"You…obviously mean more to me"

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Suzy watched as Seungri walked to the kitchen and came back to his desk with a cup of coffee. He hadn't said a word all day, only some mumbles of greetings. So now that the day was dwindling down, Suzy couldn't help but feel a little doubt at the plan they'd made the night before about dinner. It was hard to be sure when the guy had such awful mood changes. One minute he's easy to talk to, the next he shuns everybody out.

 

Was there even going to be a dinner tonight? Or was he playing some kind of cruel game, where she would end up having to take the bus home because she didn't drive that morning? The second thought suddenly made her angry. He wouldn't do that. He wouldn't. Would he? Realizing how fast her thoughts were spinning to the negative end, Suzy stood and walked directly to his desk.

 

He looked up over the rim of his cup. "What?"

 

"Did you cook dinner for me tonight?" She asked, resting her hands on her hips in a sign of agitation. She wasn't going to look pathetic, not now.

 

He raised a brow and put his cup down. "No."

 

opened in shock. What?

 

He put a hand up. "Before you freak out on me, I haven't made it yet. When I get home I'll cook, obviously."

 

After a long and sleepless night filled with thoughts of how badly he was going to end up treating her and how awful this possible relationship between them would inevitably come to, Seungri wasn't in the best of moods. No matter how many times he'd repeated to himself that he wasn't going to let her in, she was getting closer and closer instead. And as much as he wanted to blame it all on her, he had accepted that at least half of the reason why was because he wanted to let her in.

 

In relief, she raked a hand through her hair. "Fine. When are we having dinner?"

 

"I won't be done until 7."

 

She raised a brow at the tone of his voice. "I know." Seungri rarely finished work at 5 and he was often the last person to leave the office. She wouldn't have known it had Daniel not asked her to wait that one night.

 

His gaze followed her as she walked back to her cubicle. It was already nearing 5, the time that Suzy usually went home. He could see from the way she kept on looking around, trying to find things to do, that she was done all her work. Despite not understanding why she was willing to wait two hours, he felt absurdly touched by it. Seungri stood up.

 

He pulled her arm. "If you knew that, why would you wait that long?" The pulse of her wrist under his hand was going a little faster than normal.

 

Suzy cautiously met his gaze. "Why not?"

 

"It's a long time."

 

"But you said you'd make me dinner," she countered, frowning.

 

"Oh yeah. You waited for Daniel for hours that one time, I remember. You're pretty loyal, aren't you?" He said as he sat on the edge of her desk.

 

Seungri glanced down at her small wrist in his hand. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't seem to let go of her. Instead, his hand slid down to take hers. Her skin was so soft.

 

Her heart hammered. Afraid she would stutter, Suzy could only shake her head in response to him. The way he was touching her, it made her feel warm, anxious. He never touched her like this before. "If I was willing to wait for Daniel for hours, I'd do more than that for you," she spoke quietly, meeting his eyes again.

 

"Why?" He demanded, tugging her hand and inadvertently pulling her even closer to him.

 

"Because," she began, despite not knowing what to say. "You…" She couldn't lie, even if she wanted to. His eyes always seemed to wipe out any thoughts she might have had. "You…obviously mean more to me."

 

Seungri straightened from his position, but because he still had some control left, he released her hand. "Let's go."

 

"Eh? But you're not done. I'm really okay with waiting, Seungri."

 

He buried his hands in his pockets and walked away before he could touch her again. "Yeah I know. That's why I'm not going to make you wait two hours for me." Seungri bent down and gathered his things. "I'm really hungry anyway. Get your stuff ready."

 

Speechless, Suzy watched as he organized his desk and began turning off his computer. She did the same. He was being unbelievably considerate of her. How had she gone for years being so oblivious to it? When she looked up, he was watching her. Her cheeks flushing, Suzy followed him to the elevator.