He was so damned competitive!

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

 

Two hours later, they both sat on the sand about five feet from each other. Seungri was currently building a car while Suzy was aiming for a temple. Without tools though, sand-building was highly tough to come by. Adding to that was the exhaustion that had piled up over the course of two hours, including endless arguments in between and during each game.

 

"You can't be the one yelling out 'start!' That's unfair!" Suzy argued.

 

"Then why don't you go find somebody to do it then? Good luck finding someone who has the patience to deal with you!" He snapped back.

 

Her nostrils flared. "Oh you just wait buddy!"

 

"Stop with the excuses and admit you ."

 

"No! You're just not being fair! It's called ism."

 

Seungri stared at her wearily, glaring through his sunglasses. "Stop stalling and let's go! Come on, let me embarrass you already."

 

"Shut up! I'm going to ask that kid!"

 

After the race, which Seungri had won every trial run and including the final race, the search for the biggest shell began. Of course, seashells by the shore were often the same size and didn't go past a certain diameter. The search had taken a good thirty minutes before Suzy managed to find a shell relatively bigger than anything he could find. So it was really just down to this one game, though neither was in the mood still to build something worth looking at.

 

"The sun's setting, Seungri," Suzy complained as she tried to form the roof of the temple.

 

"But we can't eat until somebody wins." He was damned competitive. It was really an awful part of his personality that he knew too well. Losing was just not an option.

 

She blew the bangs that were sweat-glued to her forehead. "I didn't realize you're so competitive. The thought of beating people and coming out a winner really fuels you, huh?"

 

"Yes."

 

Suzy burst into laughter. When the silence settled again, Suzy pulled back and studied her temple. Damn, it didn't look like one at all. On the verge of defeat, she began to swipe her hands together and gathered herself up. She brushed back the sand on her dress. "I'm tired and hot and I want ice cream before dinner. I forfeit."

 

His head shot up, a scowl on his face. "Why would you do that? I was just about to put on the wheels."

 

When they both studied his sculpture, Suzy shook her head in mock dismay. "That looks more like a pillow, Seungri. Get over it. Look, I'll just buy the ice cream and pay for dinner. Keep working on your car. I'll be right back."

 

He grabbed her arm when she walked past him. "You should've kept going with the game. At least you were getting somewhere," he said as he studied her sand temple. With a sigh, he extended his other arm upwards. "Help me up." As soon as he was on his feet, he said, "It's my treat today so I'll get the ice cream."

 

Suzy's mouth opened to argue, but he turned around and began to walk away. "Wait, I'll go with you anyway. I don't want you picking something I'm not going to like." She bent down and began gathering their things in her arms.

 

He turned and began walking backward, watching her as she shoved her feet into the flats. "Hurry up."

 

"Shut up. I'm going as fast as I can." When she walked past his horrible-looking car, she stopped for a moment and gave it a nice kick. When she looked up and caught the look of displeasure he flashed at her, she stuck her tongue out at him.