The One who got 110% of my heart

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

On the ride home, Seungri leaned his head back and turned to his right. For a long time, he watched her sleep. He felt content just looking at her face. To think how everything had come to this. Even looking back at how they were months ago seemed funny to him. The last time they had gone to Jeju together, they'd still hated each other. It really was funny how life worked.

 

He reached over and pushed aside a stray hair from her face. At the touch, her eyelids lifted slowly, her eyes adjusting to the light. When they met his, a small smile appeared on her face. She turned towards him and snuggled closer.

 

"Stop staring at me," she murmured sleepily.

 

"No."

 

She moaned a little, reluctantly deciding to wake up. She straightened from her position and stretched her back. When she finished doing so, he was still watching her, that half-amused, half-intense look in his eyes. A little embarrassed, Suzy grabbed hold of his chin and wagged his head from side to side.

 

"You dork."

 

He smiled then. "I was just thinking how the last time we were here together, you were getting it on with Daniel."

 

Her punch came quick and forcefully, earning an 'oof' from him. "I was not."

 

"I was at the beach that night…my first attempt at looking for that letter. When you found me, remember?"

 

"Oh really? You looked so sad that night," she recalled, thinking back to that time. It seemed so long ago. "That was the first time my heart did this little bump. I never felt it before."

 

He looked at her quizzically. "What?"

 

"That bump. Like my heart skipped a beat or something. When you looked at me that night."

 

"Really?" For some reason, the pleasure came like a wave over his heart. "I thought you liked Daniel then."

 

"I did. But…" Suzy poked his cheek teasingly. "I guess you were always the one that got my heart going."

 

He laughed while grabbing her finger. "That's nice to hear."

 

For a long moment, they merely looked into each other's eyes, with no words in between. Staring into his eyes made her feel warmth in her belly. There was no other man who could make her feel that way.

 

Then she asked, "How are you feeling?"

 

"Uh…" Seungri let out a breath. "Feels kind of like this big heavy boulder's off of me. That weighed me down for a long time. Thanks for being there for me, angel eyes," he said quietly.

 

"You think I have angel eyes?" She asked with a delighted smile.

 

"Well, they're nice and big. Definitely angel-like." He leaned in.

 

"You're sweet. Who would have thought I'd fall in love with you out of all the people in the world?"

 

He scoffed. "You make it sound like you're on the losing end here."

 

"I'm just saying, who knew? Have you ever heard of that phrase? 'Fate is a fickle thing.' It's so true!"

 

"At least deny what I said."

 

She rolled her eyes. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. There."

 

"Sounds better."

 

Suzy glanced out the window and caught the way the sun's rays hit the rows upon rows of pine trees. It somewhat felt like they were leaving it all behind – the past. It was a good feeling. She heaved a light sigh, still a little burnt out from all those emotions.

 

"If you could talk to Hara one more time, what would you say?" She asked out of simple curiosity.

 

Seungri followed her gaze and studied the beams of light. "'I can't believe you lied to me this whole time.'" The corner of his mouth lifted. "'But thanks for being my first friend, for loving me. And next time I see you, I'll introduce you to her.'"

 

Suzy angled her head, studying him.

 

"The one who got 110% of my heart," he supplied, then nodded firmly, concluding his farewell with it. "Then I'd say goodbye. Give her a hug if I could."

 

"Mm. That sounds like a good parting."

 

After a quiet pause, he then said, "Thanks for not walking away."

 

At the words, Suzy pushed back a little so she could fully face him. It was the young Seungri speaking to her now. She could hear it in the tone of his voice; the young boy who was never loved properly and who never learned to trust in someone. Her heart, feeling overwhelmed, constricted.

 

"You can't get rid of me that easily," she managed to say.

 

Seungri pulled her back to him. "Thanks for that too."