Sweet jealousy

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Seungri glanced around the heavily packed mall and already felt a wave of irritation come over him. He hated crowds. The thought of having people constantly barge in on his personal space annoyed him. He helplessly looked for the store Suzy had said she was in. Two hours already passed since they arrived. She already knew which stores to go to, while he disliked the idea of following after her like a dog. She had been more than agreeable to let him go off on his own. Now it was time to meet for a late lunch and she still wasn't ready.

 

"Come find me. I'm still trying on a pair of shoes," she said on the phone.

 

"How long are you going to take?"

 

"Fifteen minutes? I'm trying on something. Just come!" With that, she hung up the phone and left him staring at his in disbelief.

 

He had some inkling that this woman loved shopping. He just didn't realize how much. This shouldn't have been a surprise, but as he walked around the mall, he felt annoyance build up again. He really hated shopping.

 

Finally, though, he found the shoe store. It was big, filled with women on one side, men on the other. He scratched at his head absently as his gaze swept the room then landed on the woman wearing the light blue dress. She was standing in front of the mirror, walking back and forth in indecision.

 

He sat on the couch and waited until she turned around.

 

"Hi." Her gaze travelled to his empty hands. "You didn't buy anything?"

 

He shook his head. "I didn't find anything I liked…while you, on the other hand," he glanced down at the bags surrounding him on the couch, "must have."

 

"I don't go shopping all the time, so it's fine," she defended then pointed down to her shoes. "What do you think of these?"

 

They were a pair of dark blue pumps, with a small black bow sitting at the front of the shoe. He really couldn't tell if they were a good-looking pair of shoes. He didn't know anything about women's fashion or shoes and he couldn't have cared less. Seungri shrugged. "Your legs look great with them on."

 

Suzy reddened almost immediately.

 

He smirked again. She got embarrassed too easily, it was so damn adorable. "Aren't you hungry? Let's get something to eat."

 

"I am hungry actually." She moved the bags and sat beside him on the couch.

 

"Are you doing okay here?" The sales lady asked, walking over to them.

 

Suzy glanced up and caught the wide-eyed look on the woman's face as she gaped at Seungri. Clearing , Suzy replied, "I'm fine, thanks. I'll think about these." She put the shoes back in the box as she looked over at Seungri, who was watching her with mild interest.

 

"Oh. Okay, then." The sales lady took her time taking the box from Suzy's hands.

 

She waited until the woman left. Then she turned to Seungri, a little miffed. He looked back at her with question. It wasn't his fault; she thought a little bitterly, that he was just so gorgeous in that rugged way of his. He just exuded good looks and confidence that could make any woman bat their eyelashes at him. With some displeasure, she gave out a loud sigh and stood up.

 

Meanwhile, Seungri was too hungry to notice. Instead he stood and took some of her bags.

 

"I'll hold them," she objected, reaching over for the bags he was carrying.

 

He pulled back. "No. Give me those." He gestured to the bags she did carry.

 

"I bought these. Let me at least carry some." With that, she turned and walked out of the store.

 

Seungri walked in step beside her, glancing down at the bags every few seconds. He contemplated on leaving the bags in the car so that he wouldn't have to bring them along after lunch. He knew Suzy wasn't done shopping. "I think I'll leave these in the car."

 

Suzy turned and looked up at him warily. "Why?"

 

He sent her a look. "So you can buy more stuff after lunch. I know you're not done shopping."

 

She continued staring at him, suddenly feeling guilty for being angry in the first place. "You don't mind walking all the way back to the parking lot?"

 

He freed up his left hand and reached over for the bags she was holding. "Don't worry about it. Just wait for me here."

 

"I was mad for a second," she announced, interrupting him.

 

"What?" He blinked. "Why?"

 

"I… shouldn't have been, since you didn't do anything wrong. Sorry," she added sheepishly. "It was just that saleslady. She kept staring at you like she wanted to eat you up."

 

A grin then popped onto his face. "Oh really? Which one?"

 

"Seungri…!"

 

"I'm kidding," he interjected, catching her chin and angling her face up. "You were jealous, weren't you?"

 

"No." When he kept laughing, she scrunched up her nose. "Okay whatever. I don't care. Take these bags, Charming."

 

At the nickname, he winced.