It's Not Over

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

The following day, Sehun and I went to school as our usual selves just like before Jiyeon came. Walking hand in hand through the hallway, dropping me off my class, giggle at his messages during lectures, then fetches me again after dismissal.

“Sunmi-ah! Sehun-ah!” someone called us right after we left my classroom.

We turned. “Jinki hyung! Wassup?” they exchanged bro hugs. “Oppa annyeong~” and he ruffled my hair.

“I’m so happy to see you both back together!” he patted our arms.

“Thanks oppa… Where’s Taemin?” I asked.

“He still has dance practice, but he said, he’ll see you later…”

“Oh cool! Well, we gotta go oppa! See ya’ around!” I bowed.

“Bye MiMi! Bye Sehun!” he bowed to us.

Sehun draped an arm around my shoulder and we continued walking. “It’s amazing how the school doesn’t even care that you’re with me yet I’m about to marry a witch tomorrow.” he chuckled.

“It’s not funny babe… I can’t even sleep thinking about it!” I sighed. “I can’t bear the thought of you and her together. It’s matrimony for crying out loud! It’s a union between two people and it includes a vow that’s gonna be hard to break.” my shoulders and head dropped in frustration.

We stopped walking and he cupped my face. “Miahnae… Just think of it as getting married in paper. I won’t let that get near me, touch me, talk to me, or whatever! I’m yours baby! I’m all yours! Okay?" and I nodded. “Come here! I want a kiss…”

I s my arms around his waist and pulled him. I leaned closer, then our lips touched. With eyes shut, Sehun slowly opened his mouth and gently let his tongue a little farther into mine until the tip of our tongues meet. It was electrifying. I can taste the mint from the ice cream he had before fetching me. He pulled a deep breath and pressed the back of my head, leaving no gaps between us. Noses touching, lips battling it out. We’re in a trance.

“Ehem! Don’t you know PDA is forbidden in this school?” we broke apart. Junsu stood with arms crossed on his chest and raising an eyebrow, having Jaejoong beside him.

“Miahnae oppa!” I pressed my lips together.

“Hyung! You’re just making that up. I saw you making out with a girl in the gym two days ago…” Sehun blurted.

“You what?” Jaejoong punched his arm. “OW!” he rubbed the spot.

Jaejoong then went to us and draped each arms on our shoulder. “Glad to see you both happy. Stay stronger, okay?”

“We will, oppa! Komawo!” I hugged him from the side.

“Hyung! I never got the chance to thank you for bringing my girl back. Komawo!” Sehun added.

“It’s nothing bro!” they exchanged bro hugs and Jaejoong went back to Junsu. “You and I need to talk!” he clipped his ears. “AHH! Apa! Hyung!”

“Stop complaining! You can’t just go around making out with a random girl in this school. You are so getting it from all of us!” and he walked with a whimpering Junsu beside him.

Sehun and I went straight to the lounge after. The boys finally managed to get a bigger couch enough for all of us but Jinsuk and I still preferred sitting on our boyfriend’s laps. “What? We like it here!” Jinsuk hissed at DO’s staring face.

Kris came in with Tao. They were happily talking in their own language and showing off random kung fu moves when something caught my eye after he spun. It was shining back at me, a silver gun tucked at the back of his waistline.

I jumped off from Sehun and rushed to him. “Hand it to me!” I opened my palm.

They stopped goofing around and looked at me wide eyed. “What?”

“Don’t what me, Kris! You know what I’m talking! Hand it over!” I sneered.

“What’s going on?” Suho asked from the couch while the rest of them watched.

“Oppa, isn’t it dangerous to carry a weapon around? Especially at school?” I asked while glaring at Kris.

“Neh!” he replied and averted his attention to Kris. “Hyung?”

Kris pulled a deep breath and showed us his gun. “What the hell? Hyung! Since when did you start carrying that around?” Chanyeol stood and poked it.

“Since Chen warned me about how dangerous Jiyeon can get!” he explained but I can’t accept it. Just the sight of makes me shiver. It’s like staring death in the face.

“Kris, hand it over!” I sneered while wiggling my fingers.

“Miahnae Sunmi… I can’t! Unless that is dead or locked up somewhere, I’m not giving you this!” he hid it back to his waist.

“Goddamnit! Ugh!” I grabbed my hair and he held my shoulders. “Look! I won’t do anything stupid, okay? You know me, I handle weapons responsibly and I’m not some trigger happy psycho…”

“Fine! Whatever! Just keep that out of my sight!” I walked back to Sehun.”You should talk to him babe! It’s not safe at all.”

“I will, even though I understand him…” he hugged me.

“Can we eat now?” Kai scoffed and we all agreed.

We were in the middle of lunch and enjoying random conversation when Luhan and Lay came running through the door. “Wassup yeorobeun!” they both greeted excitedly.

“Woah! Someone’s in a good mood!” Baekhyun smiled.

“ yeah we are! And you guys will do the same if you hear one helluva very good news!” Luhan grinned while rubbing his palms.

“What is it?” Suho asked and they grinned at each other. “Oh c’mon! Stop killing us with the suspense already!” he yelled.

“Okay! Geez!” Luhan smiled while Lay remained composed and calm. “THE WEDDING IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!” he shouted.

“MWOH???” we all stood and Sehun ran up to him. “Hyung! If you’re joking, please don’t! It’s not funny at all!” he held his shoulders.

“He’s not joking, Sehun! I talked to my dad to drop Congressman Park as a stockholder from our company and push through with the merge with your dad.” Lay explained.

Sehun raised his hand to cover his gaping mouth. His confused eyes slowly moved to Lay. He was too shocked to process every detail he said and only two words prevailed in his brain, wedding, and over. “Holy mother of God! Is it really happening?” he stuttered.

I suddenly ran up to him and jumped on Sehun. “Baby! Did you hear that?” I cried on his shoulders after he caught me. “I know, babe! Oh my God! I can’t believe it!” we spun around while he lifted me off the ground. “Sehun-ah… I’m so happy!” I cried.

“Me too baby! Me too! Oh God…” we hugged and cried as if we floated mid-air after a heavy boulder has been lifted off our shoulders.

EXO were rejoicing in their seats as well while Kris walked up to them. “How did this happen? I don’t get it?” he asked with the biggest smile that escaped his lips.

“Well, this guy right here is one of the three sons of Zhang Corporation’s CEO.” Luhan placed a hand on Lay’s shoulder. “Hello? Zhang Yixing! Does it ring a bell?” he added.

“Right! Holy Mother of God! What a small world? But why didn’t you tell us in the first place?” Kris pounded his fist with Lay. “But why didn’t you tell us? You could’ve spared all of us this misery, y’know?”

“I didn’t know about this whole merge until Luhan told me everything about the arranged marriage thing. Like, how it started, who were the schemers behind it, everything… and that was it! A light bulb just flicked in my head when he mentioned our company.” he explained. “Luhan then went home with me to my pad and helped me discuss the problem with my father. That’s why we went MIA yesterday.” he grinned.

“Uwaaaa~ That is so cool!” Chanyeol’s mouth dropped.

“Yeah! This is by far daebak!” DO raised both thumb.

Sehun pulled away from me and walked back to Lay. “Thanks man! You just don’t know what difference you’ve made… You saved my life, bro! Like literally! You saved me from the clutch of a demon!” he hugged him.

“It’s nothing man! It’s more than enough for the kind of friendship y’all gave me, especially from Sunmi.” he smiled coyly. “By the way, I talked to your dad on the phone… He wanted me to tell you how proud he is with the way you handled this whole ordeal. Good job bro!” they exchanged bro hugs.

“That’s because I have him and mom, and all of you of course!” Sehun tearfully bowed to them. “What about me?” I pouted behind him. “Aigooo~ Come here! You don’t even have to ask babe!” he hugged me oh so tightly.

“I’m so glad it’s all over now! Kyaaaaa~” Chanyeol twinkled his eyes.

“Says who???” a high pitched voice rang through the door.

Jiyeon came in walking with a semi automatic pistol pointing at anyone she can get her eyes on. She grabbed the nearest person in her path, and it was Luhan. “KAI, SEHUN, SUNMI! STAY!!! THE REST OF YOU GET OUT!!!” she pointed the barrel on his throat. “NOW!!!”

Kris was gripped his gun but decided to let go when he saw her push the hammer down. “Don’t test my patience, DAMN IT! NOW GO BEFORE I BLOW HIS BABY FACE OFF!” she shouted.

“Guys! Move!” Suho sneered and the slowly walked out of the lounge.

Chanyeol gripped Jinsuk from behind who kept her glare at Jiyeon. “What do you want, ? Do you want to be the first?” she averted her gun to Jinsuk’s face and Chanyeol moved in front of her. “We’re leaving a’right?” he hissed.

“I thought so… The rest of you, move it! PPALLI!!!” she raged and fired one shot at the ceiling.

We all cowered at the ringing vibration. A smell of sulfur suddenly filled the room and a smoke escaped the barrel. Sehun hugged me in an instant while Kai moved a step to tackle Jiyeon but she swiftly pointed the gun back to Luhan’s throat. He flinched after the hot muzzle burned his skin.

I’m pretty sure Jiyeon has gone completely insane. Her eyes have gone dark with no emotions, she was muttering inaudible curses, however, her senses were way beyond average. She quickly reacts to any movement, twitch, or sound.

When the room was cleared, she dragged Luhan by the hair towards the door. “I don’t need you anymore!” and kicked him out.

She slammed the door, locked it, and turned to us. She had a finger on the trigger while pointing it to me, but Sehun and Kai blocked her path. “I don’t care if you’re willing to die for her! I have enough bullets for all of you anyway!” she smirked. “Do you really think I’m gonna let you take all the glory and live happily ever after? Not if I’m around, ! You’re dreaming!”

I couldn’t risk the lives of the two most important people in my life. Not for me, not for anyone. I slowly left my spot and walked towards her. “B-babe? What the do you think you’re doing?” Sehun hissed.

“Yah! Oh Sunmi! DON’T!!!” Kai gritted his teeth.

“Awwww~ Trying to be a hero ehh?” her sadistic side showed. “Come here!” she yanked my arm and spun me around. My back landed against her chest, then my temple stung with the heated muzzle. Her other hand grabbed my neck to a choke.

Amazingly, I remained calm. I was neither frightened nor shaken. All I can think of is having Sehun and Kai out of the lounge safely. “Let them go, Jiyeon! It’s me you want, right? Leave them out of this!” I pleaded.

“Sorry honey! I can’t do that! Those two are the love of your life, right? If I kill you now, they will be lonely! So might us well kill them! At least in that way, y’all can have a in hell!” she snickered.

“ YOU’RE ING CRAZY! WHY DON’T I KILL YOU FIRST! YOU PIECE OF !” Kai growled.

“Watch your mouth Kai-shi! I’m trying so hard to hold my temper right now. If you don’t want to be the one welcomng this in hell. SHUT THE UP!”

“Hyung! Easy…” Sehun held his wrist.

“See why I can’t get my eyes off you, my Sehun? You’re just too nice and charming! *sigh* Such a shame!” she tightened her clutch on me.

“See why I can’t lay my eyes on you? You’re one disgusting-crazyass-dirty-little-! LET SUNMI GO! YOU PIECE OF !” and another shot was fired on the wall across us. The bullet passed just inches away from Sehun’s ear.

“I have a very good aim, Sehun. Don’t make me test it out again… I’m very disappointed with you! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!”

Jiyeon’s heartbeat was calm. It’s as if she was just walking in the park on a sunny day, enjoying a stroll. ‘I need to get them out of here. But how?’ I bit my lip. “Ji-Jiyeon! Please let them go. Let’s settle this ourseleves! If you wanna kill me, go ahead! Just leave them out of this! I beg you!”

“OKAY!!!” she beamed and scratched her head using the gun. “Hmmm… How ‘bout this? I can let two of you go but not both of them together! It must be you and one guy only! Let see who get betrayed today!” she beamed.

Then the boys started pointing at each other. Sehun wants me to choose Kai, but Kai wants me to choose him. ‘Oh my God, why do I have to choose? Not this way, please?’

My dream finally haunted me. It’s déjà vu. Who should I save from the sinking ship? ‘!!!’ then tears came streaming down my face. I can’t hold it in anymore. I can’t lose any of them! I’d rather die than any one of them get hurt.

I choked in my own tears. My vision got blurry and so did my brain. I can’t come up with a decision when my insides are being turned upside down. My knees were shaking, hands were trembling.

“I SAID CHOOSE!!!” she yelled and smacked my head with the back of the gun. It stung. I almost lost consciousness right then and there. My head rolled from side to side. I can see my world spinning in different places.

“SUNMI-AH!!!” Kai shouted.

“Baby! Hey! BABY!!! Look at me!” Sehun called.

‘Don’t give up, Sunmi! You’ve gone this far!’ says a voice in my head. I shook the throbbing pain and blink my eyes to drain the tears away. “L-Let Sehun… Go!” I mumbled.

“Uwaaaa~ I knew you’d choose him! How does it feel Kai? You’re always second best! LOSER!!!” she taunted.

“Stop it Jiyeon! Stop calling him that!” and she tightened her grasp on my neck.

“I can call him whatever I want, ! Now you and Sehun can go, while Kai and I kill each other!” she smiled triumphantly.

“M-Mwoh? What…are you…talking…about?” I stuttered.

“Well, we can’t have or touch either, right? And I’m pretty sure I’m not going out of here alive, so might as well, bring him with me to hell! NOW GO!!!” she pointed the gun to Sehun this time and Kai lightly pushed him.

“Sehun-ah! GO! Take her out of here!” he hissed.

Sehun dragged his feet and walked towards me. He supported me to the door while I looked back at Kai. “I love you!” he mouthed and I gave him a faint smile.

After stepping out of the door, the unimaginable went to my brain. I pushed Sehun forward and swiftly grabbed Kris’ gun, who was just inches away from me. It was enticing and alluring. Just looking at it makes me powerful. I can do anything what I want. I can let anyone follow me around including Jiyeon. ‘No wonder why she can control anyone right at the palm of her hands…’ I didn’t think of what the consequences of my actions but all I can think of was Kai. He needs to be safe. He can’t die coz I chose Sehun over him.

“SUNMI NOOOO!!!” Kris yelled and charged at me, then I locked the door in front of him.

I pointed the gun straight to Jiyeon. “Let Jongin, GO!” I raged.

“Well! Well! Well! What do we have here?” she averted her gun from Kai to me. “Are we gonna do some western style quickdraw shooting?” she chuckled.

“If I have to, why not?” I slowly walked towards Kai without breaking eye contact with Jiyeon.

“What are you doing? Are you out of your mind?” he hissed.

“I'd choose to die to save you both, remember? I’m getting you outta here!” I smiled warmly.

"I swear to God, Sunmi! If something happens to you I won't forgive myself!" he hissed.

“Awww~ That so sweet! But I'm sorry, no one is getting out! Believe me!” Jiyeon added.

“Oh yeah? Try me!” I fired the gun towards her and purposely missed.

She flinched and I’m pretty sure reality hit her. She’s vulnerable just as I am, and it’s just a matter of time who goes down first.

“! How dare you? Ugh!” her jaw dropped.

“I warned you, didn’t I?” I smirked and continued walking to him. “Jongin, let’s go!”

“Okay, but give me the gun first!” he said with hands opened towards me.

Just as I was about to hand it to him, Jiyeon dropped hers and lunged at my hand. My trembling fingers were stuck in the trigger, while her hands wrapped the gun as we fought to take control. “GODDAMNIT! JIYEON! LET GO!” I gritted my teeth. “NO ING WAY!”

Our bodies swayed from side to side while we fight for the gun in my grasp, underneath us. “SUNMI-AH! JUST DROP THE GUN!” Kai yelled and lunged to get me…

 

*BANG*