You annoy me more than I ever thought possible

Crazy, Stupid, Love
 
#You annoy me more than I ever thought possible.
                                     But I want to spend every irritating minute with you.

 

 

Timidly, Suzy glanced over at her desk mate. Seungri was hunched over his keyboard, seemingly working hard. She couldn't understand him at all. Since that night, he hadn't said a word, much less a mere hello. She couldn't decipher whether he was upset with her or just not in the mood at all. He did say that he was really frustrated because he saw her. The frown on her face deepened. What exactly did she do wrong to warrant this kind of cold attitude from him?

 

Suzy crumpled up a scrap piece of paper, made it into a ball, spun around, and swung her arm. The paper ball landed at the top right side of his head.

 

Seungri threw her a subtle look over his shoulder. "What?"

 

She glowered, crossing her arms in front of her. "What's with the attitude? Are you mad at me? What did I wrong? I didn't do anything wrong. I just bought some food and for some reason, we were at the same place at the same time, so I had nothing to do with being there right when you drove by, and besides, you didn't have to stop. You could have driven by me." She said the last sentence with a huff.

 

"Are you done?"

 

"Why are you mad at me? You know how much I hate silence."

 

"I just have a lot of work to do." When her pout still remained, he suddenly felt like making a joke just so she would crack a smile. But he still felt weird and couldn't exactly hide it. "Let me finish this stuff first."

 

Unconvinced, she looked over at the clutter on top of his desk. He did look really busy. With a hesitant nod, she agreed and left him alone. Maybe what happened that night was…just Seungri being extra nice and mean at the same time, and that there really was nothing behind what he said or did. It couldn't have. This was Seungri, after all, she reminded herself. And yet, a part of her was disappointed with that thought.

 

At lunch, Seungri stood in front of the microwave, waiting for his food. He looked over idly and caught sight of Suzy, who was eating her lunch at her desk. Why he was so friggin' drawn to her, he couldn't explain. He couldn't help himself from watching her.

 

As she took in a spoonful of rice and meat, a piece accidentally fell. She blinked, glanced down in surprise, then with embarrassment, looked around carefully, and finally bent down and picked the piece up. For a moment her face showed disgust before she quickly popped it in . Seungri chuckled in disbelief. She was so damn clumsy. It was endearing.

 

Then he caught himself. Seungri straightened and walked back to the microwave. What the hell was he doing? This is Suzy. She's just the uptight, overly sensitive…being…working beside him. It was bad enough to picture Suzy as a woman, mainly because it made it that much more difficult to get her out of his mind.

 

Frustrated with himself, he mentally shook himself out of it.

 

When he was just about ready to get back to his desk, someone from behind said, "That smells good..."

 

He glanced up. Suzy stood by the door, cautiously looking back at him whilst chewing food in . "If you're not mad, you should say something now."

 

With a sudden grin, he then said, "This is the best chicken curry ever made. You know why? Because I made it." He walked over and swung his plate near Suzy so she could smell it. When she began to shift towards it, he pulled it back towards him again. "Unfortunately for you, it's only for me." With that, he walked by her.

 

"Wait, let me try it," she asked, quickly fishing for a spoon in one of the kitchen drawers. "Don't be so greedy," she urged. "One spoonful."

 

He sat down on his seat, sent her a bland look. "No."

 

"Come on, share." Suzy stood right behind his chair. She leaned down as far as she could so she could smell the curry. "Mmm."

 

Instead of the curry, he smelled a sweet, flowery scent. Realizing her stomach was grazing his shoulder; Seungri immediately shoved her back and pushed his chair away from her. He never used to notice any of these things before. What was she doing anyway, getting so close to him that they were actually touching? They never stepped over each other's personal space before. It was driving him crazy.

 

"Get away. It's my food. If you want curry, make it yourself."

 

Offended, she pointed the spoon at him. "You know I can't cook for the life of me. Besides, how will I know that that's the best chicken curry ever made if I never even get to try it? Seriously, Seungri, don't be greedy."

 

He shook his head.

 

"You know, Bora and I have tried practically every restaurant in Korea that offers curry. I'm sure that I've tasted every curry flavour. You know what that means? That means I'm very skilled at picking out the good from the bad. Besides, if you're not mad, like you said you weren't, you'll let me try it because you're going to be nice and share your food, right? Seungri, don't be evil! You know how much I love food! Depriving me of food is like…like taking away a carrot from a bunny. It's just plain cruel. Curry's one of my favourite dishes too, you jerk. I just want a spoonful, that's it. It's not like I'm asking for a lot." He stood up. "Seungri, come o-"

 

He then shoved the spoonful of curry rice in .

 

Startled, her eyes widened. For a moment, he fed her properly. When she closed and began to chew, she looked up and met his gaze cautiously. Seungri glanced down at her lips and caught the tiny smear of curry sauce at the corner of . Before he could stop himself, he reached forward and wiped the sauce off with his thumb. As it happened, his mind only said one thing. .

 

Her heart flipped over.

 

When he pulled away, something inside her trembled. Uneasily, she went back to her desk. She picked up her water bottle and downed the food in one go. As soon as she put it back down, she felt her heart do another tumble, still replaying what just happened in her mind. She squeezed her fists involuntarily when she peeked at him. He looked unfazed.

 

She fell on her chair and took a deep breath.

 

Why was this happening? And with Seungri, at that. She couldn't be… At the thought, Suzy shook her head rapidly. No. It's Seungri. It's Seungri! She took another deep breath. Okay that had no effect anymore. Her heart, she realized, was already reacting differently to his name now.