maybe I go too far...

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

 

At a nearby ice cream vendor, Seungri ordered mint chocolate chip ice cream, followed by Suzy, who ordered a little more than necessary. On top of her sugar cone were three scoops of mango, strawberry, and vanilla-flavored ice cream. Seungri sent her a look of disapproval as she worriedly grabbed a handful of tissues from the ice cream man. As big a fan of ice cream he was, this was too much. How was she going to finish that by the time they got back to the office?

 

"I'm in heaven!" She cried out happily, biting gently at the top scoop. "That's the first smart idea you've had since I met you, getting ice cream."

 

He absently wiped at the sweat on the side of his face. "You're so slow. How did it take you this long to figure out that I'm a damn genius?"

 

She snorted. "Please. You're the farthest thing to a genius. Half the time we're at work, you look like you're still figuring out what it is that you actually do."

 

"So you're telling me right now that you spend half of every day watching me. I mean, how else would you know what I look like half the time at work? You're actually attracted to me, aren't you?" He caught the open-mouthed stare of disbelief she sent his way and pushed back his laughter. "I never thought I'd live to see the day that Bae Su Ji stops thinking about our boss for even one minute and actually considers someone who's better in every possible way. Who knew you actually had some sense in you?"

 

Finally finding her words, Suzy threw an unbelievably strong punch at his shoulder. "Shut up! Stop talking!"

 

This was why he loved riling her up. Her reactions were unique and droll and never failed to make him laugh. "It's because I'm right that you're mad."

 

"No! You're completely wrong! Ugh, Seungri, I hate you!" Embarrassed and frustrated, Suzy gave him a shove. "How did you end up sitting by my desk anyway? Every day is so unbearable because of you. I can't stand you, I hate your jokes, you're not funny in any way, and I really, really hate the fact that you make a fool of me any moment you can! You can go die for all I care."

 

The sudden coldness that came over his features made her stop. There was no trace of that relaxed smile that was there mere seconds ago. That easy-going, nonchalant attitude he always exuded even when she threw fits at him was gone. He grabbed her arm.

 

"So if I died right now, you wouldn't give a ." It bothered him how people could easily throw words like that into normal conversation. Dying wasn't a joke. Rarely did Seungri ever feel angry or let out his anger, but moments like that pushed him to the limit. When she stared back at him with question in her eyes, he released her arm. "Don't yell out words like that unless you really mean it, Suzy."

 

Deeply frowning, she instinctively rubbed on her arm. He had grabbed her so forcefully. Unable to understand, she replied, "I'm really fed up with you, Seungri. That's what I meant by it." Suzy looked down at her tower of ice cream and suddenly felt miserable.

 

He let out a mirthless chuckle. "Yeah I know. I'm evil, right? The most arrogant bastard you've ever met," he concluded. "I'm actually surprised you're still talking to me right now. How about we just stop with the courtesy then? You probably hate me more than you've ever hated anybody. From now on, I'll get out of your way." With a cool stare, he turned and walked away.

 

Suzy took a deep breath as she watched him disappear into the crowd. Shouldn't that have made her happy? The idea of Seungri no longer bothering her at work was supposed to be a moment of victory. But now as she stood on the sidewalk, with her ice cream slowly dripping against the hot sun, she could still picture that indifferent look in his eyes. A disconcerting feeling settled in her heart. She knew Seungri for almost two years now, but…I don't really know him, do I? It was the first time she wondered if something bad had happened in his past. What else could explain the way that happy-go-lucky person changed so quickly to become almost heartless?