Troubled

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

I kicked off my heels after reaching the hotels main entrance. My head moved from side to side trying to see which way to head but my feet involuntarily moved in an empty street.

I gripped on my tulle skirt as I ran. My brain functioned but it was useless. In fact it was making me feel worse for I can only see Sehun’s dad and Jiyeon’s face laughing and mocking me.

“Do you really think I’m gonna let my son marry a girl like you? Oh please! You’re way too over your head!” he laughed.

“Yah! You’re pretty and all but Sehun is only for me. We’re perfect for each other!” Jiyeon taunted.

“URGGHHH!!!” I stopped and screamed my heart out. “ YOU! I ing hate you! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!” I have so much hate in my system that I can lash out on anyone who looks at me. My blood is boiling that I can hardly feel the freezing surface against my feet. The butterflies in my stomach flew up to my lungs that I can hardly feel I’m fighting for air and not a single tear fell as I continued running away.

----------

Kris and Kai slowed down when they saw Sunmi’s shoes. They looked around but couldn’t find any traces of her. “Jongin! You go that way, I go this way! Call me if you find her!” Kris pointed towards an empty street.

“Neh!” Kai nodded and they left.

 

 

Kris went to the same path where Sunmi ran. He jogged forward while looking around and sometimes backwards just to make sure he didn’t miss a single spot. He ed his jacket and grabbed his hair while anxiously waiting for the stop light to come off. ‘Where are you Sunmi? Goddamnit!’

The green light appeared and he sprinted across the street. ‘Please be okay… Please be okay…’ he worried. Just as he was about to make a turn into a curb, he heard a scream. He followed the voice and it was replaced by a series of wheezes.

Kris saw Sunmi bending with hands on her knees while catching for air. “Sunmi-ah!” he ran up to her and held her shoulders. “Are you hurt? Are you okay?” he pulled her into a hug. “Don’t you ever do that again?”

She pushed him though. “Let go of me! Leave me alone!” she turned and hurriedly walked.

“No! I’m not leaving you!” he ran in front of her and stretched his arms out.

“What the do you want, huh? Do you want to know how I feel? Do you wanna see me cry until I’ve gone dry? Is that what you want?” she growled on his face.

“YES! That’s what I want! I want to know what it’s in here!” he yelled back and poked her forehead. “And here!” he poked her chest.

“I feel like ! I want to crawl into a hole and drown into my own tears but I can’t… Not a single ing one will drop! HAPPY???” she slammed her fist on his chest. “I ing hate myself!” she hit him again. “How can they do this to me, Kris?” another punch landed his torso.

“I can take all those hits from you… Just be okay!” he softly held her arms.

Sunmi kept hitting Kris until she got tired. She dropped on her knees but he caught her. He pulled her onto his lap as he sat on the pavement. “Kris, I don’t think I can deal with this crap anymore.” she whispered.

“You have to Sunmi. If you love Sehun, fight for him! Be with him! Show the world how much you love your best friend and your soul mate.” he removed strands from her face. “Don’t give up that easily! You’re far stronger than you’ve ever known and that’s one of the million reasons why I loved you. Remember that!”

“Just be here with me and I’ll be fine. You guys are my strength and I need you in this battle.” she looked up to him while gripping his jacket.

“We will! Don’t worry…” he smiled and kissed her forehead. “Now let’s go home. Sehun must be worried already!”

Kris took his jacket off and made her wear it then carried her bridal style as he stood. “I can walk y’know!” she whined.

“Do you really think I’m gonna let my princess walk barefoot? Tch!” he smirked.

“Komawo!” she whispered.

“Anything for you sweetie!” he smiled.

----------

Kris got off a cab in front of her house and carried her in. Sehun paced in the living room with the rest of EXO while Jinsuk fell asleep on Chanyeol’s shoulder on the couch.

“Hyung!” Sehun rushed to him. He moved Sunmi over his arms without waking her up and sunk his lips on her cold cheek. “Don’t worry babe… I’ll fix this!” he whispered and walked up the stairs.

“Sehun-ah!” Suho called and he turned. “We’ll be here for you guys… No matter what!”

“I know that hyung! Komawo!”