"She's perfect"

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

 

Suzy followed Seungri out of the car. A little confused as to what they were doing here, she scanned the road, the forest across it, and the wide view of the ocean to her left. He'd driven to one of the national parks near Seoul. She'd never stepped foot in the area, though she knew it was a known tourist spot.

 

"What are we doing here?"

 

He put on his sunglasses. "Since you showed me your favourite place, I'll show you mine tonight. Let's get something to eat."

 

Curiosity started to bubble up. Having realized how little she really knew about Seungri, she wanted to take advantage of every opportunity to uncover parts of his life a little bit more. Just as she was about to probe about why he loved this place so much, her stomach growled.

 

She met his gaze and saw the quick grin split his face. "I take it your stomach agrees with me."

 

Suzy tried to stay dignified as she walked ahead of him with her arms crossed over her chest. "I want ramen."

 

"Ramen?" Seungri echoed from behind.

 

"There must be some really good ramen restaurants around here. I've been craving it for a while now, but never got a chance to go for some with Bora."

 

They crossed the highway and walked through a clearing in the forest. It was a shortcut Seungri knew well that led to a strip of restaurants at the other side of the park. "I'm surprised you didn't choose a classier place to eat," he remarked. He'd assumed she liked fancy restaurants, considering her preference in men.

 

"Me? I'm so far from it. I just can't fit into that lifestyle." Suzy turned and waited for him to reach her. "Daniel took me to some expensive restaurants and of course, I was impressed at first. But then I realized how fake it all was. I wasn't being myself when I dressed up for him just so I could fit into his crowd. I guess you were right all along. Wait, why, you don't like ramen?"

 

"What? I do. Hell, I can eat ramen three times a day, seven days a week."

 

She laughed. Just as she spun around and tried to step over a big boulder, the front of her shoe got stuck in one of the crevices. "Ahh!" She cried as her body reacted to the movement and fell forward. Bracing herself for the impact, her eyes shut automatically and her arms straightened in front of her.

 

Then suddenly, it was like her body became suspended. In shock, she squinted her eyes open to realize her face was about a foot away from the ground. She blinked and stared down at the arms wrapped around her. Seungri had caught her just in time.

 

"You really are accident-prone, aren't you?" He pulled her up until she was back on her feet.

 

Her face in a horrible shade of red, Suzy swallowed as she turned and faced him slowly. "That was…that was scary. I really thought I was going to hit my face on the ground."

 

Seungri smirked. "Who knows where you'd be without me."

 

Her body still on alert, she felt the warmth of his hands through her dress since he was still holding her waist. When she glanced down, he followed suit, realized where his hands were and immediately dropped them. Suzy, despite feeling mortification, met his gaze warily.

 

Seungri looked back at her with an unreadable expression in his eyes then he patted the top of her head lightly. "Come on. Aren't you hungry?" He walked past her.

 

She waited until her nerves calmed down before she moved.

 

"I guess I should thank you," she muttered.

 

Seungri glanced behind him and still saw the reddened cheeks. He bit back a smile. The fact that she had tripped like that was just her personality and it really didn't surprise him anymore. Suzy was clumsy and got embarrassed too easily and wasn't good at hiding it. It was part of her charm and it was endearing, he had to admit.

 

"Let me ask you something," Suzy began, trying to regain her ground.

 

"Go ahead."

 

"Totally off topic, but I've been curious about this for a while. What kind of women do you normally date?"

 

"Oh. Probably women like Clara. Usually I ask women out who are obviously interested in me. I don't like going after women who play hard to get. It's a waste of time."

 

"Eh…Then what do you do with women you like first? Do you bother asking them out or do you just wait for a woman to show their feelings first?"

 

"Why the sudden interest in my love life?" He asked with a raised brow.

 

"I'm still mortified that you almost saw my underwear, so can you just answer the question?" Suzy retorted.

 

He burst in laughter. "Fine. I haven't liked a woman first in a while. It takes too much effort to be serious about someone. Going after a woman…I haven't done that since Hara." He shrugged one shoulder. "You? Other than Daniel."

 

Suzy pondered over it for a moment. "I don't normally date. Surprisingly," she added derisively.

 

He chuckled. "How many relationships have you been in?"

 

"Three, including Daniel. My first boyfriend was when I was in high school. He was the first guy to ever ask me out. I didn't know who he was, but I was really curious what it would be like to have a boyfriend. That's why, when we began dating, we realized we had nothing in common. I think I stayed with him for 2 weeks? And then after that, we broke up. I wasn't particularly heartbroken."

 

"So you didn't get the whole first love experience," Seungri concluded.

 

"No, I didn't." She let out a deep sigh. "At that time, I didn't think it was that important. Then my second boyfriend in college. Ah…same kind of thing. All my friends had someone, so they set me up with a friend of theirs. He was cute. We were together for a few months. He was my first kiss, but it wasn't anything special. I didn't feel a thing." Suzy stopped walking and rested her hands on her hips. "I'm tired. Why are we still surrounded by trees and rocks? Where are the restaurants?" She began to complain.

 

"All that junk food's keeping you in good shape, isn't it," he commented lightly. When she grunted in response, he grinned. Seungri took her arm and pulled her along. "Keep walking. We're almost there."

 

"Fine. Where was I? Oh yeah, after that guy was Daniel. I mean, you know me. I'm pretty impractical when it comes to romance. I can't go on dates, because I start fantasizing about what the future will be like for me and that poor soul who has to go on the date with me. I can't help but romanticize everything, because it makes me happy to think that way. I know it's not realistic," Suzy spoke before he could interrupt her. "I know. But thinking that…that prince charming I always imagined would show up at my door, doesn't exist is…a little hard to swallow. Just because I've been hoping for him to come around since I was really young, you know?"

 

He didn't say anything, wanting to know if she really was still looking for that unattainable man. I guess women can't let it go that easily, he thought.

 

"Could I…borrow your arm?" She asked reluctantly while studying the mud-filled pond under the bridge. "Sorry, I'm no good with creepy things that swim and crawl in mud."

 

Seungri refused to over-think it as he offered his arm. The idea of her depending on him made him feel strange. Not once in his life had a person ever leaned on him; not even Hara. It was definitely an unfamiliar territory.

 

Suzy held his arm tightly as they walked over an old wooden bridge. Despite the rise in her anxiety level, she managed to smile in gratitude. "Thanks. But you know, Seungri… I realized something important."

 

"What's that?"

 

"Mm…that there are different kinds of prince charmings that exist."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Like, there are men who don't have to look like Daniel and don't have to be sophisticated or high-class to be caring and sweet and treat women right. It took me a while to realize that," Suzy admitted with a rueful laugh. "Even now, I still haven't…given up on finding my prince charming, because the idea of it has changed a lot for me. It's not just about the looks anymore."

 

"How'd you get there?"

 

Here it goes, Suzy thought. She took an inward deep breath. "In some ways, you're… kind of like prince charming." When his arm fell limp, the corners of her eyes wrinkled.

 

"What?"

 

It was as though someone had thrown a football right between his eyes. The concept of putting 'Seungri’ and 'prince charming' in the same sentence had never occurred to him once. It was even more bizarre that it was coming out of Suzy's mouth; the same Suzy who had constantly labelled him as 'the most arrogant jerk I've ever known.'

 

Suzy watched from the side as several emotions flashed across his face. Seungri had an adorable side too, she realized with pleasure. After letting go of his arm, Suzy began to walk ahead of him, laughing. Over her shoulder, she said teasingly, "Don't worry Seungri, It'll be our secret." Then she turned around to leave him behind. "Oh I see lights. Hurry up," she called as she went through the narrow opening of trees.

 

"Suzy-" She ran out of sight from him. He let out a sigh before running after her. Even in a dress, flats, and handbag, Suzy still managed to run when it came to food.

 

When he got to her moments later, he saw the line of restaurants up ahead. Even without knowing the area, she still found her way to it. He wondered if her sense of smell was just that good. Seungri stared at her back. "You're one crazy woman."

 

Out of breath, she looked over her shoulder at him. "Feed me, Seungri. I'm hungry."

 

Her nose and cheeks were pink. Her brown eyes were filled with humour. That smile that always hit him in the gut was on her face at that moment. She looked happy. And Seungri found her too beautiful for words. With the wind in her hair, Suzy absently placed one of her stray curls over her ear as she turned back around.

 

Suddenly his hand shot out and grabbed hers. He yanked her back and she fell against his chest.

 

Bewildered, she stared up at him, her eyes wide. Her hands instinctively splayed against his chest. "Wha-"

 

Without a word, he bent his head down and lightly pressed his lips against hers. Her body froze. Her eyes remained open and wide as she stood thunderstruck while his lips met hers.

 

After a moment, he pulled away, slowly at first. When his gaze drew back to her eyes, he saw the shock resonating there. He bit back a sigh. She had been stirring him up all this time and it was exhausting to keep stopping himself. He should've known he had reached his limit already.

 

Suzy's eyes averted. When he stared at her just like that, her brain seemed to always shut off completely. What to do now? Her mind repeated in a panicked fashion. Her lips still tingled. Her fingers itched to touch her lips, but she fisted her hand. She couldn't even think clearly. It wasn't even her first kiss, but it felt so different. Why did it feel so…special?

 

To make things worse, she felt a warm ball of tears rise up in . Oh my God, don't cry now. She blinked rapidly to push them back.

 

After what seemed like a long silence, she cautiously looked back at him. What would they both do if she started to cry? His brown eyes were staring into hers in a way that weakened her knees. Now he looked away, unsure what to say. Clearing his throat lightly, he spoke. "I see a ramen restaurant. Let's go."

 

Suzy managed to nod when he walked away.

 

Recognizing the fact that their relationship had now completely and utterly changed, neither spoke a word. There was no going back. He had made the move and she didn't do a thing to stop it. Avoiding each other's gaze, they continued to walk down the path, with a meter-length of space between them.