argue & fight

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

 

The following morning, Suzy arrived at work and was met with a large bouquet of yellow roses sitting in a vase on top of her desk. Her eyes widened in pleasure and excitement. Were they from Daniel? They had to be! Or no, maybe another admirer in the office? Immediately her eyes searched the desk for anything that looked like a card, then her gaze landed on the white rectangular card lying by the roses.

 

These are for not taking care of you like I should have. Please forgive me. – Daniel

 

Suzy's heart helplessly melted. So he did realize his mistake. A smile came back to her face. She knew it took a lot to ask for forgiveness, and being a prideful person herself, she knew apologizing was a difficult thing to do. Instantly, she forgave him for everything. She looked back at the flowers, giddy inside, and lowered her head to smell the fragrance. The first time she received flowers and it came from Daniel. He couldn't have been more perfect.

 

"Women still fall all over this kind of thing? That's really sad."

 

Oh, why in the most beautiful morning of mornings did he have to taint it? She didn't bother to glare. "Unlike you, other men actually know what women want. This is why you don't have a girlfriend." Then she met his eyes and beamed.

 

Seungri snorted as he leaned over and grabbed one of the roses. "Right, like that's what you wanted when you couldn't even walk yesterday?"

 

She opened to reply, but failed to say anything. Huh. He was right about that. Reminded of it now, she had to admit, what she had wanted most was to be taken care of by Daniel. But, as she looked back at the roses, this was good enough. It had to be good enough. At least he knew he was wrong and apologized for it. The past was the past.

 

She grabbed the rose back from his hand. "Hands off."

 

"Give me my sandals back."

 

Suzy looked down at her feet absently, having decided to wear comfortable flats for the day. Because she accidentally forgot his shoes at home, she said, "I'll bring them back next week. But…I do appreciate what you did for me yesterday. That was surprisingly nice of you to take care of me like that, so."

 

"Oh Suzy. Don't you know I'm a man of many layers? That was only one side of me." He flashed her a cocky grin.

 

Suzy shook her head, laughing in disbelief. "You are unbelievable. I'll be sure to stop myself before complimenting you again. It really goes over your head, doesn't it?"

 

"It's not over-confidence; just a healthy dose of ego." The smile on her face sent warning bells ringing in his head. Why did she have to have such a damn cute face? Irritated that it was becoming more frequent that to have these thoughts pop out at him, he looked away immediately. "Leave me alone. I'm going to actually do work now."

 

Suzy returned her attention to the roses. How come all the excitement she'd felt just minutes ago was gone? Now that she studied the bouquet and the card Daniel wrote, she realized how shallow this was compared to what Seungri had done for her. It was sweet of Daniel to buy the roses, she understood that, but... Seungri was right. What she'd really wanted was for Daniel to notice her pain. He didn't have to make it go away; just show concern. She bit back a sigh at the disappointment hovering over her heart again at the remembrance.

 

Geez Suzy. You're expecting too much. He's sorry and he bought you such pretty flowers. Get over it.