I'm getting ice cream

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Summer had finally arrived. As Suzy took a sip from her ice water, she recalled those summer days in her youth. They were filled with some of her best memories of life. In high school, her and a group of her friends spent many hot sunny days at the beach, relaxing and having picnics every so often. The summer festival and fireworks were also the immensely fun events she loved about summer. She remembered the desperate desire for a boyfriend just for those experiences. Looking back at it now, Suzy wondered when a romance-filled summer would ever come her way.

 

When a trickle of sweat travelled down the back of her neck, she bit back the urge to growl. For a moment there, as she stared out the glass window and enjoyed the scenery, she momentarily forgot how excruciatingly hot it was in the office. It was like sitting in an oven. The air conditioner was malfunctioning while the hundreds of computers lying around continued to spew out heat. It didn't help that at that particular moment in time, the sun was brightly glaring on their side of the office.

 

Just as she picked up an empty folder to fan herself, Seungri abruptly stood from his desk. "I'm done. I can't work like this."

 

She turned, looked up, and embarrassingly did a double take. His usually buttoned up collared shirt was carelessly open at his throat down to his collar bone. Her pulse bumped involuntarily. It had never crossed her mind that he was attractive in any way, so seeing him now looking so shamelessly y burned her cheeks. At the realization of where her thoughts were going, Suzy turned away immediately and pressed the cold water to her cheeks. What am I thinking? This is insane!

 

Trying to come off unaffected by that little sequence, she asked, "Why are you so worked up? Are you actually planning to go home now?"

 

He stared down at her with disbelief, then caught the ice water on her desk. He reached over and downed it in one go. She stared at him, speechless. When he passed her the glass, he said, "Don't tell me you can actually work productively in this heat. I'm not going home. I'm getting ice cream."

 

Immediately, Suzy lost all inspiration to argue. When it came to ice cream, she often let go of her pride without a second thought. "Wait!" She called when he walked past her.

 

Annoyed with the distraction, he turned back around. "What?"

 

"Ice cream? You're going to get ice cream right now?" Unaware that he was staring at her with such scrutiny, she walked towards him, deliberately clasping her hands together so as not to grab his arm in excitement. "Can you…buy me one?"

 

"Get real." Astonished at this newfound side of Suzy, a mischievous smile slowly appeared on his face. "So…ice cream must be your weakness, huh? That is good to know." He then turned his back on her and continued walking, but just as he neared the elevator, she took his arm and pulled forcefully. He threw her an exasperated look. "What the hell?"

 

"If you're not going to buy me one, I'm coming to get one myself."

 

He pried off her fingers and pushed her back a step. "Do whatever you want."