You were there for me even when you didn't have to be…

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

 

#Sometimes
YOU FALL IN LOVE
with the most
UNEXPECTED
person at the
MOST UNEXPECTED TIME.

 

 

 

When they walked back to the car, Suzy held the small bag in her hand. It was entertaining to see Seungri so confused. Usually he projected this confident and unbeatable persona that she always wanted to break down. She mentally did a victory dance at the thought that she cracked at it a little bit today. After sitting down on the passenger seat, she took the box out of the bag and opened it. She studied the watch again, finding it very suitable for him.

 

"You know, I'm not even going to bother," he said when he glanced over at it. "I thought you'd go for shoes or a bag or something, but…you're weirder than even I thought you'd be and that's saying something."

 

"Normally I would have, but…"

 

There was something about spending someone else's money that didn't sit well with her, especially for the fact that she didn't feel as though Seungri owed her at all. If anything, she was grateful for everything he done for her up to that point, for being there when she really needed him and offering her friendship while doing it.

 

"It's not for me," she piped up when he began the car. "Wait, don't drive yet."

 

Raising a brow, he left the gear in park and rested against his seat, looking over at her. "What?"

 

"It's yours." She said, shoving the watch at him. When he didn't take it, she pushed it forward again. "Take it. You bought it."

 

"What do you mean it's mine?"

 

When he faced her challenging stare with his own, she gave an exasperated sound and forcefully grabbed his arm. After locking the watch, she sat back and admired it. "There you go."

 

"What are you talking about?" He glanced at the watch now sitting on his wrist, then looked back up at her. "Why'd you make me buy a watch?"

 

"You said that money was basically mine," she interrupted. "I just thought…" Hesitant to say it out loud, she mulled it over for a moment, then spoke with her eyes facing the front window shield. "Look, what you did for me this week meant a lot. I don't have a lot of people around me who I can lean on, and you were there for me when you didn't even have to be. So…it's not right to say that you owe me. You really don't. That deal we made really helped me, if you only knew," she admitted, feeling her face start to heat up in discomfort. It was hard to bare her heart out like that, but she needed to thank him properly. "So if anything, I owe you. And…well, I thought you needed something for yourself, since you don't seem to buy yourself very many things."

 

After a moment of silence, her eyes shifted and met his.

 

Not knowing what to say, he looked away. Though it had been his own money, she thought so hard over it. He…didn't know anything after all. This woman continued to stir him up in an unnerving and frightening way. As he gripped onto the steering wheel and put the gear on drive, he mulled over everything she said one more time. You were there for me even when you didn't have to be…

 

"You're weird," he muttered as he reversed out of the parking lot.

 

Thoughtfully she angled her head. "Mm…is that bad?"

 

"Yes it is." She couldn't see it, but on his face was a hint of a smile.