There's no prince charming in this world

Crazy, Stupid, Love


The day ended and Suzy was glad to say that she shed no single tear since that morning outburst. Oh she might've felt rotten emotions tumbling to the surface when Daniel would walk past her. But like Seungri said, she kept the deal in mind, and the last thing she needed was self-inflicted humiliation.

 

 

It was just sad how different Daniel was. She had seen a side of him no one in the office knew about. As much as it hurt, she was glad for it; she would no longer be duped by that perfect image he liked showing to everyone. Of course, she understood the need to maintain some kind of persona in front of others. She had her own pride too. But there was such a thing as taking it too far to the point of projecting someone completely separate from your own true identity, and he certainly had done it in front of her.

 

Suzy stood and stretched her back. Reminded of Seungri, she glanced over and noted that his chair was empty despite the disorganized pile of papers and folders on his desk. She then scanned the office and saw him hanging out at the kitchen.

 

After packing up all her things, she walked to the kitchen with her purse in tow. Seungri was looking out the window while drinking a bottle of cold water. Watching him now, she felt that uncomfortable tug in her heart. The look in his eyes seemed to reflect sadness, for some odd reason.

 

"I didn't cry."

 

At that, he turned. It was funny how fast his facial expression could change so quickly. Seungri grinned. "I guess I owe you then."

 

Suzy automatically held the handkerchief in her pocket and held onto it tightly. "I really needed that today." She sat down on one of the bar stools at the counter. From the kitchen window, she could see that the sun was still shining even though it was already evening. "I asked myself over and over again, why don't some relationships work? I thought…if you wanted something badly enough, it would come to you."

 

It was a rare moment, the two of them sharing a thoughtful conversation.

 

"Sometimes it's out of your control." He turned back to the window again. Hara had been a special woman in his life and no matter how much he loved her, she didn't return the feelings. He couldn't do anything about that, could he?

 

"I don't know why I'm telling you this. I'm probably just really depressed right now," she began with a sad smile. "I've never fallen in love. I thought I was, with Daniel. Then he turned out to be someone completely different. A lot of it is my fault. I really made him out to be some kind of fairy-tale prince in my head."

 

Seungri didn't have to look at her to discern how she was feeling.

 

Feeling an urge to comfort her, he offered some kind words. "You'll meet somebody again, as loud as you are. I mean, I guess you have some other qualities to offset that mouth." He said with a smile. "But here's an advice. Lower your expectations. Otherwise, you really won't find anybody out there. There's no prince charming in this world, I can tell you that."