Eye Of The Storm

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Morning came and everything was normal except for Sehun’s absence. Sunmi has been calling him until his phone went dead. It was unusual for him to reject her calls especially when he answers it after 2 rings. Well, that’s how he usually does anyway.

Sunmi brushed it off thinking that he skipped his morning classes given the tiring night. She went ahead with her routine. Going from one classroom to another. up to her professors. Exchanging messages with Jinsuk and the boys.

Lunch came and they all met up at the lounge. “Oppa! Have you heard anything from Sehun?” she asked Suho.

“Nope! Wae?” he ate a slice of kimbap.

“I don’t think he went to school today and he hasn’t been answering his phone! When was the last time you saw him?” she added while gnawing on a piece of corn.

“Last night, at the gathering… Wait, I’ll try to call him!” Suho pulled out his phone and failed miserably in contacting Sehun. “Ehh? That’s weird. He never turns off his phone!”

“I know right? Aish! I hate it when he makes me worried!” she scoffed.

Baekhyun was the last one to come in. “Hey guys! Look what I got!” he beamed and showed them a cd.

“Oh look how shiny and round it is!” DO exclaimed with sarcasm.

“HA! HA! Very funny!” he scowled and approached a huge flat screen TV. “Someone placed it in my locker. Prolly from an avid fan…” he giggled.

“Hyung! We can’t watch when Sunmi and Jinsuk are here.” Kai snorted.

“Eeewww!!! You’re disgusting!” the girls squirmed.

“It’s okay! My girl needs to learn a thing or two!” Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows and earned himself a smack in the head. “Excuse me! Last time I checked it’s you who needs to learn A LOT of things!” Jinsuk smirked.

“OOohh!!!” the boys chuckled together with Sunmi.

“What are you laughing at Mary? Sehun must be screwing with some girl right now after you keep turning him down…” Chanyeol snickered and got slapped in the chest. “Yeollie, your mouth!” Jinsuk pointed at his face.

Sunmi’s face fell and glared at him. “Thanks sis… And it’s not funny Park Chanyeol!”

“Miahn…” he cowered behind his girlfriend.

Baekhyun walked back with a remote. “Enough of that… Let’s watch my fanvid instead!” and sat beside Kris. “Hyung! Hand me some sushi, please!” He pressed a button then a clip started playing.

The video started off shaky and blurry when the person in front of it was trying to position the camcorder for a better angle. “Wo-ho-hoah!!!” Kai got delighted upon seeing a body of what appears to be a girl only wrapped in white sheets and almost covered the entire screen. “Hyung! Your fan must love you this much, huh?”

“Turn it off!” Sunmi looked away.

“It’s not for God sake! Aish!” Baekhyun protested and they continued watching.

It suddenly stopped moving and they tilted their heads to get a clearer view. It was placed on top of a table facing a huge bed. A coffee table stood beside it with an intricate lamp shade on top. Floor to ceiling windows were on the side showing nearby skyscrapers.

“I’ll bet my entire fortune she’s in a hotel room!” DO smirked.

The girl ran her fingers through her hair and sat back at the edge of the bed.

“Yeorobeun! Annyeong!” she waved and they gasped. Silence filled the room then cold tensed air seeped through their skins.

Sunmi raised her hand to cover her gaping mouth and froze. She’s trying to convince herself that what she’s thinking could be wrong. ‘Please don’t! I beg you! Please!’

Jiyeon gripped her covering and greeted them. “Hey guys!” she whispered. “I’ll just keep this short coz I don’t want to disturb my very special guest. He’s asleep and tired so I don’t want him getting rough with me again.” she snickered and they looked at each other worriedly.

Sunmi gripped the cushion on her lap while Kris watched her from behind. He already has an idea on what might happen. Looking at the screen serves no purpose when he knows Sunmi could breakdown any minute. ‘I just hope it’s not it…’

“Well anyway…” Jiyeon continued and backed up to the bed without breaking her eye contact to the camcorder. “I’m pretty sure someone is missing in your group by now… Don’t fret! Park Jiyeon will save you all from your misery!” the camera zoomed in as she reached the headboard.

A second round of deafening gasps passed after another figure came in sight. He was lying on his stomach with an arm dangling on the side of the bed. His shirtless back showed while a white sheet covered him waist down.

“Se-Sehun?” Sunmi stuttered. She scanned her brain for words, something to express the shock that coursed through her, but nothing came. It was a mix of seeing a ghost and death on the face. The hand from slowly slips down to clutch the skin of her chest. It was about to explode. It was getting tighter and tighter making hard for her to breathe.

Jiyeon swiftly jumped off the bed and tiptoed to get the camera. She brought it back with her and raised it above her head. She was making faces at first while adjusting the screen then laid her head on Sehun’s back. “Sehun is with me… So you don’t have to worry, a’right?” she murmured. “You guys have to forgive me as well coz I had to slap him a few times coz he was some ’s name last night. UGH! It totally ticked me off! But I forgive him, he made it up to me anyway.” she giggled.

“That ing piece of ! I’m gonna rip out!” Jinsuk charged to the screen but Chanyeol wrapped his arms around her. “Hey… Easy… Ssshhh…”

Their eyes shifted to Sunmi who was a quivering wreck. Her lips, chin, knuckles, knees, every part of her shook. Her eyes have gone empty when her whirling stomach made her world spin.

 Jiyeon drew the camera closer and pointed a finger to it. “Sunmi-ah! I had a party last night ... Sorry you couldn’t come! But your boyfriend did... TWICE!!!” she covered while spazzing.

Sunmi covered her ears and sunk her face on the cushion. “No this isn’t happening! This can’t be!!! AAHHHHH!!!” trembled at her loudest scream. She pressed her palms tighter to avoid any sound and rocked from front to back. “ANDWAE!!! NOOOO!!! UGGHHH!!!”

“Turn that ing thing off! Goddamnit!” Jinsuk hissed and Baekhyun grabbed the remote. She then leaped over the table. “Sunmi-ah! Look at me! Hey…” she kneeled while trying to raise her friend’s head. “Sweetie, c’mon! Look at me, damn it! Don’t believe anything that you saw. That is crazy and you know that! She’s just tricking us!”

Sunmi suddenly stood and aimed for the door. She strutted towards it then Jinsuk ran in front of her. “Don’t run Sunmi! We will fix this, okay?” she held her shoulders.

“We don’t have anything to fix! Are you blind?” she yelled. “You and I both know what happened and you expect me to believe that we can FIX IT! THIS JINSUK!!!” she shoved her aside.

“I swear to God, Sunmi! I’m gonna punch you so hard so that sense will creep up to your confused brain!” then Chanyeol rushed up to her and held her arms.

“Go ahead! I doubt it will work coz I don't give a anymore! Actually, I already ran out of s to give!!!”

EXO and Jinsuk watched her run while Kris followed. The chilly wind slammed on her face and as she squinted her eyes, tears dropped like a downpour. Her hair bounced against the wind as her feet kept moving. She reached the main gate and sprinted on. Some bystanders would cuss at her after bumping into them and ignored them. Feeling light-headed and disoriented, she continued running down the alley not knowing where to go. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand trying to block the memory out but it just keeps on coming back.

The bomb in her chest just exploded. It’s as if her scar could open in an instant so the shrapnel could escape from it. The world she once had with Sehun came crashing down right in her face. What she thought would never happened, actually did happen and it’s tearing her apart from one limb to another.

Sunmi slowed down when sharp wheezes escaped through . Her ribcage could almost pop when her lungs fight for air. She pressed the heels of her hands into her eyes until she saw nothing but sparkles. It was however replaced by the terrifying scenes so she had to shake it off.

Sunmi leaned against a wall and slowly slid down. She hugged her knees and sunk her face in it. The burning sensation and rage are going all at once that tears kept flowing down from her burning red eyes. “Wae? Wae??? What did I do to deserve this? WHAATTTT???” she growled.

A shadow hovered her and warmth engulfed her body. Kris bent and wrapped his cloudlike arms around her. “Sunmi… I know I can’t do or say anything to make you feel better but I hope this is enough…”

“Kris, You know very well that I’m not that strong! But why does it always have to be me? WAE???” she bawled with a muffled voice.

“Because you always go back up… I was there when you drowned, I heard that bullet went through your chest, I saw how much you’ve fallen but you kept on going. You’re stronger than you’ve ever known, Sunmi!” he rubbed her back.

“I dunno Kris! This might just be my last!” she raised her head and forced smile.

Sunmi broke away from him and stood. “I’m sorry Kris… Forgive me…” she wiped her tears and continued running.

“Sunmi-ah! NOOO!!!” he followed her but she hopped into a cab and disappeared from his sight. ‘! Don’t do anything stupid Sunmi! Or I will ing kill you myself!' He kicked the ground and placed his hands on his hips. “Sehun where are you? Damn it!”