Wrong Timing

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Sehun just stepped out of a tailor shop to get measured for his tuxedo. He took out his phone after getting into his car and dialed Sunmi. He fixed his bangs on the mirror while waiting but she never came on. “What the hell?” and he tried again. After redialing for a couple of times, he grew frustrated. “Yah! Why are you not answering my call? Are you busy with Jongin hyung again? Aish!” he yelled at his wallpaper which is a pretty Sunmi smiling with two fingers formed like a V on her cheek. “You better answer this time or I will truly believe there’s something going on!” The still picture stared back at him with gentle eyes and warm smile. “I’m just kidding, babe! Kekeke!” He kissed his phone and dialed Suho this time.

“Hyung!” he gripped the steering wheel. “Sehun-ah! Wassup?” the leader replied.

“I’m cool! Are you with Sunmi? She’s not answering my calls!” he drew his phone to another ear. “She must’ve left her phone in her bag... Well anyway, yeah we were but we already took her home.”

“Oh really? I’ll go to her house then! Thanks hyung!” he was about to hung up but Suho interrupted him. “Bro! You gotta talk to her. She misses you dearly and there’s a lot that’s been happening to her which I’m pretty sure you don’t know yet.”

“Me too hyung! But what do you mean?” he wondered. “Just talk to her okay?”

“Neh! I will… Komawo!” and they hung up.

Sehun tossed his phone on the seat beside him and sped off. His eyes narrowed at the windshield trying to comprehend Suho’s words. It rammed his brain at dizzying pace and negative thoughts kicked in. ‘What is he talking about? Is it something to do with Jongin hyun?” He squeezed the wheel making the leather cover almost rip. ‘Aniya! Aniya! Stop it Sehun!’ he shook his head.

The car screeched to a stop when he suddenly stepped on the brakes. He parked behind a Mclaren and walked towards it. “What is this doing here so late?” he peeked through the driver’s seat window. ‘Some of the guys are probably still here…’ he then strutted to the door.

Sunmi skipped down the stairs with a pillow and blanket on hand while humming a tune. “I lost my mind... Noreul choeummannasseultte…”

Sehun’s face lit up at the sight of her. She was like an angel coming down from heaven singing with her serene voice. “Sun…” He moved a step but froze when she turned to the living room and stopped in front of a lying figure on the couch. “…mi…” the last syllable came off as a whisper. His face noticeably became glum and he slowly walked backwards to the door still keeping his eyes on her.

Sunmi took off Kai’s jacket then his shoes and tucked a pillow under his head. “I always knew alcohol is your biggest weakness! Aish!” Kai suddenly pulled her and clasped his hand at her back. “No it’s not! You are my biggest weakness, Sunmi!” he slurred half asleep and Sehun clenched his fist.

“Whatever Jongin! You’re drunk!” she pushed her hands against his chest but he pressed her head on his neck.”Kim Jongin! Let go of me or I will kick you out of the house!” she muffled under his clutch.

“You don’t have the guts to do that.” he smirked.

Sehun moved another step to free her but Kai shifted and cupped her face with both hands. Alcohol may have impaired his senses but his sharp eyes on her says otherwise. It was meaningful, hungry, and begging. “Your magic is powerful, intoxicating. I'm a moth caught in your net, unable and unwilling to escape. Can I be yours instead?”

Sehun became light-headed and disoriented. His mind begins buzzing with what he just heard while his lips quivered and has to raise a hand to muffle his heavy breaths. He remained frozen with Kai and Sunmi staring at each other on sight, but shock began to melt away when anger took over.

It’s like a switch went on when a wrong button has been pushed sending electricity from his brain down to the tips of his toes. Hot rage burned in his veins. His fists were itching to mangle Kai’s entire being… but he walked away.

Sehun slammed his car door and sunk his face on the steering wheel. “SON OF A !!! How could you do this to me? We’re supposed to be brothers!!!” he shouted until his throat ran dry. “STUPID !!!” His fist finally landed on the wheel repeatedly and never stopped until he drained all his energy. “GOD *punch* DAMNIT! *punch* Wae Jongin? *punch* WAAEEE???”

Only one person can calm his soul, melt the fire in his chest with just a stare, dry his tears with just a touch. She was just within reach but for him, she kept moving further away. He crossed both arms on the wheel and went back to cower in it. “Sunmi, I need you! Don’t leave me!” he pleaded with tears pouring down his face. “Don’t go baby… I’ll die if you do… Jebal Sunmi!!!” he wept.

Back in the house, Sunmi pressed her finger on his forehead and pushed it back on the pillow. “You’re drunk and crazy! That’s a deadly combo! Now sleep!” she stood and pointed the same finger to his face.

“What? I was just practicing a famous line for a presentation in our drama club!” he rolled his eyes.

“Yah! You really love making fun of me, don’t you?” she hissed.

“Slight!” he grinned and she slammed the blanket on his chest. “ you!” and she stomped to her room.

“Good night to you as well, Sunmi!” he snorted.