The Aftermath

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

The hall remained still as Jaejoong and I danced. The music was slow yet endearing. It brought me into a whole new dimension. A place outside the physical world of space and time while staring at a god in the eye with a smile on my face.

I swear, SMU has “Seduction 101” in their curriculum coz I found myself being swept off my feet once again. We danced slowly, swaying to the music. Feet movement was minimal and we just studied each other's gaze.

When the music neared the end, Jaejoong raised his hands to my face. I shivered in his cold touch and it made my eyebrows furrow in wonder. “Miahn… Forgive me for I am just nervous.” he kept a bewildering stare. “Thank you for making me feel this way. I guess there really is such thing as magic. I never believed in that 'til I saw your smile and felt your touch. Komawo Sunmi…”

The music suddenly stopped and he gave me a melting embrace. My arms stayed anchored on my sides as my knees began to shake. His heartbeat was calm against my heaving chest while I scan the dim hall. Yunho coolly sat on his chair with a leg over the other while watching us contently, Eunhyuk and Leetuk were standing with arms crossed on their chests as they clapped silently, and Onew was a few meters beside them gesturing his thumb like slitting his neck. “I’ll see you and Jinsuk later! You’re both dead!” he mouthed and I just grinned.

Jaejoong pulled away after taking his time while I braced myself for a furious boyfriend out to kill me in a moment. “Well, I think I have to hand you back to your real prince.”

“Yeah… I guess this is goodbye then coz I’d be dead already.” I sighed.

“Naahhh… I’m pretty sure he’s the understanding type.” he eyed Sehun over my shoulder. “I’ll see you at school, okay? If you need someone to talk to or just to hang out with, I’m just here.” he also pinched my nose.

“Thanks oppa~” I smiled.

“No… Thank you!” he then took my wrist and pulled me towards my anxious and infuriated boyfriend. “Dude, you are so lucky to have Sunmi. Take care of her and cherish her well!” he slightly pushed me beside Sehun and he held my hand right away. “I will, sunbae…” he bowed. Jaejoong patted his shoulder and kept his radiance as he walked back to DBSK’s table. ‘Uwaaaa~ How can he be so cool and irresistible?’ I kept staring at him and only snapped back when Sehun dragged me out of the grand ballroom.

I staggered behind him while flailing my free hand to keep my balance. “Baby, slow down…” I pleaded but he ignored me. The rest of EXO were behind us as well when Jinsuk caught up. “Sunmi-ah! Sehun-ah!”

We were approaching a well lit street with parked cars when she ran in front of Sehun and stretched her arms out to block him.  “Sehun-ah, let me explain. Don’t take it out on Sunmi. I forced her to do it and told her not to tell you. This is all my fault!” she panicked.

I massaged my aching wrist after he released me while he placed both his hands on his waist. “What the hell, Jinsuk?! You just made me look stupid in front of the whole damn school!!!” he snarled.

“I didn’t tell you coz you might not allow her. I’m really sorry!” she cried and I walked beside her. I her back while she rubbed her eyes behind her thick frames. “Don’t cry sis. Just give Sehun some time…” I whispered.

“You should’ve asked me in the first place! I’m not some kind of overprotective, self-absorbed person!” he yelled and I gave him the look after Jinsuk cried even more. ‘Enough already!’

Kai then suddenly blurted. “Yah! Lee Jinsuk! Next time, try not to make decisions on your own that will make people suffer.” I raised my hand in frustration and rolled my eyes.

Jinsuk however snapped at him. “Let me guess... your parents didn't hug you enough as a kid and forgot to teach you not to interrupt other people’s conversation! Oh I forgot your parents are far too busy to even lay an eye on you. Tch!”

“What did you say??? , you're like the female version of Charlie Sheen!” he smirked and my jaw dropped. ‘Oh no, Jongin! That’s just too mean!’ I shook my head.

She moved to lunge on him but I instantly stood in front of her. “Woah sis! Take it easy!” I held her shoulders and she pointed a finger to his face. “You ing piece of ! I’m gonna beat the hell out of you!”

I could already feel Kai’s fuming heat going off his body even if we stood away from them.

“What’s going on?” I heard Onew’s voice nearing us. “Jinsuk-ah, why are you crying?”

“N-nothing oppa…” she wiped her tears and breathe out an air through her cheeks. “Sunmi-ah, care to explain why it seems like my sister wants to unleash her inner tomb raider?” he asked.

Jinsuk and I stood in between EXO and Shinee. They were sizing each other out with matching death glares.

Kris and Minho were head to head and I was too scared to get in their way. “Jinki oppa! It’s nothing really. Me and Sehun were just having a misunderstanding. Don’t worry we’ll fix it…”

“I’m not asking about you two. Why is my sister crying? Who made her cry?” I whimpered after he growled.

Kai then pulled me behind him. “It was me! Wae?”

Onew walked closer to him with faces just inches away from each other. “Oh! So it’s the great Kim Jongin! Braaaa…voooo…” he slowly clapped his hands and his smirk has been replaced by a straight face. He took a step back to punch Kai then I unknowingly went in the middle and pushed them away from each other. “STOOPPP!!!” I shouted. Chanyeol caught Kai while Jonghyun did the same for Onew. “Stop it right now! Or I’m gonna pluck your eyeballs with my heels!”

“Sis! That is just so wrong. Not even a cold blooded gangster would do that... Nasty!” Jinsuk cringed.

I looked from both sides and they were all dumbfounded. The glares were now repeated blinks with burrowing eyebrows. “Ooppss! Hehehe~” I forced a smile and straightened. “Seriously guys, you gotta stop this. Let’s all go home. Forget about what happened and go on with our lives. Okay?”

----------

“Whatever!” Onew stepped back and held her sister’s face. He took her glasses off and tucked strands of hair behind her ear as he cleaned her face with the back of his hand. “Gwenchana?”

“Neehhh~” she croaked.

“Aigooo~ Come here sweetie…” he pulled her to a hug and stuck her tongue out to Kai after placing her chin on his shoulder.

After all this time, Kai was holding his chest after a few hiccups escaped his mouth. He can't take his eyes off her. She’s not as beautiful as Sunmi, heck she even looks like a boy but there’s something about her that caught his attention. Is it her flawless face? Her quirkiness? Boldness maybe? Or does he see himself in her with the way she acts bad then gives into someone’s tender embrace.

‘Hell no, Jongin! Snap out of it! Your eyes are only set on Sunmi. No one else!’ he shook it off after some funny feelings inside him started to brew.

Sehun and I walked up to Onew and Jinsuk to bid them goodbye. “You guys take care, a’right?” then I hugged Jinsuk. “Good night sis. I had fun”

“Me too!” and Sehun wrapped his arms around us both. “You two should stop doing things behind my back, araseo? No more secrets starting today and no more telling lies!”

“We promise!”

My boyfriend pulled away and was approached by Onew after. “Sorry about what my sister did. I’ll make sure she won’t do it again.”

“Thanks hyung…” they gave each other a bro hug. “By the way, tell that bastard I will never forgive him for making my sister cry.” he nodded to Kai and Sehun scratched his nape.

“Oppa, good night!” I jumped on him and kissed his cheek. “Aigooo~ my other troublemaker of a sister… Good night sweetie!”

We all went our separate ways and Sehun took me home. He hopped out of his car upon reaching the driveway and went over to my side. I reached both hands out him but he stooped and cupped me out of my seat. He carried me bridal style into the house then up the flight of stairs to my room.

Sehun kicked the door behind him and lowered me down. I removed my shoes and tossed them aside. Before I can head to the bathroom for a shower, he pulled me back and lunged on my lips. “You’re supposed to make it up to me…” he muttered in between kisses.

“I forgot…” I chuckled.

“I’ll make you remember then!” he deepened the kiss. His strong arms were around me, holding me as close as possible as I firmly held his neck. He parted his lips so I took the chance to slip my tongue into him. He supported my back as he stooped lower to me when we yearned for each other even more. Our bodies were pressed together and a little flame heats up under our feet as we melted into each other arms and never want to let go.

Sehun shifted to trail kisses down my neck. Each smacking sounds were exhilarating. It made me imagine things I refuse to do. Just as he was about to my dress, a knock came to the door. “Seriously babe? You gotta be tin’ me!” he complained and I pushed him to get the door.

The stylist who was left to babysit Sungmin greeted me. “Sunmi-ah, your brother is fast asleep. I’ll go ahead now.”

“Great! Komawo unnie!” I waved and closed the door. Sehun laid on the bed with arms crossed behind his head while staring on the ceiling. I climbed then straddled on top of him. “Hey, what are you thinking?” he looked at me and held my bent knees on his sides.

“The event earlier…”

“What about it?” I played with the hem of his jacket.

“I have never been so jealous in my life until I saw you and Jaejoong sunbae dance. You too were perfect like a match made in heaven. I’m starting to think that someone else could make you happier than I could.”

I bent lower until I laid on top of him. “Baby, it’s us who is perfect. I love you, Oh Sehun! Don't ever think that I don't… Don't ever forget that I do.”

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. “I love you too baby with more than everything that I have.”

----------

“Hyung, you’re gonna let me hang out with Sunmi for an hour, right?” Taemin poked Onew while he drove him home.

“Woah! Hold up! Did I miss anything?” Jinsuk who sat beside his brother wondered.

“Maknae has been crushing on Sunmi ever since he saw her…” Key announced from the back seat.

“Jinja?” she jerked up to face them and Key nodded. “Yah! Taeminnie! Sunmi has a boyfriend, an EXO! Are you crazy?”

“What? I just wanna be friends with her! There’s nothing wrong with that!” he slumped back with a sullen face.

Onew watch him sulk through the rear view mirror and sighed. “Fine! You can take the one hour privilege. Just tell me when…”

The boy’s innocent face lit up with a gleeful smile. “Komawo Jinki hyung! This is daaeee…bak!” he squealed.