twelve-hour punishment

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Seungri walked out of the elevator with six bags in hand. It was nearing 10 o'clock and his whole body felt spent. He was already feeling ready to get some shut-eye. With the alertness of a drunken man, he walked the rest of the hallway to Suzy's apartment door and turned the knob with difficulty. He wondered if she bought something from each store in the mall, considering he'd carried up more than twelve bags at least up to her apartment.

 

"They're all here," he called out with irritation as he dropped them on her living room floor.

 

He didn't even bother waiting for her reply as he sank down on her couch and closed his eyes for a moment. How could he have known that making her cook a Friday night dinner would lead to a twelve-hour punishment in the mall? Suzy was so damn brutal, he thought sleepily. Just as his head hit the back of the couch, he began dreaming.

 

Five minutes later, Suzy came out of the bathroom after having washed up. She walked back to the living room, bent down and looked through the endless clothes, shoes, bag, and a few other accessories that she had bought. Then her gaze rested on the exhausted, beautiful man who was completely knocked out. Her heart melted a little.

 

Suzy touched his hair tentatively, not wanting to wake him up. She bit her lip in hesitation then went with it anyway. She bent down and planted a peck on his cheek. "I tired you out, didn't I?" She murmured without any sympathy.

 

His left eye opened slightly to catch the sly smile on her face. "I didn't know just how cruel you are."

 

"I don't care. You made me cook dinner last night," she countered before turning back to the shopping bags.

 

"Oh you don't get to escape that easily." He pulled her back and she fell on his lap. Before she could argue, he wrapped his arms tightly around her and used her as his own personal pillow. Burying his face in her neck, he closed his eyes again. "You smell nice."

 

After several efforts to get out of his fierce hold and failing entirely, Suzy gave in. Despite how her heart was bumping delicately, she managed to say calmly, "For goodness' sake, Seungri, you-…we…can't sleep like this."

 

"So what."

 

"Why don't you let me go and you can sleep properly on the couch for the night?"

 

"Who cares how uncomfortable you are? I'm feeling pretty good where I am," he replied with a lazy smile. "Stop arguing and let me sleep, honey bunch."

 

She burst out in laughter hearing a nickname he gave her.