I am such a damn coward!!

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

On Monday morning, Suzy waited in the lobby for Seungri to arrive. She negligently glanced at a mirror and adjusted the lapels of her jacket. She didn't know what to say to him. She had spent all of Sunday mulling over what she knew and how she felt about it, and got nowhere. Too many unanswered questions to count. Seungri hadn't called either all weekend, which was somewhat of a relief, since she had nothing prepared. Even now, she couldn't find the right words to say the moment they saw each other again.

 

Seungri parked in front of Suzy’s apartment. He sat back against his seat, his mind completely on other things. Waiting for her to come out was almost like torture. He'd missed her like hell. He couldn't remember ever spending 48 hours so miserably. Being in Jeiju, surrounded by memories and promises that he'd buried in his mind, wanting so badly to forget them but being unable to, was tough.

 

He missed her voice. He missed her face. The stupid phone had to die out and he had to be stupid enough to not bring his charger, so he couldn't even flip up that phone and just look at her picture.

 

At the same time, even now he couldn't even come out of this depressed state. The guilt was there, hovering like an inescapable shroud. He watched as she walked out of her building, looking prim and proper as always and he badly wanted to hold her. But he felt like he had no right to do that, not when Hara was so present in his mind.

 

When Suzy sat on the passenger's seat, he started the car, buried in his own silence. And because he was too preoccupied in his own problems, he didn't notice the uneasiness in her eyes.

 

Ten minutes had gone by before her voice finally broke the tension. "How was the reunion?"

 

"It was fine." Lying like this was like poison. He hated himself for it. "How's the cold?"

 

"It's gone."

 

And the silence came looming over them again. The tension was increasing, filling up the small spaces of the car. But while both noticed it, neither could find any words to say. Upon arrival at the office parking lot, Suzy quickly got out, didn't offer an excuse and practically ran into the building without him. He himself exited the car slowly and languidly.

 

Seungri stood by the car for a moment, finally realizing something was off with her. She hadn't been her usual self at all the entire ride. What was wrong with her? Why had she been so quiet?

 

When the possibility that she might have realized he had lied to her came at him like a lightning bolt, he swallowed. No, there was no way. If she did find out, that would be the end of them.

 

 

A day passed. While he still picked her up in the morning and dropped her off at night, it became harder and harder to be with her. Her silence, the sullenness in her eyes, and the way she avoided him however she could throughout the day were so undeniably obvious. He was such a damn coward, he couldn't even find the guts to ask her straight out what was going on with her. Dealing with his own problems and messy emotions made it easier to avoid the topic anyway.

 

He'd gone to Jeiju and not once in the entire weekend did he step foot into the beach to go look for that damned letter. He didn't even get close. He ran away again, like always, as it was every time. Her parents had been accommodating and let him stay in their house, which made his trip back there a lot more painful to endure.

 

Knowing he had to go back there one more time and probably have to lie to Suzy again was eating at him.