Open Mind

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Saturday night came and I decided to hang out at Club Seoul. I manned the bar together with the two dashing bartenders, Mino and Alex.

“It’s nice having you here from to time. I’m getting sick of Mino’s face already!” Alex complained.

“You’re still crazy sunbae!” I slapped his arm.

I was supposed to wear my old uniform but Teddy refused so I’m stuck in a fitting tube dress paired with black low cut Chucks. People came pouring in when the night deepened. Girls were towering with their killer heels while guys reek with dizzying scents of strong perfumes.

I was busy refilling the fridge when Mino called me. “Sunmi-ah, can you bring this over to VIP #3?” he pointed a tray of three beers on the counter.

“Sure!” then I fixed my dress and hair before leaving the bar. The weight was not that heavy but maneuvering through the crowd was the challenge. Some patrons would wave and greet me while others would tumble in front of me. ‘Aish! Such rowdy kids!’

I hastened upon reaching the stairs and stopped in front of third booth. “Sunmi?” a raspy voice called and it caught my attention right away.

“Jaejoong oppa!” I looked around him and I almost dropped the tray after getting excited. “Yunho oppa! Junsu oppa! You’re here!”

DBSK’s leader suddenly stood and took the tray off my hands. “Komawo!” I beamed. He placed it on the table and pulled me into the booth while the other two look stunned. They never spared a blink while looking at me from head to toe then Yunho made me sit with them.

“Y-you work here?” Jaejoong stuttered beside me.

“I used to work here as a bartender but the owner of this place which is my uncle made me stop… But I still help out from time to time.” I smiled. “What about you guys? I’ve never seen you here before! I’m pretty sure this is your first time!”

Jaejoong just stared at me so Junsu was the one who talked. “Some friends recommended it so we gave it a try. Turns out, my girlfriend is here all along.” he suddenly placed an arm around my neck and pulled me towards his armpit.

“Oppaaaa!” I slapped his tummy.

“I just miss you, jagiya!” he kissed my head.

Jaejoong stood and broke us apart by squeezing himself in between us making Junsu sulk in a corner. “Yah! You’re one helluva jealous guy, don’t you know that!” he faked a punch while Jaejoong turned his back on him and faced me. “So? Where’s Sehun? Are they here? Tell them to join us!”

“Nah! Boys night out…” I fixed my hair.

“You’re okay with it?” he asked.

“Of course! I keep an open mind and I trust him! Besides, he and EXO are entitled to enjoy by themselves without someone holding them back.” I honestly smiled. “But they’ll be here later on to pick me up!” I added.

Jaejoong became serious all of a sudden. He raised his hand to my face and my cheek with his thumb. His eyes were studying mine and I was starting to melt from the heat of his stare. My pet butterflies were zooming around my stomach while my brain buzzed from his electrifying touch. It’s as if we’ve been staring at each other for such a long time when I noticed the people around us disappear and the thundering music became muffled.

‘I swear! This guy can be scary at times! Damn those eyes!’ I thought.

“Ehem…” Yunho cleared his throat and Jaejoong blinked. He looked down and drank from his bottle while I grabbed the tray then stood.

“Well… I still have work to do so I’ll leave you for now… If you need anything, just let me know, okay?”

“We will, jagiya!” Junsu poked my arm while I passed in front of him.

“You’re just too adorable, oppa!” I pinched his cheek and skipped down to the bar.

-----------

The three of them watch Sunmi squeeze her way through the crowd. However frail her body was, she still managed to be perky and upbeat while hugging the circular tray. “Aigooo! That girl never fails to amaze me…” Yunho remarked and took a sip.

“Mhmmm… If ever I’ll fall in love again, it will definitely be her… But I can’t ask her to love me back coz that wouldn’t be right. So I just hope she’ll let me!” Jaejoong said with his grave eyes glued on Sunmi then he emptied his bottle. The other two looked at each other and Junsu moved closer to him and placed an arm around his shoulder. “Take it easy, bro! Sunmi is a very nice girl and she’s really not that hard to get along with but you have to think of Sehun too.”

“I know that… That’s why I’m trying so hard to hold my feelings.” Jaejoong clasped his hands while placing his elbows on his knees.

“Aigooo~ This is so much like in high school… Young love… Sweet love…” Yunho giggled making Jaejoong smile. “That’s right bro. Just smile and enjoy the emotions that our sweet Sunmi brings.” he patted his shoulder.

The three of them left the booth after a few laughs and went down to the bar. All eyes were on them while swooning girls were too stunned to react at their intimidating yet charismatic aura. They walked as if they floated off the ground with a permanent spotlight hovering them. “Hot damn! How can they be so perfect!” says a drooling girl.

“Are they even human?” replied the other.

They sat on the high stools and grinned all at once to Sunmi after she saw them. “Oh !” she clutched her chest. “Yah! You scared me!” she hurled a table napkin on Jaejoong’s face.

“What the ? Those girls thought we’re gods while you on the other hand, thought we’re ghosts? You’re unbelievable, Sunmi!” he threw the napkin back to her head.

“Then stop appearing in front of me! You’re not studying in Hogwarts where you can just pop out of nowhere!” she scoffed.

“Yeah! Yeah! Whatever! Jagiya, I want a glass of orange juice for all of us!” Junsu demanded.

“Right away, Junsu oppa!” she said with full of sarcasm.

They snickered while watching her. “So cute!” Yunho added.

DBSK continued pestering Sunmi while she worked behind the bar. She never complained coz she was enjoying their company as well.

“I’ll be back!” she told them.

Sunmi was making her way into the washroom when a buffed guy bumped into her and she fell. “Watch it!” he hissed.

“I’m sorry!” she quickly stood and bowed.

The guy checked her from head to toe and bit his lip. “I’ll forgive you if you spend the night the with me…”

“Excuse me?” she shook her head and continued walking.

“Hey! Don’t be rude! I’m still talking to you!” he grabbed her wrist.

“Let go of me!” she slapped his hand but his grasp was too strong. “YAAHHH!!!” she screamed.

“, stop playing hard to get!” he yanked her towards him and aimed a kiss on her bare neckline.

Then a solid jab landed on his face. He fell on the floor and blood oozed out of his broken nose. “Mother er! Get a life, you son of a !” Jaejoong sat on top of him and striked with a few more rounds of punches.

“Oppa! That’s enough…” Sunmi tried pulling him away but he resisted. “Jaejoong opppaaaa!”

It took Yunho and Jusnu to pull him away from the guy who was about to lose consciousness. “That’s enough bro. He already got the message for sure!” the latter said.

Jaejoong turned and cupped Sunmi’s face. “Gwenchana? Are you hurt?” he moved her from side to side and checked her body.

“I’m okay… Thanks!” she smiled while rubbing her throbbing wrist.

“Sunmi-ah! Are you okay?” Teddy came running to her and two bouncers dragged the bloody guy out.

“Neh! Don’t worry…” she smiled. “Oppa! They are my friends. Jaejoong, Junsu and Yunho!”

“Annyeong haseyo!” DBSK bowed to Teddy.

“Oh hi! Whattup?!” he nodded. “Let’s go to the office and ice that nasty oo…” he eyed her swelling wrist.

“Okay…” they all walked into the club's office and continued to converse there instead.