I need to be there

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Alone in the dark, lying in her bed hugging a pillow to her chest, Suzy tried closing her eyes. All she saw was Seungri. She couldn't sleep. Still filled with thoughts of him, her mind couldn't rest. She'd faced more emotions in a span of two weeks than she had ever faced in her life. To go through all this meant the feelings, the relationship, the entirety of what she and Seungri had, was beyond what she imagined could ever exist between two people. She'd learned one important lesson about love because of him. Love brought about extreme emotions; there was no in-between. Life could either be happy and beautiful or just painful and unbearable.

 

She pressed her face on the pillow. Where was he now? On the way to Jeju? Her heart felt heavy and lonely. Now when they'd made up he'd gone back once more. Why did he have to go back so urgently like that, she wondered. Like an unfinished business almost. Why hadn't she offered to come with him?

 

Suzy opened her eyes and adjusted to the dark. Did she even have the right to be there and intrude in their memories? She wasn't a part of it at all. Despite his apologies, the words he'd said to her before – you'll never get it – echoed still in her ears. She knew everything he'd said reflected some truth in it. She was always going to be an outsider; someone who could never truly understand it all. It was hard to accept that. Did that mean she wasn't the right person for him?

 

No…no. She frowned, feeling her tears come up. Who cares if she couldn't understand it completely? Now imagining him with some other woman was impossible for her to do. He'd become hers as much as she'd become his.

 

At the thought of him being there in Jeju, alone, without anyone to lean on, Suzy sat up suddenly. For some reason, her gut feeling said that whatever Seungri set out to do there was going to be painful. "No…I have to be there," she muttered to herself. "It doesn't matter." Even if she wasn't the right person for him, she would make it so. She was the only person for him. Quickly she got out of bed and carelessly the lights. "I have to be there for him, like I said I would." With her thoughts spinning quickly she grabbed for a bag and some clothes to change into. I have to go. I have to go to him. I may not understand it all, but all that matters is he's hurting and I need to be there. How I feel doesn't matter anymore.

 

Her phone rang while she put on a pair of jeans. "What?" She asked hastily.

 

"Suzy! Can I come over tonight?" Bora asked in her usual, cheerful voice.

 

"Not tonight. I'm going to Jeju."

 

"Eh? What? How come you're going there now too?"

 

"Seungri went earlier today. I have to go after him, Bora," Suzy replied hurriedly. "If I don't…" He'll end up crying alone. "I have to go. I'll talk to you later!"