Lunar New Year...(Part 3) Eating Brings Us Closer

On-Screen COUPLE or Off-Screen COUPLE???

Hyun Heon placed the spoons on the coffee table while Ara brought out the empty bowls. Kyuhyun's parents walked out of the kitchen together. Kyuhyun's mother was holding a big pot while Kyuhyun's father brought along a bottle of red wine and five wine glasses. By that time, Kyuhyun walked down the stairs after bathing. He inhaled deeply and grinned.

"Dumplings," he said as he sat down beside Hyun Heon, "My favourite,"

"I just made some tonight," said Kyuhyun's mother, "I'll be making more tomorrow. Hyun Heon ah, just eat some and fill your stomach. You must be hungry after the performance,"

"Kumoyo ajumma(auntie)," replied Hyun Heon, smiling.

Kyuhyun's father went on to open the bottle of red wine and poured it into everyone's wine glass.

"We've saw the performance through the television just now," Kyuhyun's father said while pouring the red wine, "It was nicely done. I like your performance with Hyun Heon,"

"I was shocked that you had a dance stage," Ara told Kyuhyun, "Not to mention about the ring part,"

Kyuhyun was smiling widely and happily eating away while Hyun Heon was embarrassed about it until she hugged the cushion tightly while eating.

"Can you get use to the taste of the dumplings?" Kyuhyun's mother asked Hyun Heon, "I'm worried that you couldn't get use to it,"

Hyun Heon smiled and showed her the empty bowl she was holding. Yes, she had ate them all. Needless to say, it was delicious. It made her remember how her mother had cooked it for her whenever she goes back to Singapore to celebrate the Lunar New Year with her. However, eventhough this year, she did not go back to Singapore, she could still taste the same thing she had every year...thanks to the Cho family. Kyuhyun's mother gave a satisfying smile and scooped more dumplings into Hyun Heon's bowl.

"She's an eating machine," commented Kyuhyun, patting on his girlfriend's head, "Whenever she's around, the plates and bowls will be sparkling clean,"

Upon hearing that, Hyun Heon hit Kyuhyun on the arm, causing everyone to laugh.

"I hope its not tough to be his girlfriend," joked Ara, "He can be really annoying sometimes,"

"I'm not," protested Kyuhyun.

"He can be really immature sometimes," Kyuhyun's father said calmly, "Especially that time I fought with him about disagreeing for him to pursue his dream to become an idol,"

"That's my dream and I must pursue it," explained Kyuhyun while eating the dumplings, "I had no choice to quarrel with you,"

"But it can be counted as I did a good deed," Kyuhyun's father said humorously, "Or else you wouldn't meet Hyun Heon,"

Kyuhyun nodded his head vigorously while Hyun Heon gave a awkward smile. She could not get use to Kyuhyun's father being so humorous. She always thought that he is a strict and solemn man.

"Hyun Heon ah," said Kyuhyun's mother as she went on to hold Hyun Heon's hands, "Please help me to look after him. Although I can visit you guys in your house(WGM) or meet you two outside, however, I'll be quite busy these few months as I need to help out at the cafe. I doubt I have the time to go and find the two of you,"

"Omma(Mother)," said Kyuhyun, after taking a mouthful of red wine, "I've already grown up,"

"But, you're still my son," replied Kyuhyun's mother.

"I will," said Hyun Heon, holding Kyuhyun's mother hands too.

"Omma(Mother)," said Ara, standing up, "I'll help you to wash the bowls and pots since everyone has finish eating,"

"I'll help too," Hyun Heon volunteered herself but was pushed down to sit beside Kyuhyun again by Ara.

"I can manage the dishes alone," said Ara, smiling, "Just sit and talk to Kyuhyunnie. Its such a rare change that both have you have some private time together,"

"Oh I see," said Kyuhyun, pouting. However, he was staring at his parents, "Maybe we'll get private inside my room?"

Upon hearing Kyuhyun's witty reply, both Kyuhyun's parents stared at their son.

"Are we disturbing the both of you?" asked Kyuhyun's mother.

"Anio(no)!" replied Hyun Heon immediately while shaking her hands vigorously in the air while Kyuhyun was nodding his head.

"Then we shall go into our rooms ,"said Kyuhyun's father, "Since its already 11.45pm , we're sleeping soon,"

"Its really ok," explained Hyun Heon, "I can go to his room actually,"

"Alright then," said Kyuhyun's mother, "We're turning in soon. Don't sleep too late the both of you. Tomorrow is Lunar New Year and we need to wake up early around at eight in the morning,"

"That isn't early at all," Ara said as she walked out of the kitchen, ready to climb the stairs to go to her bedroom.

"I'm afraid that Kyuhyun and Hyun Heon will be too tired," Kyuhyun's mother told her, "Since, they had the chance to sleep longer, they should,"

"Araseo(I get it)," replied Ara, smiling to all of them, "I shall go to my bedroom now, goodnight appa(dad), omma(mum),"

"Good night," both the parents replied her.

"Good night ajussi(uncle), ajumma(auntie)," Hyun Heon said with a bow while Kyuhyun hugged his parents before saying his greetings to them. He still did not had a chance to hug them eversince he came back that night.

"Here," said Kyuhyun's father, passing him the bottle of red wine and two wine glasses, "Don't waste it. Since you're not going to sleep soon, might as well finish it,"

"Ok," Kyuhyun took over the bottle of red wine and the wine glasses.

With that, both Kyuhyun and Hyun Heon went up to the second storey with Ara, leaving the two elders in the living room, watching television. When they had reached the second storey, Ara turned to them.

"Have a good night sleep tonight," she told them and gave them a pat on their shoulders, "You two have work hard for the performance today,"

"You too Ara unnie(sister)," replied Hyun Heon, "Sleep well,"

"Just don't talk too loudly," said Ara and she shot Kyuhyun a grin, "I always have sleepless night when Kyuhyun comes back. He kept playing his computer games with the music switched on so loudly. But this time round, I can see that I'll be having a good sleep tonight,"

Hyun Heon laughed at Ara's reply and Kyuhyun just scratched his neck awkwardly.

"Alright then," said Ara as she went into her room, "Have fun talking,"

"Good night," Kyuhyun said to his sister.

With a nod, Ara closed her bedroom door. 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Another update!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!

I do not own this picture!!! :D