Lunar New Year...(Part 5) A Different Lunar New Year

On-Screen COUPLE or Off-Screen COUPLE???

It was the next morning and Kyuhyun was still lying on his bed, deeply asleep. Suddenly, the alarm clock went off in his room. It was so loud until he jumped up from his sleep. He went on to switch off the alarm and slumber back to his sleep. However, when he was on his way to his dreamland again, his phone alarm came on. Feeling irritated, he sat up and cupped his head with his both hands. It was eight o clock in the morning. He was supposed to wake up at that timing. However, he still feel like sleeping. He stood up lazily and took his towel and walked to his bathroom to wash up.

After that, he took out his hanbok which his mother had already ironed it out for him on that occasion, same goes to his sister. They wore that every Lunar New Year. The Cho family decided to go with the tradition of wearing the hanbok during the Lunar New Year.

Kyuhyun wore this (Sorry I can't find any more pictures of him wearing the hanbok): http://elfamazing.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/305321_270585822961132_137584129594636_1119564_913313720_n.jpg 

When everything was ready for him, he walked out of his room. When he was about to knock on Hyun Heon's door, he heard a groan from inside the room. Without hesitation, he opened the door and saw that Hyun Heon was rubbing her head on the floor. He immediately went in front to help her up.  However, he noticed that Hyun Heon was not looking at him normally. She was straining her eyes so hard until he hardly can see her eye balls.

"Kyuhyun oppa," Hyun Heon said finally, still rubbing her head, "Why...why are you wearing like this?"

"Thats what I always wear during the Lunar New Year," explained Kyuhyun while he helped Hyun Heon up to sit on the chair, "Its for the sebae," (Sebae is a traditionally observed activity on Seollal, and is filial-piety-oriented. Children wish their elders (grandparents, aunts and uncles, parents) a happy new year by performing one deep traditional bow (rites with more than one bow involved are usually for the deceased) and the words saehae bok mani badeuseyo which translates to wish you a blessed new year. Parents typically reward this gesture by giving their children new year's money (usually in the form of crisp paper money) and offering words of wisdom, deokdam. Historically, parents gave out rice cakes and fruit to their children instead. Before the bowing ceremony is held, children wear hanboks. Hanboks are worn as a respectful way to appreciate the ancestors and elders.)

"Oh," said Hyun Heon, still straining her eyes.

"Why are you looking at me in this way?" asked Kyuhyun, bending down to check on her eyes, "Is there something wrong with your eyes?"

"I lost my contact lens," Hyun Heon told him, "I was going to wear them just now but it fell from my finger and I couldn't find it. When I was about to stand up, my head hit the dressing table. I'm only wearing one side of the contact lens now,"

"Ah~" said Kyuhyun, "I'll help you find,"

With that, Kyuhyun squatted down to scan through everything around him. Under the dressing table, on the floor, even on the carpet, but still he could not find it. Finally, he saw a transparent lens on the legs of the chair which Hyun Heon was sitting. He went to take it carefully and stood up and washed the contact lens with water.

"There you go," he said, handling the tiny piece of contact lens back to Hyun Heon's finger.

Hyun Heon slowly put on the contact lens and blinked her eyes several times until her vision was clear. She could see Kyuhyun standing beside her, at the dressing table, waiting for her.

"Can you see clearly now?" asked Kyuhyun.

Hyun Heon nodded and smiled at him. She was wearing a formal black dress. She did not have any hanbok so she did not wear it on that day. She put on a light make up with her hair tied up in a bun with some hair assessories on it.

Kyuhyun bended down until his face was inches away from her.

"Ya," he told her with a smirk, "Do you remember what you did yesterday?"

"I don't really remember," replied Hyun Heon, scratching her neck, "I remember I went to your room and we drank some wine and next, I...I don't remember at all. Wait, did you do anything to me?"

"Of course not!" exclaimed Kyuhyun, "Although I wanted to,"

"B...Bw...Bwo(What)?" said Hyun Heon, who was shocked to hear what Kyuhyun had just said.

"What?" replied Kyuhyun, "I'm a man you know! I mean, who can resist like what you did to me yesterday?! Also, I was nearly drunk at that time!"

"What did I do?" questioned Hyun Heon. She was trying hard to remember what she did yesterday.

With that, Kyuhyun pulled Hyun Heon out from the chair and pushed her on the bed. He went on top of her, making Hyun Heon, yelped in surprise. Kyuhyun then took Hyun Heon's hand and put on his arms. After that, he turned and looked at her, who was below him. Hyun Heon kept blinking her eyes in shockness.

"Can you imagine you pulled me down at this position when I was standing?" Kyuhyun told her and he continued after Hyun Heon did not reply him, "I was cleaning you with a wet towel and you did this to me. Thank God that I have a strong willpower to control myself or else..."

"Wait," Hyun Heon cut him off, "You clean me with a wet towel...wh...where?"

"Your face and neck," replied Kyuhyun, "Thats all. I'm not as ertic as you think,"

"Good," said Hyun Heon as she heaved a sigh of relieve, "I did not remember what I did yesterday... so sorry,"

"Babo(Silly girl)," said Kyuhyun, helping Hyun Heon to sit up, "I won't do things that does not respect you at all. At least, you must be willing to do it,"

After hearing that, Hyun Heon gave Kyuhyun a light punch on the stomach, "Ya! What do you treat me as?"

"I'm not referring to that ()," replied Kyuhyun, pulling her for a hug, "I mean other things you're not willing to do, I won't force you, because I respect you as my girlfriend,"

Hyun Heon gave a meek laugh and hugged him back.

"Kumoyo(Thank you)," Hyun Heon whispered into his ear.

While they were hugging each other, they heard a small knock on the door.

"Hyun Heon ah," said Ara from outside, "Are you ready?"

"Ne! I'm coming," replied Hyun Heon as she broke off from the hug.

Both Hyun Heon and Kyuhyun went to open the door for Ara.

"Kyuhyun ah, you're here too?" asked Ara at once when she saw his brother with Hyun Heon.

"Yea," replied Kyuhyun, "I went to check out on her and found out that she was finding her contact lens,"

"That doesn't seem to be like you..." said Ara, smiling, "Hyun Heon ah, did you changed him?"

"Ya noona(Sister)," complained Kyuhyun, "Can you stop teasing me?"

"Fine," replied Ara as she shot a smile to Hyun Heon, "Lets go down together,"

The three of them proceeded to go down to the first storey and saw both Kyuhyun's parents were already sitted down on the sofa, waiting for them. Both of them were also wearing the hanboks.

"Good morning ajumma(auntie), ajussi(uncle)," Hyun Heon greeted them with a bow.

"Good morning," replied Kyuhyun's mother with a smile.

"Oh? Why didn't you wear a hanbok?" Kyuhyun's father asked in a friendly manner, "Do you have one?"

"Ah...Anio(No), I don't have one," replied Hyun Heon apolegetically, "So sorry about it,"

"Aisshh..." said Kyuhyun's father, "What is there to say sorry about?"

"If I never remembered wrongly," began Kyuhyun's mother, "Ara, you have one more hanbok in your closet right? Why not let Hyun Heon wear it?"

"Oh, no, no" replied Hyun Heon, "I'm really alright with that. I mean the sebae is only meant for the family members,"

"We already treat you as part of our family," Kyuhyun's mother told her.

"Come on," said Ara, holding on to Hyun Heon's hand, "What are you waiting for?"

Hyun Heon smiled and said, "Is it really okay with that?"

"Its okay!" the whole of the Cho family replied her.

"I'm also keen to see how you look like after wearing the hanbok," said Kyuhyun's mother.

"Now get going," continued Kyuhyun's father, "We'll be waiting here in the living room,"

"Araseo(I get it)" said Ara, smiling, "I'll bring her up now,"

With that, she brought Hyun Heon up to her room to change her dress to the traditional hanbok while the others waited in the living room. Needless to say, the most keen person who wanted to see Hyun Heon in a hanbok was Kyuhyun.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Another update!!! PLEASE DO COMMENT MORE!!!

I NEED YOUR COMMENTS!!!
Have a nice day!

I do not own this picture!!!

Its GDA today!!! Lets pray that Super Junior will win!!!! Hahaha!!!

Hais...I still need to go to work.