and stormed the lobby.

Luhan ran in front of Sehun and held his shoulders. “Sehun-ah! Care to explain first where we are?” he panted.

“We’re in Medusa’s lair! Wae? You wanna stop me?” he glared at him and Sehun released him. “Ani! I just wanna know what we’re getting ourselves into!” he smirked.

They went straight to the elevator and Sehun pressed a number. “How did you know where your fake fiancé lives?” Suho wondered.

“Divine intervention!” he snorted. “Actually from my mom…” he tightened his leather gloves.

They stood in front of Jiyeon’s loft while Sehun frantically pounded the doorbell. “Yah! Stop that! I’m coming already!!!” she yelled and opened door.

Sehun swiftly grabbed her neck with one hand and pushed her in while Luhan and Suho closed the door behind them. “DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT DO IT???” he growled.

“W-What are you talking a-about?” she choked while slapping his wrist until she landed on a couch.

“Don’t play dumb with me or I’m gonna ing kill you!” he hissed as he hovered on top of her.

“I d-don’t know w-what you’re talking about?” she gasped.

“Didn’t I tell you that I can be the baddest mother er if you mess with me? Huh?” he tightened his grasp and her eyes started to roll back. “I-I swear… I don’t know… w-what you’re talking about!” she struggled.

“We’re you the one who sent threats to Sunmi’s house? ANSWER ME!!!” his throat rumbled.

“I d-dint…” she grumbled.

Luhan looked at her paling face and purpled lips. “Dude! I think she’s telling the truth. Let her go.” he held Sehun’s tensed arm and he did. He snatched a decor from the table and hurled it to the window. It collapsed into pieces and the earsplitting shards of glass that reached the floor made her flinch.

Suho crouched in front of Jiyeon after Sehun walked back while she hugged her knees. “If I find out that you’re lying, you will not just get it from him but from me as well. I’m gonna skin you alive and feed you to the dogs. Got that?” he smiled while her face. Her face was stricken with terror as she feared for her life for the first time. All she could do is nod when refused to open. “Good! At least your brain still works!” he ruffled her hair.

“Dude, let’s go!” Suho tapped Sehun’s arm and they slammed the door leaving Jiyeon shaking in horror.

“I’m gonna find that son of a !” Sehun clenched his fist.