Not Again

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

 

Weekend came to a close and my brother came home with the biggest smile on his face even if he was asleep on the shoulder of Sehun’s mother.

“Mom! Let me have him. You’ll break your back from carrying such a heavy kid.” Sehun chuckled and opened his arms.

“It’s okay, son… I’ll just take him to his room.” she walked up the stairs while Sehun and I waited for her on the living room.

I sat on one of the long couches while he laid his head on my thigh. He was playing with my ring on my finger when her mom came back. “Sehun-ah, let’s go?”

“Neh!” he stood and pulled me up while his mom hurriedly went out. “See you at school tomorrow and don’t forget to lock the doors!” and pecked my lips.

“Yes babe. Good night!” I whispered and hugged him.

“G’night babe!” he pulled away and started walking out.

Then his mom came back with hands full of paper bags. “Sunmi-ah! This is for you! Hope you like them!”

“Ehh?” I took it and peeked inside. My eyes rounded upon seeing the branded clothes and bags. “K-Komawo eomeoni!” I bowed.

“Don’t mention it! Anything for my daughter-in-law!” she hugged me after.

Sehun was standing and leaning on his side by the door with his brightest smile. “I love you…” he mouthed and I responded with an eye smile.

----------

I woke up the following day and went to school rather excited and stoked. The day couldn’t be more perfect when one of my teachers didn’t report for class. ‘Sweet! This is the life!’ I immediately left our room and skipped to the school’s main lobby.

I chewed on a cherry licorice stick and rested my chin on both knees while sitting on the stairs. Watching other students pass by was indeed amusing. Some guys were overdressed, a bunch of girls had too much fun playing with makeup, and others were just too flashy with so much accessories all over there bodies.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in class?” asks a manly yet soft voice.

I turned around and looked up at a tall and blinding figure. The licorice fell after my mouth fell wide open. “Do-Donghae oppa?”

“Annyeong!” he smiled and waved.

My eyes followed his handsome face as he sat beside me. It’s was my first time seeing him up close and damn I was mesmerized. His jet black hair was properly styled. He has those almond eyes that perfectly matched his well contoured nose while showing off his pearly whites.

Donghae is not your typical SMU guy who goes around swooning girls coz he does not have to. It just naturally happens when he passes by and I for one has just been charmed. ‘Why am I even in this school? One of these guys will be the death of me…’ I thought while staring at him.

“Hello? Anybody here?” he waved his hand in front of my face and I snapped.

“O-Oppa! What are you doing here?” I stuttered.

“I should be the one asking you that! Don’t you have any classes?” he wondered.

“Nope! Our teacher got sick…” I moved to my original pose and looked at the passing crowd.

Donghae followed what I was doing and continued talking. “So? How have you been? I haven’t seen you after the auction…” he pouted.

“I’m great! Everything’s great!” I turned my head to him and smiled. “What about you? How did your date went after you won the bid?”

He sighed and his face fell. “Let’s just say I paid 10 thousand USD for a meal…”

“Ehh? W-Wae yo???” I jolted up.

“Coz my date was too busy checking herself on the mirror while we ate.”

“Bummer…” I planted my chin back on my bended knees.

“Yeah…” he sighed and became quiet while staring to the ground.

I snatched a licorice from my backpack and pointed it towards his eyes. “Here! This will make you feel better!”

His head leaned back and examined the red glossy stick. He hesitated at first but his mouth opened and chewed it. “Komawo!” he ruffled my hair.

We continued talking while he pointed some familiar faces. He would laugh at the most random stuff and I am totally convinced that he has that strong yet weird personality. It’s like he has his own thoughts and gestures in his own rainbow filled world but still manages to be a well mannered gentleman.

“Sunmi-ah! You gotta stop staring or I’ll get the idea that you like me…” he teased.

“MWOH???” I slapped his arm. “Oppa!”

“Just kidding…” he giggled.

Just as he was about to continue with his lame jokes, UEE and Junga suddenly appeared out of nowhere. They were heading straight at me while holding a pail of water filled with ice. “THIS IS FOR YOU, !!!” UEE shouted while striding up the stairs.

They emptied the pail towards me and I instinctively leaned back and crossed my arms on my face. I braced myself for a shivering downpour to hit my body but a sudden warmth surrounded me.

I dropped my arms and saw Donghae hovering on top of me with arms planted beside my ears. His hair was dripping while streaks of water flowed at the back of his black biker jacket. He was looking down at me with a heated stare. His eyes burned in worry mixed with anger but he remained calm. “Gwenchana?” he asked.

“Babo! I should be the asking that?” I rolled my eyes.

“It's just water! Tch!” he looked away and laughed.

My blood boiled upon seeing UEE and Junga standing a few steps down. Their shocked and frightened faces were directed to Donghae after their failed attempt. I moved away from him and walked down. “IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME, SAY IT TO MY ING FACE!!!” I yelled at the top of my voice.

UEE came back to reality and shot a glare at me. She moved up one step and met my gaze. “In fact, I do! I hate everything about you! You make me sick!” she hissed and other students crowded us.

I cocked my head to the side and crossed my arms. “If you don’t like me, FINE! There’s nothing I can do about it! NEWS FLASH … I don’t live to please you!”

“OOOHHHH!!!” says a group of guys while cupping their mouths. “Tell her, Sunmi!” added another.

UEE rolled her eyes away and raised her hand towards my face. Donghae swiftly moved in between us and grabbed her wrist. “Don’t. Even. Think. About. IT!!!” His deep growling voice was scary enough that UEE and Junga instantly backed away.

“You’ll see more of us, Sunmi!” her assistant yelled.

“Bring it, !” I opened one palm and moved my fingers towards me as if inviting them.

“Sunmi-ah…” Donghae turned and lifted my chin with his finger. “Don’t stoop to their level. You’re too good for them!”

“Oppa, I’m already tired of this bullying crap and I’ve had enough. I want to defend myself for a change.” my lips curled.

“I get your point but try to avoid getting hurt. Okay?” he smiled while my cheek.

“I will!” I took off his hand and tugged him to where my backpack is. “Come here… You’re a mess!”

We sat back down and I grabbed a pack of Kleenex while he took his jacket off. “Aigooo~ Lee Donghae is one wet puppy…” I chuckled while wiping his hair and face. “Komawo oppa!”

He suddenly held my hand that wiped his cheek and stared deep into my eyes. “Don’t mention it! I’m pretty sure your boyfriend will do the exact same thing.”

“O-Of course, he will!” I stuttered and blushed.

“Aigooo~ Eunhyuk is right. You’re such a sweetheart!” he pinched my burning cheek and I sheeppishly smiled away.

We continued talking after he finally dried up but I couldn’t keep my mind off what happened. I kept spacing out while looking blankly at people’s faces. ‘I guess, I’ll have to deal with it all over again.’ I sighed.