Makeover

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Jinsuk and his stylist friends came to the house the following day. They brought hordes of gowns and shoes but only one caught my attention. It sparkled in the corner of my room on a dress form. A long tube gown that draped on the floor encrusted with crystals and layered in white tulle.

I stood in front of it the fabric as my eyes go and up down checking every detail. “Do you like it?” Jinsuk asked.

“I love it sis! But will it look good on me?” I cocked my head to the side while we stare at it.

“Of course! Anything looks good on you… Come, let’s try it on!” she pulled me closer to it and the stylist joined us.

I stripped off my bathrobe and they slipped it on me. Jinsuk zipped the back while the stylist fixed the wrinkled hems on the bottom. I kept rubbing my tummy in hopes to flatten my stomach. “Yah! Stop that! Your body is perfect already!” Jinsuk fixed her glasses and scolded me.

She pulled me towards a tall mirror and my mouth left gaping. “See? I told you! Damn sis, you’ll definitely be the brightest star later!” my best friend beamed and high fived the stylist.

“Riigghhtttt…” I shifted from side to side as I watch myself in the mirror while the makeup artist added some final touch on my hair. She pulled it into a low loose chignon and pinned a silver leaf barrette dripping in crystals that matched my chandelier earrings.

“All done!” she clapped her hands.

The three of them stood in front of me and examined my whole being. Jinsuk was in between with hands on her hips. “Kyaaaaa~ We did it once again, team!”

“We sure did!” says the stylist.

“Okay! Enough of me!” I raised my hands and grabbed Jinsuk’s shoulder. “Now it’s your turn!”

“Ehh? What do you mean… Me?” she pulled her head back with elevated eyebrows.

“Sehun invited you so you’re supposed to come as well…” I grinned and faced her friends. “Unnie! You know what to do…” I pushed her to them.

“Don’t worry, Sunmi! Our magic works on all types of people especially this dork!” says the makeup artist and they dragged her into the bathroom.

“MWOH??? YAH!!! I refuse! This is against my rights! Yaaahhhh!!!” Jinsuk protested and struggled to break free but failed.

It’s as if a war is ongoing in my bathroom when all I could hear are shrieks and yells with occasional banging on the wall from random stuff being hurled at it. “Hell no! Not that one! Eeewwww!!!”

“Lee Jinsuk! Stop complaining or we’ll make you wear a shower curtain!” yells the makeup artist and I snorted.

Everything became silent and I started to pace. I crossed my arms on my chest while staring at the door then the knob turned. The two stylists came out dusting their hands with the biggest smirk on their faces.

“Sunmi-ah! Prepare for your jaw to drop!” says the stylist who tapped my shoulder.

We stood by my bed and waited for Jinsuk. She then came out wobbling in high heels while pulling down the hems of her gray cocktail dress.

“Holy sis!” was all I could say when my jaw indeed dropped.

She was stunning. I never saw her in a dress much less in a skimpy one. It never looked trashy on her. She was screaming elegance and sophisticated. Her legs were perfect. Her shoulders were well defined.

I walked towards her while pulling up my gown and took off her dark frames. “This has to go!” and she instantly narrowed her eyes.

“I can’t see, Sunmi… I gotta have my glasses!” she waved her hands on my face.

“Don’t worry. I know a way so you can still see without them… I’ll be back!” I told her and she remained on her spot.

I went to my drawer and walked back to her. “Here! Wear these contact lenses temporarily!”

“Are these safe?” she drew it closer to her eyes.

“Of course! Those are brand new and you can throw it away after tonight… Try it on!”

I helped her wear the lenses. After a few tears and blinks, her eyes widened with improved vision. “Uwaaaa~ This is so cool!” she looked around.

“I know right?” I chuckled. “Now walk towards me…”

Jinsuk took baby steps while hunching her back. Her arms flailed from side to side trying to gain balance as her feet shook. The makeup artist went over to her side and straightened her up. “Unnie! I can’t do this… This is hard!” she pouted.

“Oh yes you can! Now walk!” she growled.

Jinsuk did as told and got frustrated along the way. She took off her heels and slammed it on the floor. “Yah! I ain’t putting up with this ! Aish!”

“What the hell Jinsuk? How can you do this to a precious Louboutin?” the stylist picked it up and scowled at her.

“I don’t care!” she sat on the bed with a frowning face.

“Aigooo~ Jinsuk my friend…” I approached her and bent in front of her. “Sis… Do it for me! This is a scary night for me and I need you to be there.  Please?”

“Fine!” she rolled her eyes and heaved a deep sigh.

“Komawo!” I hugged her and she patted my back. “Anything for you sis!” Jinsuk stood back up and the stylists took turns in checking us for minor details.

Sehun then came looking extra dashing and handsome himself. His black suit was carefully pressed with a bow tie fixed around his neck. His fringe was styled up and I could smell his inviting perfume from afar.

He wrapped his arms around my waist while I draped mine around his neck. “You’re beautiful Sunmi...” and pecked my lips.

“And so are you baby!” I pecked him back.

“Mmmmm… You smell so good too!” he added while planting kisses on my neck. “I bet you taste good as well!” he added making me giggle.

“Ehem!” the stylist cleared .

“Miahn!” He stopped but kept his arms on my waist after spinning me around for a back hug. “Where’s Jinsuk?” he asked while resting his chin on my shoulder.

The stylists snorted and covered their mouths. I pointed my finger to the girl sitting shyly on my bed. “There she is, babe!”

He raised his head when his jaw dropped. “Holy ! Is that really you, Jinsuk?” he stared at her. “You look different but in a good and beautiful way, of course! Kyaaaaa~” he pinched the bridge of his nose while looking up.

“See? I told you!” I added and she smiled.

“Wait ‘til the boys see you! They’ll feast on you for sure!” he added.

“Andwae! Forget it!” she got scared at the thought.

Sehun released me and stooped to her. “Jinsuk-ah, you look great! Just be confident!” he patted her shoulder.

“O-Okay…” she forced a smile and he reach out a hand to her. “Shall we?”

Jinsuk took it and they walked towards me. Sehun laced his fingers on mine and kissed it. “I’m going to show off my girl now…” he smiled.

“Blech!” Jinsuk squirmed.

Sehun led us down the stairs and went straight to the driveway where the boys waited. They stood in line all in black suits.“Uwaaaa~ Sunmi, you’re definitely an ulzzang!” Baekhyun beamed.

“True that! EXO’s muse is a beauty!” Luhan checked me out from top to bottom.

“Couldn’t agree more! Jinsuk did a really good job!” Suho raised a thumb.

“Speaking of which, where is she? I thought she’s coming with you?” DO pointed at me then Sehun joined them. “That’s her!” he pointed at the girl beside me poking the tip of her shoe on the ground while bending her head.

“JINJAYO!!! That’s her?” they chorused. Chanyeol moved forward and tilted his head trying to meet her eyes. “Uwaaaa~ What happened to the geeky tomboy?” and got smacked in the head. “OW!”

“It’s her alright…” Kai snorted. “But damn, she’s gorgeous! She should keep this image and I might just lessen my death glares to her…” he added.

Chanyeol walked back to them and I nudged Jinsuk. “So? Which one do you want to be your date tonight?” I wiggled my eyebrows.

“Hmmm…” she tapped her chin. “Can I have him?” she pointed at Kris who just came out of a black Escalade.

“Ani! Ani! How about Luhan? He’s so dreamy…” but Baekhyun turned and winked at her. “He’s definitely a keeper! It's gotta be him!”

I was about to call Sehun when she grabbed my wrist. “I’ll go with Kyungsoo instead…” she grinned.

“Wae?” I wondered.

“He’s nice and sweet. He won't make fun of me for sure!” she added.

“Okay!” but she pulled me again. “Yes?”

“I want Suho oppa!” she grinned. “Leader is such a gentleman!”

I was getting frustrated already so I grabbed her shoulders. “I know how you feel, sis! I’ve been there, done that and it’s hard I tell ya! But for God sake, make up your mind!”

She took another glance at the boys and smiled. “Chanyeol!” she giggled.

“Final answer? I pointed a finger to her face and she nodded.

I called Sehun and whispered to him after he ran to me. He walked back to the boys and came back with Chanyeol in tow.

“Yeollie!” I waved to him while Sehun hugged me from behind.

“What’s this about?” he raised an eyebrow.

“You’ll be Jinsuk’s date for tonight!” I glanced at my best friend who’s face just paled.

“YES! I have a date! Woohoo!!!” he raised both fists in the air and swiftly moved beside her.

“Dude! Don’t be too obvious in being a player!” Sehun snorted.

Chanyeol placed an arm around Jinsuk’s shoulder. “Don’t believe what he says. I’m just showing the female population of SMU how Park Chanyeol takes cares of his girl…” he bragged.

She rolled her eyes and shoved his arm away. “Can I change my mind instead?” she faced me and I shook my head. “So you’re telling me I’m stuck with this arrogant troll for the rest of the night?" and I nodded my head.

“Don’t worry honey! You’ll be begging for me when the night ends!” Chanyeol then dragged her to his Camaro.

“What the ? Yah!” she kicked his leg and he whimpered.

“OW! That’s the second time you hit me! Make it three and I’ll kiss you!” he hissed while hopping in one foot.

“Do it! And my foot will land in your balls!” she warned but he grabbed her wrist and pushed her in his car.

“You can’t do that! I have my means in protecting my babies!” he smirked and closed the door.

Sehun and I just watch them bicker as they drive away together with the rest of EXO. “Those two will never get along!” I sighed.

“Oh they will, babe! Trust me!” he laughed.