Complications

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

All top groups in every year have their own lairs. EXO (freshmen) has a man cave on the north side of the campus, Shinee (sophomores) has their game room on the south, Super Junior (hence, their name) has a state of the art hideout on a basement of the west building, and DBSK (seniors) has the most expensive loft living up to their name “Gods of the East”.

Onew sprawled on the couch trying to catch a nap when Taemin approached him. “Hyung, why is Jinsuk not going here anymore?”

“I dunno…” he yawned and hugged a cushion.

“Hyung, is she dropping by later?” the maknae poked his cheek while Minho and Jonghyun watch amusingly as they play pool.

“I’m not sure…” and Onew flipped to the side having his back against Taemin.

“Hyung, can you let her go here?” he tapped his shoulder.

Onew suddenly turned and smacked his head with the cushion. “Yah! Lee Taemin! What’s with all the questions? Can’t you see I’m trying to sleep here?” he growled.

“I just wanted to see Jinsuk coz I miss our sister already.” he pouted.

Key who was sitting across them and reading a magazine interrupted their conversation. “Is it really Jinsuk you want? Hmmm…” he skimmed through the pages.

Then Onew sat up. “What do you mean?”

“Maknae has the hots for… What’s the name again?” he turned towards the pool table.

“Sunmi… Oh Sunmi!” Minho yelled.

“Right! Sunmi!” Key raised a finger.

“Hyuunnggg… I just wanna be friends with her. That’s it!” Taemin dropped his shoulder while sitting crossed leg on the floor.

Onew then nudged his side. “Ahh! So it’s her you’re after and just using my sister?”

“Miahnae…” he stooped his head.

The leader wavered to the saddened face of his dongsaeng. “Bro, you gotta accept the fact that Sunmi has a boyfriend and I don’t think Sehun-shi will let you get near her. Besides, even if she’s single, I won’t let any of you date her.” he pointed a finger to each of them.

“MWOH???” they all objected. “But hyung!” Taemin tugged his shirt.

“ANDWAE! SHIREO!” he warned.

Onew laid back to couch and covered his head with a cushion.

“Uwaaaa~ Poor Jinsuk, she might just end up being a nun.” Key mused.

“Aish! Molla! I’ll find a way to see Sunmi on my own.” Taemin scoffed and left the game room.

----------

Over the weekend, EXO went to help me move into the new house. Several sports cars lined up in the drive way as I stepped out barefoot to meet them. “LuLu! I miss you!” I lunged on him for a hug and he caught me right away. “Aigooo~ Whattup Sunmi?”

“I’m great! Sehun told me you’ve been busy ever since school started.”

“Yeah, I am! But hey, I’m here now…” he my back.

“Mhmmm! I’m glad!”

“Ehem…” Sehun cleared his throat and Luhan pulled away. “I’ll see you inside.” he whispered and I nodded. The rest of EXO walked passed me. Suho ruffled my hair while Baekhyun and Kris nodded to me since they carried some boxes in.

“Kyungsoo-ah, Sungmin is waiting for you upstairs.” I patted his shoulder.

“Got it! I’ll arrange his room anyway.” he replied. “I’m coming with you!” Chanyeol added.

Kai trailed them from behind and winked at me. I hesitantly smiled to him and choked when Sehun was staring at me from head to toe. I was wearing his oversized shirt and pair of denim shorts that barely shows. “What?”

Sehun closed the gap between us and s his arms around my waist. “You’re not suppose to wear those when the rest of the guys are here especially if Jongin is around.”

“But I love wearing your shirt.” I pouted as I fixed his bangs.

“Just wear some pants when they’re around, araseo!”

“Fine…” and he pecked my lips.

I had to keep switching one foot over the other since the surface was cold. “Stay still baby!” he complained while our lips touched.

“I can’t! My feet are freezing.”

He rolled his eyes and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and hugged him while he firmly held onto my thighs as he walks. “You always ruin our moment.” he sighed.

“Miahnae…” I chuckled.

Sehun entered the house and walked up the stairs to my room. The boys were on the living room taking out some decors from the boxes.

“Remind me again, why I’m here?” Baekhyun nudged Suho while they watch us and I just stuck my tongue out to him.

“Why don’t you get yourself a girlfriend and stop whining. Tsk!” the leader scoffed.

“I will! Just wait and see…”

Sehun placed me down upon reaching my room and I continued fixing my stuff.

“Babe, I’ll help the guys downstairs. Just call me if you need help, a’right?”

“Neh!” I smiled.

I placed my Ipod on a dock and played some songs. I hummed to the beat and bobbed my head while I stacked my clothes into the closet. The music entered my system when I started singing whole heartedly and the room turned into a mini concert hall. I stood from my spot as well to dance the chorus part but after I turned, I was stunned to see Kris watching me and I stopped.

“Just keep going…” he smiled and so I did.

“Oh I’m so curious, yeah. Yeah! Yeah! I’m so curious, yeah…” I sang the chorus once again and glided across the room as my feet moved. I was already running out of breath but I kept the energy and continued dancing just as I practiced the steps correctly. Kris also snapped his fingers when I started rapping towards the end. "Tonight... Sunmi's in the house.... So give it up! Give it up... For Sunmi!!!" I improvised.

"Wooohoo!" Kris cheered while flailing his fist in the air.

When the song ended, I dropped on my knees and crawled beside him. “Good job, Sunmi! You improved a lot. You’re a total performer now.” he clapped his hands.

“Jamkkan man…” I held my chest while catching my breath.

Kris laughed and patted my back. “Take it easy… Breathe in, breathe out… Wooh-saahhh~”

“Yah… You’re not helping… HAHAHA~” I laughed and panted even more.

After a couple of deep breaths, I finally gained composure. We remained seated on the floor and leaned against the wall while I rummaged the box he brought. “Okay… So? How’s my prince doing after Kung Fu Tao went back to China?”

“I’m great! He can always come back any time he wants anyway. And you?”

“I’m a’right.” I replied with a straight face.

“Oh c’mon, Sunmi. Tell me what it is…” he kept squeezing the stress ball that he took from the box.

“You’re getting better at reading my thoughts now, huh?” and he wiggled his eyebrows. “Well, it’s about this house and Sehun. You know how much I love him and he doesn’t have to do these kind of stuff to show his love for me. It’s too much, Kris.”

“Sunmi-ah, believe me when I say that I would’ve done the exact same thing Sehun is doing right now. Heck, I'll even give you China if I could.” he smirked and I softly punched his arm. “Seriously though, you deserve it!”

“But I’m afraid people might take it negatively.” I dropped my head.

Kris shifted to face me and lifted my chin up. “See? That’s the problem right there. It’s not about what he gives you but what people will say about you. You gotta stop it or it will ruin you both. What’s important is your love and trust for each other. Okay?”

 “I will!” and I pinched his cheek. “Oh and there’s another thing…” I grinned.

“What is it?” he asked and I looked around making sure we’re alone.

“It’s about Jongin…”

“Ahh! I know about it already. All of us actually, including Sehun.”

“MWOH???” my jaw fell to the floor. Kris covered my mouth and placed a finger on his lips. “Sshhh… Let’s just say he’s still not over you.”

I raised my hand to his wrist and placed it down. “But why? You did it and why can’t he? It hurts me seeing him this way.”

Kris paused for a bit and heaved a deep breath. He held my face with both hands and just stared at me. ‘You just don’t know what I’m going through right now, Sunmi. Jongin and I are the same but I chose to keep it to myself. You came into my life and taught me how to love. Then you walked away without any idea how much I’ve learned. Do you even know how much it hurts?’

“Kris, gwenchana?” I asked and he blinked. “Oh! Uhmmm… Yeah!” he stuttered at first but smiled. “With Jongin… Just think of it as, you’re one special person that no matter what you do to him, he just can't let you go. It’s like you literally became his heart that if he takes it out, he’ll just die. Give him time, Sunmi.”

“I will!”

He then stretched his arms out. “Can I get a hug?” and I scooted closer to him. “Aigooo~ My prince smells so good.” I sniffed his neck. He shivered at my touch and he rubbed my back.

“Everything’s gonna be okay… Don’t worry, I’m always here.” he whispered. 'Until whenever, Sunmi...'

“I know…”

Kris helped me piling up some additional ornaments in my room with rap music on the background. He refused to listen to the song I did earlier.

“Those voices reminded me of some bullies at school. I just can’t seem to point my finger at who exactly.” he tapped his chin.