Don't jinx it

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Lunch had been silent. At the ramen restaurant, the two had chosen seats at the counter so they didn't have to face the other. While random comments about the food were passed, conversation was for the most part dead. One was desperately trying to find something to talk about, while the other could care less, still mulling over what he'd done. He didn't regret it, but the fact that this awkward atmosphere had settled so quickly made him wonder if he'd picked the wrong timing to do it. Then again, it wasn't like he really had much of a choice. He didn't even realize he'd kissed her until it was over.

 

Now they were walking down a long stony stairway to the open beach. Suzy had requested it and he hadn't said no, despite wanting to avoid beaches. A little worried that she would trip over her own feet, Suzy took her time trudging down the stairs. Because of it, Seungri ended up farther than she would have liked. Even though they hadn't said much to each other since that incident, having him near her still made her feel safe.

 

"Seungri," she called out timidly. She squinted against the sunlight.

 

He turned around and realized he'd gone about twenty steps down from her. So absorbed in his thoughts, he had almost forgotten where he was. Suzy let out a worried smile, hoping he got the message. He knew her well enough to recognize it was a smile that meant 'fear.'

 

"Sorry," he said as he walked back up the stairwell. "Scared you might trip and break your bones?"

 

Almost automatically, her scowl returned. "Don't jinx it. You know I could very well do that."

 

Without hesitation, he took her hand and held it in his, then began to walk down. Feeling her pulse skip, Suzy kept silent as she curled her fingers over his tightly and walked in rhythm of his pace. His hand felt rough and prefect against hers. Regardless of what happened and what that might have meant, she was content that he still took care of her just like this.