Holiday trip

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

At the monthly meeting, Daniel discussed the yearly holiday trip entirely paid for by the company. The point of the vacation was primarily for motivational purposes, but also to give employees a break to enjoy the start of summer. The chosen location was Jeju Island. The beach resort had already been booked and rented by the company for the upcoming three-day weekend.

 

In a daze, Suzy sat back against her seat and imagined what it would be like. The beach was, in her opinion, undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places in the world, regardless what beach it was. There was something serene and extraordinary about watching the sea. Just imagining it all right now, the hot sun, the soft sand, the nice breeze, the smell of the ocean, made her want to cry in excitement.

 

And suddenly, as though lightning struck her, she thought the scene was exactly perfect for a confession. She blinked at the realization. Yes, it truly was! As Bora repeated over and over again, she couldn't just sit back and wait for her boss to notice her and make the move. She was the one had been waiting for her prince and he still had yet to show up at her door. So, as Bora argued, it was time to bring him to the door herself. If she wanted Daniel, she had to work for it. With excitement and newly discovered determination, Suzy fisted her hand and hit the air with it.

 

"Jeju huh…"

 

With her thoughts interrupted, Suzy spun around. "What about it?"

 

"That beach isn't as great as they all say, you know." He leaned back, rested his hands behind his head. "There's a whole ton of pollution in the sand now. Not just clams or rocks or whatever. Teenagers, I heard, are using it as the hang-out for drinking. Broken glass everywhere…you know, that's painful for the feet."

 

She threw a look that reflected disgust and disbelief. "Where do you hear these things? And why do you have to put a damper on my only vacation this whole year? Beach equals paradise, so get over it." He snorted in response. "If you're so against it, don't go." The overly bright smile on her face came suddenly.

 

"Oh I'm going. I'm not about to miss out on the free vacation. I mean, the beach isn't the only thing that place has. Just wanted to warn you before you go out there and start bouncing around the sand like a mentally-challenged bunny."

 

His imagination truly was odd. Suzy decided to ignore his comments as she glimpsed at Daniel's office. He was in a meeting, it seemed. Speaking to herself, she said, "This is my chance, this trip. I have to tell him. It's now or never."

 

Here we go again, Seungri thought with a vague sense of displeasure. Honestly this woman never took a break when it came to their boss. It was like her one and only obsession. It was bothersome to be around to hear it. Just what exactly did she see in the guy? Well, physically that was obvious. Daniel couldn't look more like a celebrity even if he dressed up like a homeless person. But other than that, he didn't have anything else to offer. Any conversation Seungri shared with his beloved boss always ended up being about himself. Daniel was a damn narcissist.

 

With that last thought, he abandoned that topic. There were more important things to worry about. When he looked down at the papers in front of him, he couldn't escape the heaviness that slowly began to settle in his chest. Jeju meant more than to him than just a place to get away. Going back there meant returning to a time in his life he wasn't sure he was ready to face. Seungri breathed in quietly. Even though four years had already passed.