You...you're being nice!

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

When it opened, Suzy blinked in surprise. The sadness was gone. There was no trace of it whatsoever. Her eyes narrowed automatically, scrutinizing him.

 

Seungri's brow rose as he leaned against the doorway. "What's up?"

 

"Uh…I guess…you're all right then. But...well...I mean..."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

Still bewildered, her shoulders fell. "Nothing. I guess. Never mind. It's okay. Good night."

 

As she walked back to her room, he interrupted. "Were you successful?"

 

Suzy met his gaze again. "I was. He…said he felt the same way." Her voice carried a lilt to it that told him exactly how happy she was. "I guess we'll be spending the rest of the weekend together."

 

Emotionally tired, Seungri gave a nod of understanding and smiled slightly. "It's good you got what you wanted." Thrown off at the sincerity, Suzy's brows burrowed. Ignoring her scrutiny, he straightened and held onto the door knob. "Good night."

 

What the heck was this? No sarcastic comment. No lecture about Daniel being imperfect and boring and a liar. Where were the snide remarks, the famous Seungri smirk? Oh, what the devil was wrong with him? Aggravated that she had no answers to any of these questions running around in her head, Suzy put her hand against the door to stop it from closing shut.

 

"Wait."

 

At the resistance, Seungri pulled it back. "What?"

 

"What's wrong?" She demanded. "You…you're being nice! This is so unlike you." She grabbed his arm and pulled him to the hallway. "What happened to you out there? Something must have happened for you to be acting so weird right now," she argued when he began to shake his head in denial. "Tell me."

 

Annoyance shot through him at the fact that she saw through him completely. "What are you going on about now? I'm just being civil, like boss asked."

 

Dissatisfied with his answer, she continued to stare back at him stubbornly. "You rarely listen to our boss, if ever. Did something happen at the beach? You looked like-"

 

"Nothing happened," he interrupted curtly. "Everyone's got a right to go wherever they want and do whatever they want." Why the hell did she care so much? "It's none of your business anyway. I'm going back to bed."

 

She grabbed his arm again, letting out a sigh. "Look...I just...I'm worried, okay?"

 

Baffled by that, he gave a short laugh. "You, worried about me? That'll be the day." He wasn't in the mood to think about the sincerity in her eyes or his own reaction to it. The day was already bad enough as is. When she let go of his arm, he grabbed the doorknob. "Get some rest."