Why did it ............

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

 

At the end of her shift, Suzy let out a big, unattractive yawn. She stood and walked over to her seatmate's cubicle. Seungri was playing a game of solitaire on the computer. She rolled her eyes and gave the back of his head a smack.

 

He turned swiftly, a hard scowl on his face. "I'm really close to winning. Give me a second."

 

As the girlfriend, she stepped aside, crossed her arms in front of her, and watched him play out the rest of the game. Her brows furrowed when he began clicking useless cards and ended up losing the game. A little ashamed that she had let him play it out, she pressed her lips together and cleared when a pop-up claiming that he had lost the game flashed on the screen.

 

"You're such a loser," she muttered. "Take me home."

 

He tsked under his breath and stood up unwillingly. He gave off his own tired yawn while asking, "So where are we eating dinner?"

 

"I don't feel like cooking."

 

"Me neither."

 

They continued staring at each other, willing the other to give in and admit defeat. When the staring contest continued for another minute, Suzy let out a loud groan and waved her fists in the air in frustration. "I don't want to cook!" She complained, sending him a fierce pout. "I actually want to eat delicious food tonight. Don't be evil."

 

Seungri studied the cute act with pleasure, but still felt reluctant to concede. Then raised his hands and said, "Fine. I'll make dinner, so long as you do something to entertain me the entire time I'm in the kitchen." He thought up an idea then clapped his hands once. "Talent show."

 

"Where do you get these ridiculous ideas?" She interrupted, glaring as they walked to the elevator.

 

"You have to sing and dance to any song that I demand while I make us some highly unique Italian-Japanese dishes." When her eyes widened in interest, he grinned. "That's right, pookie bear. Some of my secret, special recipes. I'll whip them out if you do the talent show."

 

"Fine. I don't get why you'd be entertained listening to this voice and watching this," she gestured to the length of her body, "dance like a clown for hours."

 

He laughed, closing the distance between them while the elevator carried them to the lobby. He played with the ends of her jacket. "The fact that this is all mine to watch is enough entertainment."

 

Before she shoved him back, she let him kiss her. "Seungri, I'm really hungry. With what I'm about to do for you, this better be the best dinner I'll ever eat in my life."

 

 

Suzy stared at her reflection in his bedroom mirror with a dejected expression. On the way to his building lobby, she had practically taken a nosedive at a wonderfully deep puddle in the front yard because of the damn black pumps that slid around everywhere. Because Seungri was so occupied in what she was going to be performing for him, he'd walked ahead. She remembered what Bora had once said to her. It went along the lines of, the longer a couple stayed together, the faster the romance and sweetness dissipated.

 

That wasn't exactly true though, she thought to herself. Seungri was still considerate when he wasn't thinking up ways to embarrass or . She couldn't get her mind around the reason why it amused him so much to see her get embarrassed. He'd tried explaining it to her once, but she had stopped him before he went on and on. It made no sense.

 

"I guess this will have to work," she murmured, negligently touching the bottom of the long, blue shirt Seungri had lent her. It looked like a dress on her. His sweatpants were too big and had to be tightened excessively to stay up on her waist. She then reached down and gathered her wet, mud-covered office clothing in dismay. "This is what you get for buying such bad shoes. You didn't learn your lesson, did you Suzy?" She lectured herself.

 

She stepped out carefully from his bedroom and walked to the kitchen.

 

He glanced over idly then did a double take. "Why do you look like a kid in my clothes?" He managed to say despite the way his voice had gone a little rough. When he'd started believing Suzy couldn't look more cute or beautiful, she proved him wrong completely. To see her in his own clothes did something to him.

 

Her face became a tomato. "Don't you have smaller clothing?" Not knowing what to do with her hands, she touched the strays of hair by her neck.

 

He kept staring at her in wonder. "I think this is the first time I've seen you with a ponytail. Is this how you looked back in high school?"

 

"Stop looking at me like I'm a specimen," she muttered. "When I was in high school, I had my hair cut really short; up to the neck, like this," she gestured.

 

"Like a mushroom?"

 

"Sort of, but prettier. Anyway, what do I do with my wet clothes? Should I just leave them in your bathroom to dry for now?"

 

"Yeah, grab some of my hangers from the closet."

 

With that, she quickly walked back to his bedroom and opened the door to his rather nice walk-in closet. She walked in and stood in one spot, biting back a moan of jealousy. How nice would it be to have as big a walk-in closet as this and have enough room to place all her shoes neatly so she could see them all? She thought back to the disorganized and endless piles of shoeboxes sitting at the bottom of her own closet.

 

She rummaged through his clothes and couldn't find a free hanger. At that moment, she looked up and caught three hanging at the very end of the line of slacks. Was this all planned, she began to wonder of Seungri. He knew she was short. He knew she couldn't reach that far into his closet. After letting out a loud sigh, she climbed up the side drawers carefully.

 

"Oh my God don't fall. Don't fall. Don't fall," she muttered as she extended her right arm as far as they would go. Her hand grasped one. She let out a small cry of victory then viciously threw the hanger on the ground. Eventually she managed to grab all three, throwing the other two down just as viciously. Not the smartest move, as one bounced and fell right against the back of the closet. She couldn't exactly see, what with all the black pants and jackets he had coordinated in that specific area. She squinted, even with the closet light on.

 

"Dammit." She then caught sight of the silver hook of the hangar. She pulled hard and fell back on her . Stuck on the hook was a wrinkled and tattered plastic bag. That's weird. Her curiosity strong, she forgot about respecting Seungri's privacy, and decided to untie the knot. Where the heck did this come from? When she opened it, she saw the picture frame. That same one she'd seen of Hara and him.

 

Her heart thudded slowly and loudly. Oh no, what was she doing? She wasn't supposed to be doing this. Why… Just as she felt like putting it away, her eyes betrayed her and focused intently on Hara's face. Suzy carefully unwrapped the plastic bag and revealed the picture frame in its entirety. Had she not known what had happened to her, Suzy wouldn't have noticed the sadness in her eyes. But it was there, with the way Hara was smiling ever so slightly.

 

Why did it hurt so much to stare at this girl's face?

 

She looked at the young Seungri, and her finger lightly touched the glass above his face. He looked too smitten and so happy to be with her, Suzy mused. This was the Seungri whose heart was probably broken after this picture was taken. Suzy felt her heart grow heavy. This was the Seungri that belonged only to Hara.